Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Discussion Thread

Lets see if they make the engine modern. IMO after playing COD Black Ops multiplayer, I felt I was playing a 5 year old game, muddy textures and all the yuck included.

hector19 said:
sAME lAME eNGINE ePHIC pHAIL :(
And if they were to create the game with an advanced engine and if your system couldn't handle it, it would still be treated as 'ePHIC pHAIL' as you have put it so eloquently. What is the point?

graphics look yuck .but the gameplay looks sexy. I bet it wont be an "epic" phail because of two reasons:

1.People still have and treasure their "5" year old PC's

2.COD gameplay is f'king epic.

^Are you for real? Which part of those graphics looked "yuck" to you? :s

And for all those who were whining and b1tching about MW3, the reveal trailer ought to shut them up. Just view the freaking reveal trailer in HD and tell me that its not all soughts of awesome? Do you guys even realize what kind of production cost would have went into creating those setpeices? This is "the" most EPIC trailer of a war game I have ever seen, if that didn't excite you, you should probably just quit gaming altogether. A bunch of BF fanbois we have on this board. :| Seriously, please learn to appreciate quality stuff, you are making yourself look like an idiot calling that trailer "LAME".

@Gannu : We ought to have some kind of quality control for the posts in gaming section mate. We don't wanna turn this into a fanboi infested forum. There should not be any place for stupid posts. Period. They are not expressing their opinion, they are just trolling which in my books is intolerable. :| I have had enough of the "EPIC PHAIL" posts.

^ hold on.. I agree part of your post but then. its at people's discreation to accept or reject the games... You might be an COD addict but I saw many people who didnt like the story line/parts gettting boring and are serious gamers. So
bunch of BF fanbois we have on this board. Seriously, please learn to appreciate quality stuff, you are making yourself look like an idiot calling that trailer "LAME". does not make any sense IMHO

I guess gameplay wise, it doesn't get better than COD.

Other wannabe shooters like BF3 and party may have better engine, gfx and all but COD is what gets you high.

As for the graphics and engine, etc just look at Valve.

It has been making one critically acclaimed game after another with the same old engine.

Only bad thing about COD is the pathetic pricing which will either force me to buy BF3 or wait for price reduction.

Bluffmaster said:
^Are you for real? Which part of those graphics looked "yuck" to you? :s
COMPARe.

As it is COD runs on sub 720p on the PS3. If they use a new engine i am sure they'll have to run it in 480P :p

And that's why i will spend my money on BF3 and not MW3 :D

(But i have no doubt that MW3 will have an awesome SP campaign, sadly no support for MP gamers in India makes me wanna hate it).

urssriks said:
^ hold on.. I agree part of your post but then. its at people's discreation to accept or reject the games... You might be an COD addict but I saw many people who didnt like the story line/parts gettting boring and are serious gamers. So

bunch of BF fanbois we have on this board. Seriously, please learn to appreciate quality stuff, you are making yourself look like an idiot calling that trailer "LAME". does not make any sense IMHO
It does make sense when you try to judge an un-released game based on a trailer. And I respect everyone's opinion but only if it makes sense or adds something to the thread. Posts like "ePHIC pHAIL" based on a trailer which was actually quite good just amounts to trolling in my books.

As it is COD runs on sub 720p on the PS3. If they use a new engine i am sure they'll have to run it in 480P

no no dont underestimate them, they will find somewhere else to compromise on

note: performance nearly doubled on the same hardware between COD MW2 and COD Black Ops.

Aman27deep said:
COMPARe.

As it is COD runs on sub 720p on the PS3. If they use a new engine i am sure they'll have to run it in 480P :p

And that's why i will spend my money on BF3 and not MW3 :D

(But i have no doubt that MW3 will have an awesome SP campaign, sadly no support for MP gamers in India makes me wanna hate it).
And why should I compare? I never said the graphics were better than B3, did I? But for whatever its worth, they are not "yuck" as the above poster put it. Also how well do you think B3 is optimized for the PC? I would anyday take MW3 which would run on everyone's PC when released than take "Crysis in making" B3 which would take next gen cards to enjoy on full settings.

[mod]If this is again turning into a BF vs COD war, any such posts hereafter will attract direct infractions! Fanboism will not be tolerated![/mod]

Bluffmaster said:
@Gannu : We ought to have some kind of quality control for the posts in gaming section mate. We don't wanna turn this into a fanboi infested forum. There should not be any place for stupid posts. Period. They are not expressing their opinion, they are just trolling which in my books is intolerable. :| I have had enough of the "EPIC PHAIL" posts.
Quality Control - ouch! :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I've got to agree to this:

Bluffmaster said:
I would anyday take MW3 which would run on everyone's PC when released than take "Crysis in making" B3 which would take next gen cards to enjoy on full settings.
Aman, do you think folks keep upgrading their GPUs every now and then? BF 3 requires a DX 10/11 card and I bet when the official system requirements are out, it would be much higher than what would be required by MW 3. What do you think of that?

Any news if this is gonna have dedicated servers?

Off topic, I think we should have a MW vs BF sticky. You know, let people "express" themselves :)

Gannu said:
Aman, do you think folks keep upgrading their GPUs every now and then? BF 3 requires a DX 10/11 card and I bet when the official system requirements are out, it would be much higher than what would be required by MW 3. What do you think of that?
I do not think much about that, cause most of my friends atleast have a decent DX 10 card. And i am not saying anything in anyone's favour. COD needs to improve its gfx. Same engine, same old gfx used in MW1, WaW, MW2, BO and now MW3. Look at its competitor BattleField. Frostbite 1 in BC1, 1.5 in BC2, and now it'll be the super awesome 2 in BF3.

The only reason COD is not using a new engine cause then it'll not run @ 60fps on the consoles. But being honest i would have a super awesome looking game @ 30 fps than a dated 60 fps game.

I have no doubt about the credibility of COD, it'll be a very good game, and i know it. Infact i wanted to even buy Black Ops, and would have certainly bought it if it had costed 999.

I'll give you some noob points.

For -

Gameplay is amazing.

MP is REALLY fun.

A game that doesn't require a lot of learning.

Against -

Activision hates Asian gamers. (there are no dedicated servers in asia except Japan and Russia)

PC COD games haven't released in India after WaW.

No mod support.

So those points conclude to me that it is a SP game for me, as i won't be able to play the MP anyway.

Now on the other hand, BF series is amazing (except the SP, it has no comparison to MW2). If its only drawback is its high GFX requirements then i have no more to say. Play BC2 online dude, you would understand what i mean :D

(PS - I still am a SP COD fanboi, and a MP fanboi of Battlefield).

Back