Bsnl speeds increased again! ?

Its not at all official . Who said its official ? Provide the link and pics for proof . BSNL is just fiddling with our minds to move over to FUP'ed plans . I think just because India doesn't have any piracy laws Bollywood and Music industries are bribing ISP's to use FUP to stop the rampage of downloading pirated stuffs . Though this is not fully functional but its enough for people who download 24x7 . Currently the best plan is to shift over to Home 500

http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB/BB_home_only_unlim.htm

http://karnataka.bsnl.co.in/

No where it states the speed upgrade has been implemented . BSNL is just giving us the speed drug .

^Its official but why is it not posted in the plans refreshment in the bsnl respective sites ? I am very much doubting there's gonna be FUP attached coz look at the plans originally on BSNL , after 8gb 512kbps users of BB Home Combo ULF 900 will be shifted to 256 kbps . If my hunch is right some FUP will be implemented on BSNL UL 750 too . BSNL WTF guyz , why don't you think of Home UL 1350 customers ? Why do we pay 600 bucks extra a month for same speed as UL 750 and then we will be FUP'ed later on

@ Murali - Thnx bro

i spoke to a customer care executive and this is what she had to say:
ul 625---256 kbps
ul 750---512 kbps
ul 1350---2mbps

sounds too good to be true,right?

tufel said:
ul 625---256 kbps
ul 750---512 kbps
ul 1350---2mbps

:eek:hyeah:

I already got my plan changed to FGN600 combo one for this month and if this is indeed true and there is no FUP crap, its gonna be 1350 plan from next month. :)

tufel said:

ul 625---256 kbps

ul 750---512 kbps

ul 1350---2mbps

Its all true . I heard the same thing from our COmmercial officer here and SDO here . But they mentioned that all of them except 256kbps plans will have FUP aka data cap of some GB from the next month or so . SO guys be aware and real cautious of changing your plans to UL750 and UL1350 . I myself have applied for change in plan to Home 500

jampack said:
:eek:hyeah:

I already got my plan changed to FGN600 combo one for this month and if this is indeed true and there is no FUP crap, its gonna be 1350 plan from next month. :)
Are u crazy bro ? How can a 256kbps plan be 1mbps plan ? I don't get your twisted logic

Anubis said:
Are u crazy bro ? How can a 256kbps plan be 1mbps plan ? I don't get your twisted logic
anubis, brother, what he is saying is that he is gonna shift to 1350 plan which supposedly will be 1 MbPS

BTW i think BSNL is ****ing with us :x

i'm on 1350ul. if the get a datacap on the ul then i will keep the connection on as long as possible and never pay them a dime. after a couple of months they'll come begging with the reconnection mela carnival.

Anubis said:
Its all true . I heard the same thing from our COmmercial officer here and SDO here . But they mentioned that all of them except 256kbps plans will have FUP aka data cap of some GB from the next month or so . SO guys be aware and real cautious of changing your plans to UL750 and UL1350 . I myself have applied for change in plan to Home 500
r u sure of the fup thing? if true then i promise to myslef i am gonna pull the plug on bsnl.

^ yeah me 2...if fup is implemented for these plans then iam gonna shift 2 other service..there are many in our area who are providing good speeds with reasonable rates.....

Aman27deep said:
Kickass upload dude, what area are u from?

Where are you from?? As said by Anubis already, I'm live near Malancha Cinema Hall.

@Anubis As you're saying they will introduce FUP from next month so is it like that after the FUP we'll be backed to 256kbps or will be charged after the FUP??

tufel said:

ul 625---256 kbps

ul 750---512 kbps

ul 1350---2mbps

ul 1350---2mbps

i got this ul 1350 plan but still the speed is 512kbps:( any suggestion what to do?

krishnandu said:
Where are you from?? As said by Anubis already, I'm live near Malancha Cinema Hall.

@Anubis As you're saying they will introduce FUP from next month so is it like that after the FUP we'll be backed to 256kbps or will be charged after the FUP??
From what I heard the UL 750 which is 512kbps now will start FUP 2 or 3 months later . Like its contemporary Home UL900 which is 512kbps till 8gb and 256kbps beyond it , after you cross the FUP , from what i heard , speeds will be capped at 256kbps for Home UL 750 customers. But as of now the implementation of FUP on HOME UL 750 will take time because BSNL will first attract new customers with this low rate and then introduce it suddenly like today without prior notice . For the existing Home UL 1350 users like me ( but for only this month , coz I am shifting over to HOme 500 next month ) they are simply making a BAKRA out of them. I mean 15 GB is the height man . It will be easily downloaded in 19-22hrs i.e not even 1 full day of 2mbps unlimited connection

Paying 600 bucks extra just for 15GB is useless . I feel HOme UL 1350 is totally useless now like the other FUP'ed plans BSNL introduced a couple of months ago.

Oh yeah there's also 1 more thing which I fear . Whenever the Home 500 will be deprived of night unlimited from 2-8am everyday , its the time BSNL will break down and loyal BSNL customers like us will be forced to move to local cablewallahs . At least local cablewallahs don't impose FUP on unlimited plans . Moreover they give 1 mbps @ 1k which is quite reasonable to BSNL HOME UL 1350 512kbps

But I heard that 512kbps will remain for BSNL Home UL 750 and 750+ and there will be no change in plan name. Can't say about other UL plans.

I just hope they keep this 512kbps permanent and don't introduce FUP. :)

If BSNL did take away free night downloading of 2-8a.m., people who live in small towns like me would be doomed. We have nothing but BSNL in our area.

Back