Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Discussion Thread

actually multiplayer wise also cod is awesome.But it lacks due to more camping spots and servers filled with more immature players.

This will be one memorable game for me.BF3 failed for me becoz i had very high expectations from it,largely due to all the hype.For COD,i would say i knew this was coming.Its nothing new they did,just like Sachin tendulkar.Who comes and hits 100`s after 100`s.

Wow am i the only one who that the trailer was shit or is that how it intended to be? Sam worthington and jonah hill really hammed it up for this one :p

but seriously COD MW3 looks like the kinda game where 15year old with trash mouth plays.for me BF3 is where its at :p i have never played such a team oriented game after TF2 . MW3 with all those perks and kill streak rewards just seems too arcadish for me. and also it costs 3K :S twice the money which i paid for BF3

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@chirag

dude how long is the SP is it more than 6 hours atleast this time around?

Bro, I havent played MW3 even for 15mins :) cant comment on the hours of gameplay... I am loving BF3 MP only... Nothing else will stand above it... Priority set only and only for BF3, even forgot to play my all time fav FIFA since BF3 has launched.... But many reviews say that MW3 has got 5 hrs of gameplay, but the campaign is kick- ....

w00t cant wait to get my hands on it :D SP campaign has allways been the only strong point of COD games but the recent games have been labelled as standard scripted affairs :p.5 hrs gameplay :( thats sad .i bet the set pieces are awesome.

So who do you think is gonna come out with the first MW3 review ?

Most of the games have their reviews out well before the game hits stores but not a review to be seen yet for MW3 and there's hardly any time left.

I guess most of the sites have 2-3 versions of the review and will collectively unleash a general opinion to avoid a flame war from the 10 million plus fanboys.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review | Pixel Apocalypse

It's already 8th November on the eastern side of the globe and one review has turned up - Modern Warfare 3 Review « Aussie-Gamer.com

This game is actually on par or better than what Modern Warfare 2 offered, with a Multiplayer that now fixes the main problems the other CoD games had, namely the inability of newer players to gain killstreaks, as well as having a actual use for the prestiges. It opens its audience to a more casual crowd and somewhat works, although deepdown it is still the same game yet again.

First few minutes of gameplay - MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!

[youtube]zajbTaauvV0[/youtube]

EDIT: For those who cannot resist, watch it before Activision takes it down! Another one is gone already. :p

Thanks gannu it felt like as though i finished chapter 1 without even playing the game :p

You know infinity ward and DICE should Pair up and make a kick ass War simulator using the Frost Bite 2 engine or port COD MW 3 to DICE's engine now that would really kick ass

Before the first 15 minutes of gameplay video was posted:

ubergeek said:
but seriously COD MW3 looks like the kinda game where 15year old with trash mouth plays.for me BF3 is where its at :p

After the video was posted:

ubergeek said:
You know infinity ward and DICE should Pair up and make a kick ass War simulator using the Frost Bite 2 engine or port COD MW 3 to DICE's engine now that would really kick ass

Now now now, you are slowly venturing into our base! Shoo! :p

MW3 anti-fanboi turned fanboi alert!

J/k..

In other news, another review pops up from the lesser known sites! A 5 on 5 by AATG.

He meant just for storyline bring in IW, rest everything will be handled by DICE :p

But TBH, it still looks like the same COD series, nothings different, only thing which can receive a 9.5 is SP coz of its storyline
Gannu said:
Before the first 15 minutes of gameplay video was posted:

After the video was posted:

Now now now, you are slowly venturing into our base! Shoo! :p

MW3 anti-fanboi turned fanboi alert!

J/k..

In other news, another review pops up from the lesser known sites! A 5 on 5 by AATG.

Going to the midnight MW3 launch :D So many good games releasing weeks from each other, I'm buying no game in December and first half of 2012 :p

Params7 said:
Going to the midnight MW3 launch :D

Awesome man! Good luck and have fun. :)

We wish we had more of those midnight launch parties here in India. I think Intencity, Pune held one for KZ3 last time. More stores should bring about this event. But yeah the headcount would be fairly low for such an event to happen in every other city in the country.

Snaps of a midnight launch party that happened in Australia can be found here - Gamer stampede as Modern Warfare 3 set to smash records

Telegraph UK's review is up. Gives it a 5/5. BF3 received a 4/5. :p

The plot serves as a showcase for the spectacular setpieces, the excellent weapon balance, but also the futility of war. There are brief moments of reflection, the sense of loss and rage and futility conveyed surprisingly well for a game which is all about shooting people in the face. It doesn't hide the fact that in this context, it's making wargames fun, but never tries to glorify this either. The goal here seems not to shock but to impress, but the game isn't afraid to take the occasional time out to remind you that yes, war isn't very nice.

It's comfortably the best Call of Duty campaign yet, with consistent high points and none of the lows that have occasionally punctuated past games. And despite the quickfire nature of its scene or setpiece changes, it's around 8 hours long, the ideal length for a shooter of this ilk. Any Call of Duty developer has always had to tread a fine line to achieve the right balance, but here Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer walk this line with confidence, never faltering or putting a foot wrong. It's a remarkable balancing act, and one I can't praise enough.

Spec-ops mode returns! I really really wish the Juggernaut is back! :eek:hyeah:

Back