Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Also, the people are more responsible for this mess as well. In my village, there are multiple cases of Corona but people will still not wear masks or stop socializing. I have to fight people everyday in the market because they won't maintain the required distance or wear masks properly. The people are at the vaccination centres in droves sticking to each other like they used to for railway tickets. There is no civic sense, no morals, no ethics in the common man in India and that is why this is happening to them.
This. I also believe that people themselves are more responsible for this level spread of covid. Govt can't force them to follow protocols, not every time when there's a chance of spread. I understand literacy also plays some role here when people are required to believe in scientific logics, but I've seen many literate people in my neighborhood who say that they still don't believe in covid, I mean c'mon, don't you see people are dying around you.
Also seen many 45+ people now rushing to vaccination centers after witnessing death in close relations. These are the same people who were denying existence of covid just a few days ago. If nothing, at least people will learn to trust in public warnings and emergency situations and know when to act and follow some rules.

I keep a mask in use for 21 to 30 days. After that I dispose it as washing one deteriorates the mask's fibers thus filtering capacity and simple sterilization won't get rid of sweat and grime that gets stuck on the edges of the mask and the loops. Plus my exposure is very limited and I have a decent stock of 3M masks and respirators so can afford to be "American" about it.

Who was the Amazon seller?
Surgi world.just checked he is not selling same mask which i have.heading was 3M 8210 Original N95 Personal Protective Equipment Particulate... .now when I am clicking on link from my orders section it's taking me to another product which was being sold for 1700rs by same seller.i am not able to find product i bought.https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B08K1N9SXZ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3O0BHUHI07NVS&psc=1
You can buy this from same seller they have return policy and Amazon fulfilled you can return them if they are not Korean made.

I keep a mask in use for 21 to 30 days. After that I dispose it as washing one deteriorates the mask's fibers thus filtering capacity and simple sterilization won't get rid of sweat and grime that gets stuck on the edges of the mask and the loops. Plus my exposure is very limited and I have a decent stock of 3M masks and respirators so can afford to be "American" about it.
I'm guilty of reusing even surgical masks. My exposure is less too and usually not much sweat, but summer is here.
Let me try to find some genuine respirators.

Surgi world.just checked he is not selling same mask which i have.heading was 3M 8210 Original N95 Personal Protective Equipment Particulate... .now when I am clicking on link from my orders section it's taking me to another product which was being sold for 1700rs by same seller.i am not able to find product i bought.https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B08K1N9SXZ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3O0BHUHI07NVS&psc=1
You can buy this from same seller they have return policy and Amazon fulfilled you can return them if they are not Korean made.
Thanks I want masks without ear loops. This will work.

Edit: Damn gotta shave... trim at least.

Last edited:
Common people are like this everywhere. At least here people don't attack police if they are told to wear masks.
From what I've seen so far, common people in India are just scared for their lives, completely clueless and helpless. Not a single helpline number works anymore. Even unrelated departments like Fire, electricity etc. do not work in Kolkata most of the times.
During a thunderstorm few days back , a light post just opposite to the house where we're living while off duty, caught fire. At least few hundred people lost electricity and they couldn't contact electricity department for 3 days ( think it's CESC)
Indian people may not be highly educated in general, but they are extremely tolerant. Imagine what would happen even in a small European city, if people don't have access to electricity and internet in this blistering heat!!
We can blame common man easily, as they have no voice, no propaganda machine to speak for them.

So what's the plan? Just wait and watch for another 10-15 lakh people to die in next 3-4 weeks?
Well, the people don't want to stay inside and support the lockdown. I believe same was true for some foreign countries as well. There was a viral video last year of a mayor of an italian city screaming on guys playing table tennis on the beach. I think it was same in many US cities as well where people weren't ready to follow CoVID appropriate behaviour because it impeached on their 'freedom'.
Most of your time is spent dealing with the patients. But if you get time go and see how people are moving around in the city and how many of them follow CoVID appropriate behaviour. If all the people of a country don't want to follow some rules, then no administration can make them. This true power of people can bring about revolutions and also cause issues like the one you are seeing now.
Yes, the govts are implicit as well. No one can say that they are not guilty. But the public is equally if not more guilty. People are still holding functions in my village. I haven't been to any function since last year. They talk about us in those functions. But when one of them got infected last week, they had the audacity to come to me and ask me to take the guy to the test centre. I wore 2 N95 masks for my sake when I took him. This is just a small example of how, in India, all the logic following people, still have to pay the price of other people's mistakes. And this shows in every election when people like them vote for cash, alcohol, caste, religion and then everyone ends up paying the cost.

@red dragon , why is covaxin not a good vaccine, we can do antibody test and see if it works I'm friends and family who have taken it. I thought it would better than covishield due to deactivated virus, less side effects.

@red dragon , why is covaxin not a good vaccine, we can do antibody test and see if it works I'm friends and family who have taken it. I thought it would better than covishield due to deactivated virus, less side effects.
What antibody can you test? No one yet knows about the protective antibody titre.
I was vaccinated almost 5 months ago, was possibly infected multiple times with minor symptoms ( always PCR negative) so logically I must have high antibody titres.
My antibody titre is less than 1, yet I am not technically infected, in fact not even using PPE anymore inside a covid hospital.
Deactivated virus....that's the problem...what did they do to " deactivate" the virus? Stripped them off spike proteins? How did they do it? Why everyone went for the much more difficult option of incorporating mRNA inside a vector?
Where did Bharat Biotech publish the genome of their inactivated virus?
Their explanation of MOA of the vaccine just doesn't make any sense. A thousand questions can be raised from that 9 line explanation.

So what's the plan? Just wait and watch for another 10-15 lakh people to die in next 3-4 weeks?
Pretty much looks like it. And what makes you think that number hasn't been realized already. Eat Dark Chocolate mi amigo!
First step of fixing any problem is first acknowledging that there is a problem. When the "Gormint" is still prioritizing "Effective Communication", issuing palliative directives of quackery instead doing any kind of stock taking let alone take concrete measures, calling a construction project amidst a pandemic an "essential service" and then raises prohibitory facades barring any kind of visual or graphics to come through, you should know the country is racing to hell in a hand basket.
Don't be surprised if the same political dispensation comes back into power in 2024 because they have 3 more years to cover up this whole mess and people have very short memory, which is even aided further by Media outlets, running 6th generation warfare on the residents of the country itself. Such work becomes easier for a party/organization driving ideology of religion in an inherently fatalistic society such as ours where even today people, at the end of the day attribute it all to "Bhagwan ki Marzi" and "Kalyug".
So here it's Social Darwinsim in it's basest form with "Survival of the Richest".

Deactivated virus....that's the problem...what did they do to " deactivate" the virus? Stripped them off spike proteins? How did they do it?

They used Beta Propiolactone (BPL). it's been used since a long time for inactivated influenza, polio, rabies etc vaccines. The genetic material is rendered inert. Spike proteins remain intact.
Aluminum added as an adjuvant (again, like tons of others vaccines).
I don't know how true the efficacy is, but their methods sure aren't unscientific in developing the vaccine.

My mate is doing slightly better. None of us participating in his treatment. And the doctors here are doing a fantastic job.
Only the virus itself couldn't create the situation India is in right now.
We among ourselves have witnessed this pandemic in 6 worst hit countries in Europe, US and South America including Brazil.
No country has done this badly. This is not a time for blaming, finger-pointing but it's extremely hard not to.
Other than producing absolutely bottom of the barrel PPE, counterfeit N95 maks and a completely useless vaccine ( I can guarantee even African countries won't be using Covaxin, if and when they get it) India's contribution to this global crisis is absolutely ZERO.
We can criticize all the corporate hospitals for looting people ( they are indeed) but without these hospitals not a single severe covid case would have survived.
The government hospitals ( including the teaching hospitals) are still using those old Siemens ventilators without any screen in 2021. It took me 10 minutes just to figure out how to come out of VCV in a ventilator!! Even the poorest of poor African countries have better ventilators. India had more than a year to prepare, and it has done NOTHING.
No wonder why central government is so reluctant in allowing manpower from EU or US.
It's beyond shocking and we're discovering new things everyday the world doesn't know about. It's like reading a horror story... initially thought we are witnessing rare exceptions, but these things are normal here!!
Wasn't there an oxygen crisis in Brazil ?

Back