Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Yes, I will get everything they send...so far they are just trying to confuse us, completely unaware of the fact that we are really comfortable with descriptive statistics.
They are possibly limited to SPSS etc, but we have in-house extremely sophisticated tools and do this for a living.
Some of us are addicted to medical data analysis.

Yes, I will get everything they send...so far they are just trying to confuse us, completely unaware of the fact that we are really comfortable with descriptive statistics.
They are possibly limited to SPSS etc, but we have in-house extremely sophisticated tools and do this for a living.
Off topic : What statistical toolset you use, if I may ask ? I am familiar with SAS and know that its used extensively in medical arena. I studied SPSS during MBA but it was eons ago.

Probably enough for non medical professionals. But things are not really that simple. He simply ignored the strangest covid antibody response.
A short lived spike of highly specific but not neutralizing antibodies found upto 6 weeks post clinical recovery leading to reinfection by the same strain in some patients ( this may occur specially in prolonged hospitalized patients, we are getting away by blaming secondary infections, but secondary bacterial infections usually don't raise IL6 or ferritin, some of the patients are definitely having recurrent cytokine storm after full recovery from the first one)
If somebody interested in digging far deeper (after understanding the video Arjun posted)
Off topic : What statistical toolset you use, if I may ask ? I am familiar with SAS and know that its used extensively in medical arena. I studied SPSS during MBA but it was eons ago.
Sorry mate, can't tell the names openly...based upon nQuery ( made by the same developers)
SAS is also great specially when you are dealing with missing values.
Look at this once:https://www.newindianexpress.com/st...a-in-andhra-pradesh-for-recovery-2304545.html
My wife is saying some 2400 ambulances and some 30k people are in waiting Q outside that mans herbal hospital.
Even ICMR is coming on Saturday to take the samples and TTD(Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams) Herbal Hospital from Tirupati arrived today to take samples given to some 5k patients and categorise the data and give it to ICMR.
I hail from that District but now in Hyderabad and might go next month and take the medicine myself and inform you here.
I'm not 100 percent sure, but the sample possibly contains goat milk and some vegetable oil or something like that.
If it's curing covid, people back home are possibly safe, given how much goat cheese we eat in Czech Republic!!
I don't wanna slam Ayurveda, but everything should have some limits!!
We can't blame anyone for mucormycosis if we start chewing random leaves!!

Last edited:
They might not be random leaves as many went and got the medicine.
But ICMR and AIIMS went for samples to confirm its validity etc
Even Ayush and Ayurveda college from TTD Tirupathi went to confirm what's real and what's not.
Everything from regarding names of those who got administered and its effects etc
To the ingredients used in the making of the medicine etc
So to verify the veracity of the vaccine or is it just another hype created to make monies likewise.

Even our VP Vice-president is from our district who himself asked the Ayush to look into the matter.

How do you think ICMR/ AIMS are going to analyse the sample?
Actually came to know about this from an ICMR research team guy.
Ayush/Ayurveda collages don't have any proper laboratory facilities.
This is what are they going to do...." We are not promoting this as prevention or cure for Covid 19. We are including this as a supportive/ symptomatic treatment"
They are itching to write immune booster, but can not ( after Coronil episode...that idiot used isolated spike protein and used some zebra fishes as study subjects...guess where he got the spike protein from)

And above all still don't care for physical distancing.
Most recent studies show SARS-Cov2 is airborne and has been detected up to 10 meters away. Research also shows risk of infection outside is very low due to ample air circulation and hostile conditions for the virus. Viral load is also an important factor in probability of infection. So, the highest risk is indoors with inadequate circulation / recirculated air. I don't know if such social distancing is possible in India. Agreed on your point of keeping the mass public transport shut (buses) for next 2 months.

Last edited:
If the public transport remains shut for 2 month, lot of taxi/ auto drivers will commit suicide.
These people have dignity, self respect. In 2020 most of them used all their savings.
They don't even have few thousands of INR left in bank accounts.
All day I keep on calling and check on them..at least 20-25 people who had a stand outside stadium and we know most of the drivers ( as can't go out due to the infection)
Everytime I try to bring them up during online meetings, pishi ( Mamta Banerjee) makes fun of me..calling me the last communist etc.
Leftist or not we should have some empathy for them and act accordingly.
Will gladly start using public transport if it starts before I leave.
There's a thin line between covid appropriate behaviour and selfishness...let's not cross it.
My life or a taxi driver's life is equal to our families. Every human life is equal.
Superhumans like 56 incher, his OSA sidekick, the wannabe Swami Vivekananda of UP etc. are different. They are war criminals in my book.

> I don't wanna slam Ayurveda, but everything should have some limits!!

Just like people don't slam Allopathy / English medicine for mistakes of few under-qualified or exploitative Doctors, slamming Ayurveda as a treatment method does not look logical.

Slam those who abuse it, especially the political exploiters as of now.

BTW, any updates on real world benefits and trial results of DRDO supported 2-deoxy-D-glucose for Covid19 treatment ?

Eagerly waiting for trial results of Molnupiravir by EMerk.

To all the people who are planning to get vaccinated , plz check the condition of your local hospitals and health institutions before getting a shot , a lot of people have develope adverse effects following immunization (AEFI) . Plz make sure about bed/oxygen availablity . If found inadequate plz----- ask other family members if the condition is better at their place so that you have an alternative in case. Also keep in contact with your doctor post vaccine and remember to
Vaccinate yourself
I took my first dose earlier this week and really had strong side effects about 4-5 hours later. The symptoms were kind of odd as I felt feverish but the actually temperature was 94-95F. I felt fatigued and kept yawning but couldn't fall asleep. I was trying to avoid taking medication as the side effect is an indication of the immune response but the pain was a bit above my threshold.

Tried taking only paracetamol initially but had to take ibuprofen in the end for the pain and things started feeling normal after 36 hours. I would say don't let the side effects deter you from the vaccine, just be prepared for it and consult a doctor if needed.

Just like people don't slam Allopathy / English medicine for mistakes of few under-qualified or exploitative Doctors, slamming Ayurveda as a treatment method does not look logical.

BTW, any updates on real world benefits and trial results of DRDO supported 2-deoxy-D-glucose for Covid19 treatment ?

Eagerly waiting for trial results of Molnupiravir by EMerk.
People don't slam modern medicine!! It's a huge industry ( suing for medical negligence) man, specially in US.
If more educated/ privileged people were dependent upon Ayurveda, it possibly won't last the attack. Vatta, Pitta, Kapha...no lawyer could defend something based on these...there is no proper textbook, just word of mouth mostly.
DRDO has got nothing to do with 2DG. They didn't invent it. It's a mannose like substance with anti tumor activities. Oncologists have give up on it after years of trial and errors.
Don't expect anything magical from it.

If the public transport remains shut for 2 month, lot of taxi/ auto drivers will commit suicide.
These people have dignity, self respect.
Doc, I specifically mentioned mass public transport (buses) :)
Usually exposure in a cab or an auto is only between passenger(s) and the driver, this too can be mitigated by a barrier in between and rolling windows down.

don't let the side effects deter you from the vaccine, just be prepared for it
I experienced mild adverse effects too, no pain but annoying body pain and the low-grade fever so took 650 paracetamol on day 2. Back to normal on day 3. (CoviShield)

I don't know if Pfizer is marketing their products too much or people are publishing raw early data, but this is the second such uneven study I found in past few days. The first was from PHE where either a single dose of AstraZeneca or 2 doses with unequal post-vaccination interval was compared with Pfizer. Still searching for apples to apple comparison for CoviShield vs Pfizer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7557167/
@mods, feel free to delete my posts, but please don't delete this link.
It was a breakthrough paper in vaccine development. I will never post newspaper articles here, which anybody can find.
The second study is going on with UK and Modi variant. I have some of it, but can't upload here. Will do, the moment it's complete.
Can you explain a bit on that research article if possible, I found that article before few days but it's too technical to understand even the context as there's no conclusion either which explains these research points in short. Is it saying that these inactivated vaccines could cause more damage than good like those rsv vaccines that were stopped or that it won't be useful? That's what I could decipher from that after reading it twice, forgive me if I'm way off from what it actually is!

I don't know if Pfizer is marketing their products too much or people are publishing raw early data, but this is the second such uneven study I found in past few days. The first was from PHE where either a single dose of AstraZeneca or 2 doses with unequal post-vaccination interval was compared with Pfizer. Still searching for apples to apple comparison for CoviShield vs Pfizer.
Here they compare it after two doses of both vaccines, I'm quoting some bits from the link below
The Pfizer vaccine was found to be 88% effective at stopping symptomatic disease from the Indian variant two weeks after the second dose, compared with 93% effectiveness against the Kent variant.
The AstraZeneca jab was 60% effective against the Indian variant, compared with 66% against the Kent variant.
Some 12,675 genome-sequenced cases were included in the study, which took place between 5 April and 16 May. Only 1,054 of those cases were of the Indian variant, known as B.1.617.2

That article only demonstrated that it's possible to to inactivate the virus with BPL successfully and despite decoupling S1 and S2 decoupling, if it's done properly, it will retain antigenicity.
PicoVac another such attempt went south, as they could decouple with BPL ( and showed sufficient postfusion spikes, but the structure was damaged ( perfusion state was incorrectly claimed) and it lost antigenicity.
RSV has F protein ( class 1 fusion protein) and aldehyde inactivation worked against mice ( they didn't get the infection after inoculation) However it produced fatality in 2 human volunteers.
They went back and did structural studies ( from 2013 to 2016) and showed in the prefusion state the spike protein is gone!
Resulting in antibody dependent enhancement.
This study is basically saying every inactivated virus ( as shown in animal studies, the inactivated virus can not infect the animals) must went through structural studies too ( Cryo studies) before using as a vaccine.
Chemical inactivation does not guarantee true inactivation, plus during inactivation you can't mess with the antibody binding sites.
Slightly clearer now? I understand it's not a easy study, but it's a very crucial study.
Due to the RSV inactivation failure study report in 2016, Moderna was actually working on some workarounds since then ( mostly on MERS and related viruses) They were becoming experts on RNA extraction. So when the mad rush for the vaccine started they were ahead of everyone. But Moderna is a very small bio tech company, BionTech was more than happy to join in with their vast experience in VERO culture.
History of the vaccine race is fascinating to read.
The 2022 will be the year of plasmid based vaccines ( a very unique and intelligent approach)
The era of inactivated vaccines has ended. When done properly it requires a lot of manpower and the yield is very unpredictable.

Modi cannot simply say it is a state subject
Did Modi actually say this?

Health is actually a state subject. A pandemic is not , a pandemic falls into the concurrent list (List III) of the Constitution point 29.
Which means that BOTH Central and State Govt can pass laws.

Link to the constitution https://legislative.gov.in/sites/default/files/COI_1.pdf
It's in page 219 , LIST III point 29 of this PDF (from official GoI site)

see nirmala interview . As a minister She speaks on behalf of the PM
when has modi actually spoken anything worthwhile.

Modi seriously lacks certain essential humane qualities as a leader. He has no concept of empathy.
Mamata's chief secretary (Alapan) is working tirelessly since the cyclone. He lost his brother Anjan on 16th of this month, took just one day off.
Now Modi wants him back in Delhi by 1st of June!!
He just can't accept defeat gracefully..he actually met Alapan personally but didn't tell him directly..what kind of a person does that!!??
I've never worked / came across so close to bureaucrats/ mantris etc. Most of them behave like normal people, many are very polite and humble at least in Zoom meetings. I specially like Alapan da, as he's very intelligent ( took less than a minute to make him understand vaccination options with inadequate supply) hardworking, brutally honest and doesn't talk much.
Loosing a brother ( or any family member) is not easy specially when you are under massive workload. If a PM of a country doesn't understand / care for such simple human emotions, what does a common man can expect from him?
He's trying to create a hybrid image of Tagore, Swami Vivekananda....without even going through their works. Empathy was the greatest quality in them. May be he had a traumatic childhood..how can a person be so blunt and twisted at the same time!!??
As ex student of Narendrapur Ramkrishna Mission I was introduced to Swamiji very early in life and later read his works ( all the volumes) multiple times...a simple line of his (jokhon jonmechish ekta dag rekhe ja...meaning as you're born, leave a mark) woke me up at the age of 34 from a life of safety and comfort to something borderline dangerous but meaningful.
Don't understand how Modi is influencing so many people even now...how can a Hindu with average IQ feels unsafe against Muslim invasion in India!!??
Even if a chimpanzee becomes PM tomorrow, life just can't get any worse for a common man in India.
This is the lowest of low, believe it or not, I've spent significant time in some of the worst countries in Africa. Life of a common man in eastern India is no worse.
Everyone is trying to con other just to survive.
A fruit vendor is selling us mangoes everyday at 5-6 times the price. But he's just trying to survive. That guy came upstairs to deliver, asked him...he has 3 kids, wife and mother at home. Used to earn 12-15k INR every month in 2019.
Now if lucky he makes half of that. The kids used to go to school ( twin daughters in 8th standard, the son in class 3)...since he has only one smart phone, only the boy can attend online classes. Since local train service has stopped, he with his 3-4 friends is coming to kolkata from Lakshmikantpur in some kind of a small truck ( 2500 INR everyday, which may increase further due to rise in fuel price)
What this guy can do? He's conning us just to survive...let the words sink in...conning only to SURVIVE, only to FEED the family. In my book it's no crime.
I've given him my Xiaomi phone, so that the daughters can attend classes. The man is not a thief, he will return it to my friends who will be staying back for at least 2 more months.
Can it get any worse than this...you tell me!
There are millions of Manoj like this. You expect these people to use a stupid app to apply for vaccination!!
We don't have to be leftist/rightist/ hindu/ muslim/ Christian etc.to understand the issues here and if every slightly more privileged individual helps 2-5 persons around them as duty ( not out of sympathy, but duty as a decent human) things will improve. As government won't do anything.
As tech enthusiastic people, most of us here have more than one computer, smartphone, ipads that we don't use.
Please try to find out people around you, who's kids are not being able to attend online classes, give those old phones, laptops etc.to them.
If you can't that's fine too, try to find these needy people ( domestic help, vegetable vendors, small shop owners) and hook them up with someone who can.
Atleast give it a try...let us try to use the huge population of India as the biggest asset...trust me, it's possible and not very difficult.
The number doesn't matter. Even if we manage to help just 10 needy students with their clases, we have tried.
I was one of them, if this thing happened 20 years ago, I'm sure my father would have a hard time arranging 3 devices for me and my sisters.

Last edited:
@quaratineinthesejeans

> If more educated/ privileged people were dependent upon Ayurveda, it possibly won't last the attack. Vatta, Pitta, Kapha...no lawyer could defend something based on these...there is no proper textbook, just word of mouth mostly which are mentioned in those scriptures. If at all those works.

As mentioned earlier, more educated people should learn to disregard books and scriptures written thousand of years back and use their scientific temper to research and discover which specific compounds from specific herbs can help treat human ailments. No, don't tell that is not going to work because tons of work already happened and well known MNCs are still working on that.

Didn't say DRDO invented 2DG, I said DRDO 'supported'. As far as early usage of 2DG, already checked wikipedia and few other articles on that. Not checking about it's effect on tumor treatment now, but for Covid19 treatment of course.

Not expecting magic from it but real world statistics, immaterial of whether that is good or bad.

Last edited:
"What’s not clear is what antibody levels will look like in the long term and whether they offer any protection, Ahmed adds."

Thought you'd be done with your bullshit trivialising the seriousness of this pandemic after so many lakhs have died. Fine if you have l337 opinions and contrary to fact. But at least have some respect for those who are suffering and stfu instead of being that annoying prick.

Back