BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kuduku According to @hA1d3R , his unlocked ZTE AC2766 does not work with his TP-Link MR3220. He has posted about this on the TP-Link forum too.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?73626-ZTE-AC2766-MTS-Unlocked-Not-Working-Need-Bin-File

Did you use the unlocked ZTE AC2766 that you bought off eBay from braham3997 with your MR3020? Is your MR3020 flashed with DD-WRT?
Their is some software programming required to be done with unlocking of ZTE AC2766 to work with BSNL EVDO . Only seller braham3997 is selling unlocked ZTE 2766 which works with BSNL EVDO when i had last check ebay .
I had purchased from seller after confirming that it works with EVDO then posted the link . I bought it for 700 bucks and see the price now . Supply and demand
I have another Buffalo dual band router with Shibby tomato and in that ZTE AC 2766 works fine . My MR 3020 is with original TP link firmware .
ZTE AC 2766 is supported with TP link as shown on TP link compatibility site . The moment RUIM is unlocked by users then the issues of not compatible have been reported .

Even my EC122 is only giving 1x only for BSNL. All these days, I thought my area was deprived of evdo signal. @kuduku Any chance I can get evdo working?

Their is some software programming required to be done with unlocking of ZTE AC2766 to work with BSNL EVDO . Only seller braham3997 is selling unlocked ZTE 2766 which works with BSNL EVDO when i had last check ebay .
I had purchased from seller after confirming that it works with EVDO then posted the link . I bought it for 700 bucks and see the price now . Supply and demand
I have another Buffalo dual band router with Shibby tomato and in that ZTE AC 2766 works fine . My MR 3020 is with original TP link firmware .
ZTE AC 2766 is supported with TP link as shown on TP link compatibility site . The moment RUIM is unlocked by users then the issues of not compatible have been reported .

So if I buy the ZTE from braham and TPLink I should be good to go. The price of the ZTE dongle is 1399 now. Also I wanted to ask, how are these dongles for 24x7 use.

Even my EC122 is only giving 1x only for BSNL. All these days, I thought my area was deprived of evdo signal. @kuduku Any chance I can get evdo working?
I really dont know :(:([DOUBLEPOST=1390975400][/DOUBLEPOST]
So if I buy the ZTE from braham and TPLink I should be good to go. The price of the ZTE dongle is 1399 now. Also I wanted to ask, how are these dongles for 24x7 use.
Email the seller and confirm that BSNL EVDO works . I cannot comment on 24*7 as not using it so .

@kuduku I contacted Braham for getting help with ec122 evdo unlock. He replied that no Huawei cdma modems supports bsnl evdo. He said the only way to get it working is via bsnl officers by updating the meid of ec122 with them. But for BSNL, we are dealing with esn instead of meid right?

EDIT: Anyway I also have a 598u, will try setting that up. I thought my area lacked evdo signal, so I didn't give it a try yet. Also can I get 598u working with that tp link router?

Last edited:
@kuduku I contacted Braham for getting help with ec122 evdo unlock. He replied that no Huawei cdma modems supports bsnl evdo. He said the only way to get it working is via bsnl officers by updating the meid of ec122 with them. But for BSNL, we are dealing with esn instead of meid right?

EDIT: Anyway I also have a 598u, will try setting that up. I thought my area lacked evdo signal, so I didn't give it a try yet. Also can I get 598u working with that tp link router?
TPLink/ DDWRT and 598U you will have to try . I dont have it so cannot comment

Can you tell me what is the meaning of the above line(in bold)?

Did you try using your unlocked AC2766 with your Tp-Link MR3020? (I bought my AC2766 unlocked modem from braham3997 only)
What is the model no of the Buffalo router?

Can you tell me what is the meaning of the above line(in bold)?

Did you try using your unlocked AC2766 with your Tp-Link MR3020? (I bought my AC2766 unlocked modem from braham3997 only)
What is the model no of the Buffalo router?
As i said all ebay sellers were not selling unlocked ZTE AC 2766 compatible with BSNL EVDO . This is a MTS branded modem and is compatible with TPlink as shown on TPlink website and I have personally tested it .
Now if some users have reported it is not compatible with MR3020 then there must be some issue with it after they have RUIM unlocked it . I dont know ........
My Router is Buffalo N600HD with dual usb ports
My RUIM unlocked ZTE AC2766 purchased from ebay ( link shared earlier ) is recognized and connects to internet using autodial settings in MR3020 original firmware and Belkin N600 HD on latest shibby tomato

Any West Bengal EVDO user can tell the username for roaming . Like XXXXXXXXXX@AAA??.IN
Whats the ?? for West Bengal region ?
EDIT .....Got it

Last edited:
Today compared 595U with Tplink MR3020 + ZTE 2766 modem . They was a major difference in speeds . In Sierra 595U I am getting above 300 KB download speeds whereas same signal strength same location ZTE AC2766 is barely touching 200KB . Both downloads using IDM and my VPS so no speed fluctuations due to load . 595U is giving consistently above 300KB . Both no external antenna connected . In 595U signal is -58dBm .
i was going to close my 595U postpaid connection thinking ZTE 2766 will give same speeds but hell NO now .

Didnot face any issues like modem not recongnized or not connecting in MR3020 with Zte AC 2766 in autodial 3G modem settings with original firmware . Connected in first time in auto dial settings

@kuduku are you sure you get 300KB/s speed on EVDO? I guess you are really close to the EVDO Tower and there are no other users using EVDO. Because I have never got speeds above around 1.6Mbps. Usually I get download speeds of around 100-150KB/s. I have RSSI of -65 and a ping of 100ms. Why I am surprised by the speeds is because they are too close to theoretically possible speeds. At 300KB/s it means you are getting full 2.4Mbps possible under "ideal" conditions but not heard of under regular usage. I am also not sure if BSNL has 3.1/1.8Mbps towers installed anywhere. They are usually capped at around 2.4/.2 (around the Rev.0 Range).

@cisco_tech I can definitely confirm that there are not many users in our area. I far fetched guess would be say 5-6 users. Why I can confirm that is because once they had only mentioned this that there are hardly any EVDO connections in my area. They also told me that ideally one can get around 1.5-2Mbps and if there are many users then the speed would drop to around 1Mbps. Hence if 300KB/s speed is a reality then it would be great.

@prakash14 I got 280-340 kB/s consistently for around 1 hr yesterday at night (11.30pm - 00:30 am today). I was downloading videos from youtube using IDM and got such speeds. But I do not get such speeds usually.
Most of the times, such high speed is seen only late at night(after 11pm).

I am using ZTE AC2766 with my laptop.

@kuduku Can you try using your ZTE modem directly with your laptop and see if the speed improves a bit?

Many possibilities.. network congestion, throttling at cdma backend.
Although I have been getting consistent 300-350 KB

How close are you from the tower? And what is the RSSI that you get? Because I have never got such high speeds on EVDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back