Champions League no more...

Darthcoder said:
Look at my posts, do I sound excited? (Despite the names I was called by that guy).

Scraped? We are top of the group!! :p

Kidding mate, top of the table by chance.

Btw, I am back to Chennai, too bad couldnt meet up with you in Hyd!

It's really tough to be a ManU fan right now.However i don't understand why do people have to go around rubbing salt in the wounds.

I know it's not a perfect world, but aren't winners supposed to bw humble. I mean isn't this what playing sports always meant about. To be humble in victory. I would have understood if the thread had been started by an FC Basel fan. But apparently it seems you are not deemed to be a fan if you don't sling mud when one of your competitors looses.

Since when has becoming a fan gone from wanting one's team to win to celebrating other teams losses.

I hardly ever feel the need to come to the rescue of ManU( if we can call it that) in threads like these. The only thing i despise is the mudslinging or the apparent happiness at somone's elses loss.

BTW great performance by Chelsea in their final group game. Loved to see Drogba's return to form.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

Football is all about the banter mate, its makes it more fun ! You got to learn how to take it and dish them out too lol

rdst_1 said:
It's really tough to be a ManU fan right now.However i don't understand why do people have to go around rubbing salt in the wounds.

I know it's not a perfect world, but aren't winners supposed to bw humble. I mean isn't this what playing sports always meant about. To be humble in victory. I would have understood if the thread had been started by an FC Basel fan. But apparently it seems you are not deemed to be a fan if you don't sling mud when one of your competitors looses.

Since when has becoming a fan gone from wanting one's team to win to celebrating other teams losses.

I hardly ever feel the need to come to the rescue of ManU( if we can call it that) in threads like these. The only thing i despise is the mudslinging or the apparent happiness at somone's elses loss.

BTW great performance by Chelsea in their final group game. Loved to see Drogba's return to form.

rdst_1 said:

If only some other Man Utd fans understood this *cough* *cough*

rdst_1 said:

But don't tell me you did not see this day coming, last year's woeful final should have brought about some changes. Maybe now we'll see common sense prevail.

After reading a couple of articles, it seems that might not happen.
After all this, it doesn't look like the alarm bells are ringing in Fergie's head.
But then looks are deceptive and I hope the flare comes back ASAP because I miss it :(

Henry really deserved a statue, we miss him & highbury.
But anyway entry to knockout stages of cl has made critics spellbound.
But still manchester is the home of
Wait for it....
Wait for it....

EUROPA league......
:-D :-D

mjumrani said:
Hi Mods

I have a sincere request. I do not know if you will agree or understand or do anything about this, but i have to try.

I am a very religious supporter of Manchester United and as you would know, we just got knocked out of the champions league and already a thread has come up regarding that.
Same thing happened when Arsenal lost to United.
I do not know about other football supporters on the forum, though there would not be many, but, I am very attached to the club and the game.

At this time when I am hurt and angry in the truest sense of the words, I really do not appreciate any member posting things which try and rub salt in my wounds, which if would have happened in person would result in a very big brawl.

I understand the sanctity of this forum thus I have refrained from replying to people's threads and posts which I do not find appropriate at this time.

I would really appreciate if these things are not allowed anymore.
I do not want the member(s) to get an infractions or anything, I just want them to know that please be mindful of some people's feelings while posting things and not just start a rant which sparks a word war.

Thats it.

qld4Q.jpg

Eboue = mjumrani

Horseface-nistelrooy, Wooney, Giggs and Park = rival fans

Back