BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Sunny,
I had the same problem for my huwaei device EVDO-Rev B imported from china with Wi-Fi hot spot which doesn't works still now may be due to PRL settings as mentioned by cisco_tech. But luckily my HTC desire VC Android phone works ultimately. After disabling MEID authentication for my number in BSNL systems (ZTE). Exchange people added phone's MEID into their systems. But failed to authenticate, finally MEID was disabled for my number and internet started working, now i'm enjoying unlimited internet for past 1 year . Average speed was around 200 -250 KB/s per second, maximum 325 KB/s = 2.54 Mbps

Speak to exchange people and get it done.

since you are in bangalore, can you mention which exchange?

thank you for reply now i am sure i need meid reg or meid auth disable but thing is that here they even dont know what meid is lol they have not migrated to meid yet but during search about it i find tamilnagu circle employees website there they have put all info according to that meid migration happend since 2010 so i went today here exchange and show them that docs so now they said they will do something about it hope so they will do it soon[DOUBLEPOST=1392919034][/DOUBLEPOST]so basically it still ESN based system here they never upgraded to meid base so will u plss if it is possible make meid auth diable for my no from there? @tothetech it will be great help if it is possible

thank you for reply now i am sure i need meid reg or meid auth disable but thing is that here they even dont know what meid is lol they have not migrated to meid yet but during search about it i find tamilnagu circle employees website there they have put all info according to that meid migration happend since 2010 so i went today here exchange and show them that docs so now they said they will do something about it hope so they will do it soon[DOUBLEPOST=1392919034][/DOUBLEPOST]so basically it still ESN based system here they never upgraded to meid base so will u plss if it is possible make meid auth diable for my no from there? @tothetech it will be great help if it is possible
Each CDMA Device has a ESN too. So you can simply ask them to add your ESN against your number and your connection will start working

Each CDMA Device has a ESN too. So you can simply ask them to add your ESN against your number and your connection will start working

ESN is used in the older version of CDMA systems. @sunny8899 is having MEID based device, i would suggest to go exchange and ask them to disable ESN or MEID for your number it will be smoother :)

Yes if the ESN is not present then he could possibly use a converter to convert the MEID to ESN and then provide it to BSNL. I think BSNL still uses ESN and not MEID.

@tothetech thats the prob bhai i have visited to the head of cdma wll dep office they also have no clue and they asked to baroda exchange which is main server base there in gujarat they also have no clue thats why iam asking help from you[DOUBLEPOST=1393005706][/DOUBLEPOST]@prakash14 bhai bsnl have migrated to meid base since end of 2009 see this docs http://www.sneatn.com/files/Knowledge base/CDMA/MEID EUIMID Migration in CDMA network.pdf in this link[DOUBLEPOST=1393005785][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.sneatn.com/files/Knowledge base/CDMA/MEID_EUIMID_Migration_1.pdf[DOUBLEPOST=1393005916][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.sneatn.com/files/Knowledge base/CDMA/MEID_EUIMID_Migration_2.pdf

I will ask here locally with my contacts in Ahmadabad.
That's correct BSNL has migrated from ESN to meid system but I am still using esn based modem only with 8 digit telephone number.
Pm me your evdo number. I will check with exchange guy.

yeah @prakash14 i was also not aware since i had this prob so i can understand that[DOUBLEPOST=1393052718][/DOUBLEPOST]@cisco_tech bhai thanks for your concern[DOUBLEPOST=1393053043][/DOUBLEPOST]and its not like meid migration means esn will not work even i am usnig prithvi modem now is esn based meid migration means meid and esn both works[DOUBLEPOST=1393067123][/DOUBLEPOST]@tothetech i have tried in whole guj no luck so plsss you help me

Last edited:
@sunny8899 im from Amdavad. will check and get back if someone knows about it. actually you can contact your local EVDO exchange and ask them about Vadodara contact centre details. The main EVDO hub for Gujarat is in Vadodara and they have all the information.

ohhh @prakash14 then no need @cisco_tech already done that so no luck from there anyways thanks for help i thaought you are out from guj thats why asked[DOUBLEPOST=1393222142][/DOUBLEPOST]already done talk to vadodra @prakash14 they also have no clue so basically in gujarat they dont know need to find out of guj spclly blore as @tothetech already done it so all hopes on him hope he will come ol soon and i can ask him about cntct details of them now then

@prakash14 thats nice idea but i kept it as last option i dont want to change programming in modem till it needed its crystal celar that its just 5 secs work so i dont want to make it like that but thats nice idea i will try it at last if it possible[DOUBLEPOST=1393223998][/DOUBLEPOST]@prakash14 but as far as i searched its mostly converter to esn to meid not meid to esn i guess as already mentioned in bsnl letter esn is exhausted and no more avaiable thats why they need to migrate to meid so my plan is i have prithvi modem that has esn so last option will be i will earse meid of that haier modem and write esn fo that prithvi modem to haier modem so lets see i hope i dont need to do that and meid disable will be done soon

@sunny8899 - one final option with you would be to disable MEID authentication on your modem by programming it and that would automatically enable the ESN based authentication. No experience on doing such things, but that might be a possibility.

hmmmm anyone there can help me plss ask your cities bsnl wxchange avout getting meid auth disable plss out of guj spclly bcoz in guj they have no diea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back