BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either it maybe from Zone or particularly from my tower. I don't know about that but my speed these went below as low as 40kBps during youtube video play(earlier it was above 100kBps) and downloads in IDM to 150kBps from 350kBps.
@funky_ace, check EVDO speed before buying as it depends upon place to place.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Sierra 595U stopped working. I hadn't used it for few weeks and today when I connected it, it wasn't powering on. No LEDs. :(

So I opened it and found that there is some damage to the PCB. Not sure how it happened. Seems like it was due to over heating. :confused:

Check the pics. There is a detachable module (mini PCI?), not sure whether we can attach it to a laptop. Any ideas?

So I bought a like-new 595U from Amazon and just swapped the mini PCIe module and the modem is back up and running. I could have just programmed the new device as it is, but then I didn't have the ESN and other details as I lost the RUIM ;) :p

Hi plz someone solve my problem ::
I’m from Jamshedpur,Jharkhand. I just bought a new EVDO connection on 22-March-2013. And my connection got activated on 23-March. Till then I’ve been getting around 2-3 EVDO signal. I was very satisfied as There is no network-disconnecting issues as in GSM 3G.

Also I am getting nearly 70-150 kbps download speed. Also during night time 150-210 kbps at 2:00 AM. I am using ZTE ac8700 model, as the BSNL-Guy given me by saying: “Yeh sabse Best modem hai, aur iska external antenna Ke through tum low signal me bhi fast internet use kar sakte ho..”.

But after getting through this forum, I came to know that i have wasted my 1200 Rs. on such an OLD Device.

Today after a very small Rain, my EVDO signal level has gone so down that after experimenting in all corners of my house i’m able to get some 0-1% signal.
You can see my current EVDO signal from the given screen-shot :
image.png

>>> I am just trying to get the RSSI reading through AxesstelPst, but it doesn’t showing any thing ::

rssi.jpg

>>> I am very tense as : “What happens when the Real Monsoon Season arises ?” I have to totally depend upon the 1X Network...[DOUBLEPOST=1364619385][/DOUBLEPOST]Today I bought Sprint Sierra 598U modem from EBAY.COM ... Hoping to catch more signal than compared to my AC8700 modem..

I think @hayabusa_ryu will help me in configuring this modem... as he already own that.

@Nilesh Singh As far as I am aware the AC8700 is a Rev.0 modem so even though its a great modem overall performance would be poor as it supports only 2.4m down and 156k up. Good to know u have bought the 598U. I too have made a purchase and its on its way :) Hope someone helps in configuring the modem for BSNL

@Nilesh Singh: Is there any chance of replacement of AC8700 now? It looks they are just clearing their stock.

Btw, your AxesstelPst result is not showing any Rssi or Neighbor Pilot Value. Is it always like this?

@Nilesh Singh: Is there any chance of replacement of AC8700 now? It looks they are just clearing their stock.

Btw, your AxesstelPst result is not showing any Rssi or Neighbor Pilot Value. Is it always like this?

@funky_ace :: Yes AxesstelPst always doesn't show any RSSI and other values, because of the cheap quality of hardware used in AC8700.

I think BSNL is buying this type of shits from ALIBABA at Rs. 55-500/piece at a Bulk deal.

check this out : http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/309354729/ZTEMT_EVDO_MG478_AC8700.html

After seeing this link, you will understand How much they are earning from us !!

@Nilesh Singh - I dont think BSNL earns a lot out of it. When I had checked out with one of the sellers on that site - I was quoted a rate of $30-90 if I buy minimum 100 pieces for different modems that I checked. It all depends on the volumes may be you could find a cheaper modem but many a times modems are subsidized so that the initial cost is substantially reduced. Further this a Rev.0 modem as I mentioned earlier so no use buying it.

Want a EVDO modem which has RUIM slot. If it is carrier specific, then it should be unlocked or can be unlocked...
PM me ur offers...

@hayabusa_ryu @kuduku @cisco_tech @Dushie
Help Needed! Finally, after reading through the entire thread decided to buy a brand new 598U which just arrived.
I read the post
http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/evdo-users-need-some-info.112713/page-26#post-1727238
and
still not able to understand the whole thing.
http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/evdo-users-need-some-info.112713/page-24#post-1721505

I downloaded the entire list of files as suggested here
http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/evdo-users-need-some-info.112713/page-10#post-1654021

Now there is a step which says PCH SCH A & B read from RUIM/ZTE or ask BSNL office

I currently have the Prithvi Modem and when I insert and try to read via DFS it simply says searching and does nothing. I am unable to read any data from the modem.

Kindly help me configuring the modem and making it work with BSNL. Thank you for the help in advance.

i still havent configured my 595u bought a few months back! out of curiosity, how are the speeds in bangalore and can anyone in BLR help me configure this device?
thanks!

both of you send me PM with you email IDs. i will send you guys screenshot of all the settings which i took while I and @kuduku configured my 595.
Or
@prtk if you are not able to read your prithvi from DFS. make sure you select proper port while you try to read in DFS. most of the settings should be same as it is all india device.

@cisco_tech thanks for getting back so fast and promptly replying to my PM. Will await details and hopefully should be able to configure the modem! For some reason when I connect Prithvi to DFS I selected both the ports available but could not connect. So hopefully your screenshots will help. Thanks

@prtk : You need to select the diagnostic interface/port in DFS. There may be multiple interfaces/ports for the same modem.

@prtk : You need to select the diagnostic interface/port in DFS. There may be multiple interfaces/ports for the same modem.
Yes I am aware of that I checked the AT port as well as Voice Port and it says searching device once connected and does nothing.[DOUBLEPOST=1365662501][/DOUBLEPOST]@cisco_tech I updated all settings as per screen. Where can I get the PRL file? Remaining settings I added. When I click on Connect (using dial up dialer) it says invalid user/password and disconnects. Any ideas?

@prtk good. whats your location ? citywise PRL are different but you can load all India PRL.I have only local Ahmadabad PRL.
make sure you have entered username and pass properly i have mentioned it in email as well because mine is old connection so it is on 8 digit based. my username doesn't end up with @AAAND.in

@cisco_tech. I added the All India PRL file and also rechecked the username / password. On the new connections they are giving a 10 digit mobile number starting 9 so for username / password I added like 9XXXXXXXXX@aaand.in and password as 9XXXXXXXXX. Is that right?

Similar would be the case for MIN A and MIN D are your tele number with STD CODE

Now its a 10 digit number so if I add STD code before number - the number would be 12 digits - hence I added the first 3 digits and then next 7 digits. or do I need to add STD code and then remaining digits?

I am not able to connect via watcher. It says initializing > then shows the EVDO A > -60 to -70 db and then says connecting and does nothing after that. After a few minutes it simply says searching and then the db changes to -125.

I created a new dial up connection and it begins connection then verifies username password and after a minute or so gives error

Disconnected
Error 628. The connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed.

Any help? Thanks

@cisco_tech. I added the All India PRL file and also rechecked the username / password. On the new connections they are giving a 10 digit mobile number starting 9 so for username / password I added like 9XXXXXXXXX@aaand.in and password as 9XXXXXXXXX. Is that right?

Similar would be the case for MIN A and MIN D are your tele number with STD CODE

Now its a 10 digit number so if I add STD code before number - the number would be 12 digits - hence I added the first 3 digits and then next 7 digits. or do I need to add STD code and then remaining digits?

I am not able to connect via watcher. It says initializing > then shows the EVDO A > -60 to -70 db and then says connecting and does nothing after that. After a few minutes it simply says searching and then the db changes to -125.

I created a new dial up connection and it begins connection then verifies username password and after a minute or so gives error

Any help? Thanks

For the new 10 digit numbers, you don't need to use the STD code anywhere.

Are you sure you have sufficient balance and the plan is activated? Which city are you from?

For the new 10 digit numbers, you don't need to use the STD code anywhere.

Are you sure you have sufficient balance and the plan is activated? Which city are you from?
Yes I have used the new 10 digit numbers like I mentioned in my configuration. 9XXXXXXXXX@aaand.in

Yes I do have sufficient balance. Actually prepaid connection unlimited - paid up to June 2013.

Yes I have used the new 10 digit numbers like I mentioned in my configuration. 9XXXXXXXXX@aaand.in

Yes I do have sufficient balance. Actually prepaid connection unlimited - paid up to June 2013.

If you are from the South Zone, you can use this URL to check the plan details etc -- http://genext.bsnl.co.in/cdmaprepaid/index.php

Anyway I guess you have it configured wrong. The 10 digit number you have to configure is NOT your mobile number, its the last 10 digits of your RUIM number. Even the username you use to login should be this 10 digit number.

Error 628. I think something might be wrong at BSNL's end. as rest of the config looks fine. ask them up if any issue particularly at your BTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back