BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow 400 mts is quite close by. Its almost next to your house. Hence the low dBm. But still speeds surprise me because even at the BSNL office I have managed to get speeds of around 225 KB/s in download. Anyway will check with someone as to why speeds are lower in our area. I get a dBm of around -60 to -65. The tower I guess is around 5-6 km away from my house.

@kuduku are you sure you get 300KB/s speed on EVDO? I guess you are really close to the EVDO Tower and there are no other users using EVDO. Because I have never got speeds above around 1.6Mbps. Usually I get download speeds of around 100-150KB/s. I have RSSI of -65 and a ping of 100ms. Why I am surprised by the speeds is because they are too close to theoretically possible speeds. At 300KB/s it means you are getting full 2.4Mbps possible under "ideal" conditions but not heard of under regular usage. I am also not sure if BSNL has 3.1/1.8Mbps towers installed anywhere. They are usually capped at around 2.4/.2 (around the Rev.0 Range).
Speeds are correct , its always above 300KB and in nights 350KB download speeds in IDM from my VPS . Maximum of BSNL towers are Rev A towers with theoretical speeds of 3.1Mbps . Only in villages you might find Rev 0 towers .
In my other location I have signal of -68dBm and download speeds of 250KB in IDM . Generally there are no speed capping in EVDO . Most of the BSNL guys dont know how to cap speeds in EVDO .......
@hotshot05 Will test modem directly in laptop tonight and report

The best EVDO speeds in this thread/forum are of @cisco_tech . It seems he is siting on the EVDO tower itself . He had shared a screenshot earlier of -48dBm . Thats too good and he consistently gets 350KB download speeds

@hotshot05
Tested ZTE Ac766 in laptop and I am surprised .... It consistently gave 350+ KB download speeds . Thrice speed came down to 200KB then again climbed back to 350KB . Will it increase even more if I use the external antenna !!! Tested for 5 minutes only .
using MR3020 killed the speeds to tune of 100KB download speeds . I always knew that such devices reduce speeds but 33% speed reduction is ridiculous .
Another thing it was not on any plan . I paid from my prepaid balance for whatever i used it . The other day I had put 55STV one day unlimited to test it
Now someone needs to test it at location with tower at a distance . Here the tower is very near so ZTE doesn't have to make an effort
@cisco_tech I will test it at my West Bengal location after 10 odd days . In my other location tower not seen and is quite far , atleast 2/3 kms and on Sierra 95U i get 250KB download speed consistent in nights .

hey cisco bhai i am from rajkot can i know which modem you are using i have purchases haier e 18 and bsnl ruim from bsnl but i am not able to connecting to evdo in it i know is some prblem with meid regstration in bsnl these dumb guys dont know how to do it can you help me plsss

Hello Sunny Bhai . I am using Sprint Sierra Wireless 595U. Please mention the full Model number and specification of the Haier Modem.

cisco bhai its haier e 18 model name and its meid based not esn based with ruim supported so plssss help me with meid registration here they dont know in bsnl about meid registration

I dont think so you need to visit the exchange to register the MEID. because R-UIM has all the info on sim itself. it is all pre programmed. post the screenshot of dialer or what error are you getting when you try to connect ?

ok here are sanpshots

mr91.png

3q3o.png

eo1q.png

cvdm.png

c2fs.png

mqip.png

so it allowed me to connect in 1x mode but then alos just showing connected no data incoming and that eroor in evdo mode same like this one see this link so it seems i need to register meid with bsnl http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f803/bsnl-evdo-android-smartphone-success-1741143/

Last edited by a moderator:
if there is option to force EVDO mode try that. Sometimes if 1X signal is stronger some modems connect at 1X mode rather than EVDO mode.

Hello Sunny,
I had the same problem for my huwaei device EVDO-Rev B imported from china with Wi-Fi hot spot which doesn't works still now may be due to PRL settings as mentioned by cisco_tech. But luckily my HTC desire VC Android phone works ultimately. After disabling MEID authentication for my number in BSNL systems (ZTE). Exchange people added phone's MEID into their systems. But failed to authenticate, finally MEID was disabled for my number and internet started working, now i'm enjoying unlimited internet for past 1 year . Average speed was around 200 -250 KB/s per second, maximum 325 KB/s = 2.54 Mbps

Speak to exchange people and get it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
tried in evdo only mode also prakash bhai i am sure now it getting meid reg done with bsnl willl solve my prob
You can go to BSNL and ask where their EVDO center is. Then go and speak to someone in the EVDO center preferably the in-charge. They will configure the modem for you. If that is not possible, ask them to add your MEID to their system. Preferably take your laptop along so that you can test it right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back