Console Gaming Vs Pc Gaming : Round 2 !

Same crap refreshed Funky. I've only made personal attacks on those who for no reason have made a personal attack on us out of frustration. If it matters, i've already apologized to Rahul via pm for getting on at him for no reason.

And i won't stop, won't stop making personal remarks on others if they first do it on me.

I saw this coming before anyone else on TE -

great, now we have a seperate thread when i though of ending the argument.

Believe me Blade, this is going to grow into TE's biggest flamewar.

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/the-pc-vs-consoles-debate-18066.html?highlight=consoles

Post no.14, the first PCvsConsoles. It should have been shut right there, i knew for the fact that i was outnumbered, there were many techies in TE with their fav high end gfx cards and somehow i knew i was going to get in one nasty flame war for the first time with all other TE'ians, but i wasn't going to back down until they stop posting false facts, and i won't still, period. And i will and have respected and agree'd with PC's points as well, period that too.

Oh i am aware of that. you wanted this thread for your amusement. I know that. Blade was forced to open this bcoz of your crapping in other threads. Nothing more. And you can go on. I have all the time in world.

Reopening the thread on user request and also the new consoles are out...

So don't let it get out of hands this time around :|...

Thanx a Million ...Switch :D

@others : Plz Keep the discussion Clean nd Civilised :) ! Actually now we can have the Real discussion as the next Gen consoles r Kicking a$$ atm :D....So lets have a clean nd Healthy Debate :)

@Demon : Arre Kya yaar ? Have some God damm Spirit , now with the release of the new consoles we can definately have this Debate ! We had some really good time in this thread !Inthis thread ...... I Laughed , insulted , got insulted , got angry , Felt proud .....in short had the best Timepass one can get on a forum :eek:hyeah: Just want ur support Bro ! :)

I remember posting in the first PC vs Console thread's first page how it would grow into TE's biggest flamewar.

How true I really was....

Though its better if we see each platform clean instead of trying to find nitpicks. Though, its going to be hard for the PC gaming market to hold on to the next-gen console heat. If ps2 alone could do damage, anything can happen from now.

IMHO everything that has to be said has been said. The PC and console both have their advantages and disadvantages...Can't we just leave it at that? Anyway I cant stop anyone from posting here,so...I'm,uhh,just gonna take the backseat for this lil' bout.

Someone include handheld gaming in that poll :bleh:

(Java games on phones/NES simulators on symbian or maybe the PSP too)

If nothing else, at least 1 vote will come for it!) :p

Switch said:
Superczar i am with you... Tetris and Snake Pwns all

Oh Yeah.. I remember spending hours and hours on my old trusty 3310 playing snake.. Crap, I cant remember my top score !! It was into the 3000's i think.

great timing to reopen this thread. i'm actually a classic console gamer who grew up playing great consoles like NES, SNES and Mega Drives. after that i switched to a PC and until now i felt that the PC had a lot more to offer in terms of customization, availability and most importantly... multiplayer. thank god, there's the one and only Nintendo who actually have the sense to try and make consoles fun again instead of going gfx gfx gfx like 2 other companies we all know about. now there's actually something unique about console gaming which i won't have on a PC for a long time. i know i'll be buying a Wii for sure.

ok guys...for the graphics part PC is better than any console...(if money is not an issue)...even u can get controllers for the PC ..to get that console effect...

but the most important thing i would like to know is ..the 8800gtx which competes with the next-gen consoles like PS3,x360 etc. does provide awesome ...gfx..and also supports High definition (since it supports HDMI )..also good LCD monitors with HD support are available from companies like DELL,Viewsonic..etc. to get that large screen gaming effect. of consoles.

but the question that is bothering me now..is if i have a 8800gtx or any gfx card supporting HD..and i have a big LCD monitor supporting HD ..will all games give output in High definition or will there be special games released later supporting HD ..in short is the HD output depended on the coding of the games too (i think the answer may be yes)...

i was askin this cauz ..if we can HD output for all pc games considering we have the required hardware...IMO-we can get a lot better experience than the consoles (again removing cost barrier),or atleast PC gaming will be par with consoles. if there is HD support cauz i think thts the only thing that PC gaming lacks as of now..

saumilsingh said:
Eh? All pc games have been HD since 1997 :p

:ashamed::ashamed:HMM.. I never knew that...but my question was..havin all HD supporting hardware for PC . we can play games in HD right regardless of the game u play..means 3d games..?..so u r answer is yes..?

Ck Nish said:
I like both. I have plenty of love to go around.

same here love both of them...PC cauz..thts what i have and consoles cauz thts what my rich frnd ..has who always invites me to play games at his place..gonna try the PS3...in just another 2-3 days...:hap2::hap2:

faheem_m said:
:ashamed::ashamed:HMM.. I never knew that...but my question was..havin all HD supporting hardware for PC . we can play games in HD right regardless of the game u play..means 3d games..?..so u r answer is yes..?

what he meant to say is PC users are playing at higher than HD resolutions for ages now. HD is all about resolution.
1080 = 1920x1080
We have had this resolution for quiet a while in pcs.

Funky said:
what he meant to say is PC users are playing at higher than HD resolutions for ages now. HD is all about resolution.

1080 = 1920x1080

We have had this resolution for quiet a while in pcs.

:S:S but i am asking about high definition video quality for the games in the above question..please tell me according to high definition video quality.i am eager to know. as i like the superior video quality of x360/ps3.

Back