BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that solely depends on network congestion.

I don't understand how can I get a good download speed but worse upload speed due to network congestion. I think it's because of BSNL tower settings as they focus more on providing download speed than upload speed. While using Airtel 3g I get upload speed worth more than 300kBps IIRC(& 450+KBps down). Both are wireless so it seems that problem is from Tower settings.
@kuduku, I'm waiting to hear some good news from u about your's internet up and down speed. Post it ASAP. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be improper settings from BSNL's end. but you cant compare to GSM Tech. it is different technology from CDMA.

Is there any software to select particular tower? Sometimes when I get signals from 2nd closest tower I get shown upload speed otherwise I get 30kBps with my nearest tower.

Got the BSNL EVDO card today. But I am unable to connect to the Internet.
Whenever I try to connect, it says "Error 691: Username or password invalid on this domain".
I got the datacard sold by BSNL [made by Prithvi].

- - - Updated - - -

I as using the proper username and password [username is 10 digit ph number @ aaako.in and password is the 10 digit ph no]

Got the BSNL EVDO card today. But I am unable to connect to the Internet.
Whenever I try to connect, it says "Error 691: Username or password invalid on this domain".
I got the datacard sold by BSNL [made by Prithvi].

- - - Updated - - -

I as using the proper username and password [username is 10 digit ph number @ aaako.in and password is the 10 digit ph no]
try using
10 digit number as username and password without aaako.in
cdma cdma
123 123
bsnl bsnl

try using
10 digit number as username and password without aaako.in
cdma cdma
123 123
bsnl bsnl

Already tried that.
For now, using the demo account (username: 165 , password: 165) to use the Internet. Since today was Saturday, almost no one was at the BSNL customer care office. Will go again on Monday. The person whom I met, said that the demo account is the same as any account and there will be no problem if I keep on using that account.

Does anybody here know if using the demo account is a good practice over the long run? Will any extra money be deducted from my account?
(I am using the Unlimited plan and have some extra balance in my account)

Already tried that.
For now, using the demo account (username: 165 , password: 165) to use the Internet. Since today was Saturday, almost no one was at the BSNL customer care office. Will go again on Monday. The person whom I met, said that the demo account is the same as any account and there will be no problem if I keep on using that account.

Does anybody here know if using the demo account is a good practice over the long run? Will any extra money be deducted from my account?
(I am using the Unlimited plan and have some extra balance in my account)
Demo doesnt work on roaming . Only aaako.in will work . No extra money or other issues in demo . You need to get your account details

Demo doesnt work on roaming . Only aaako.in will work . No extra money or other issues in demo . You need to get your account details

For now not concerned with roaming. This connection will be used at home only.

I have got all my account details. But for some strange reason am unable to log in.

P.S : The BSNL Connection Manager kept crashing on Win 7. So I made a dial up connection manually and use it to connect to internet.
But now that the connection manager is not working, how will I know my account balance? There was a nice dialer in the Connection Manager application. Dialling *123# showed me the balance and validity.

Another question. In the tariff details it said something like recharge Rs.20 for 6 month validity. But when I checked balance it showed validity was expiring just 1month from now. Should I recharge some value for the validity?

For now not concerned with roaming. This connection will be used at home only.

I have got all my account details. But for some strange reason am unable to log in.

P.S : The BSNL Connection Manager kept crashing on Win 7. So I made a dial up connection manually and use it to connect to internet.
But now that the connection manager is not working, how will I know my account balance? There was a nice dialer in the Connection Manager application. Dialling *123# showed me the balance and validity.

Another question. In the tariff details it said something like recharge Rs.20 for 6 month validity. But when I checked balance it showed validity was expiring just 1month from now. Should I recharge some value for the validity?
yes 6 months for 20 bucks is correct . Dont have to recharge if you have balance You can transfer talktime /topup to validity . details are on Bsnl website

In my case, the place where I get decent down speed and RSSI, I get bad upload speed and place where I get bad down speed is where I get good upload speed. Very confusing!!! :? @kuduku u can try this, Axesstel PST EvDO helped me a lot in finding this. I think in my case it depends upon neighbor pilot count.

yes 6 months for 20 bucks is correct . Dont have to recharge if you have balance You can transfer talktime /topup to validity . details are on Bsnl website

I think the option to convert talk time to validity has been removed. But you can use the available balance to do whatever recharge you want including Rs 20 which gives 6 months validity.
@hotshot05 : Yes, most plans offer only 1 month general validity initially, so you need to do a recharge of Rs 20 to increase the validity by 6 months.

@kuduku, @varkey, @hayabusa_ryu, @cisco_tech I do not have the BSNL Connection manager installed. It kept crashing in Windows 7 and so I uninstalled it and am using only the drivers supplied with the Prithvi modem from BSNL. The connection manager had a dialer application inside. Since I cannot access the dialer application now, I am not able to dial any number like *123# to know my balance and validity. And as a result I am not able to do the talktime to recharge conversion either.

Is there any other application or method using which I can dial numbers?
(I do not own a CDMA phone.)

i guess you can not. reinstall the application. uninstall all the drivers and hardware related to Prithvi and reinstall from scratch.

My validity was expiring, converted Rs 20 from my balance to validity now nothing to worry for next 6 months.

My validity expired and I'm the GP1 ie Grace Period 1. I am enable to recharge for Rs 20, tried it from PayTM, and many other sites. It just fails. Even the CDMA portal is not allowing me to do the conversion. :(

Any alternative?

kuduku : Never tried, will install and let you know.

Edit :

Finally was able to recharge from ezRecharge.in for Rs 20 (selected BSNL Special) :)

My validity expired and I'm the GP1 ie Grace Period 1. I am enable to recharge for Rs 20, tried it from PayTM, and many other sites. It just fails. Even the CDMA portal is not allowing me to do the conversion. :(

Any alternative?

kuduku : Never tried, will install and let you know.

Edit :

Finally was able to recharge from ezRecharge.in for Rs 20 (selected BSNL Special) :)

Can I recharge the Rs.750 required each month for the unlimited connection from this site using BSNL Special? Or does a normal PayTM recharge work for that?

^ If you are using the STV, then its Rs 825/830 depending on the circle. The STVs have to be done through BSNL Special. If your plan is the Rs 750 unlimited which is automatically renewed every month, just do a topup so that you have useable talktime of Rs 750.

It is better to convert the base plan to EVDO General and go the STV way as you have better control. As you can activate the plan whenever you like it. There are 15 day, 7 day, 1 day plans as well.

I have two new Sierra 598U available for sale comes with the box and all accessories. SPC has been reset to 000000. PM me if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back