Courier Service Feedback

xtremevicky said:
Blue Dart are just Awesome !!

I was travelling over the weekend so was not able to pick up the delivery guys call and then I mailed then around 4 30 and at 5 30 my package was there . Brilliant service !

+1.

An electronic item was delivered to my place (Pune) from north India in 2 days without a scratch.

I guess quality comes at a price! :p

On the other hand there's "Professional Couriers" - they should change their name to "Unprofessional Couriers". Box was crushed from one side. I noticed that after removing the outer cover. :mad:

Fortunately, the gadget inside the box was safe and sound. Handling is extremely rough. Expect the consignee to receive a crushed box. BS courier.

Could anyone recommend a courier? I need to send a iPod Nano from Chennai to New Delhi. Blue dart quoted Rs 1500 to send the item worth Rs5000. Do the courier provide the boxes as well?

Regards.

Blue dart charges 280 for the first half kg and is insured for 5k, I only use blue dart to ship expensive stuff and never faced any problem.

karankapoor said:
Blue dart charges 280 for the first half kg and is insured for 5k, I only use blue dart to ship expensive stuff and never faced any problem.

Do they provide the box as well? Is there a specific name for this service?

Regards.

Never inquire about the box, As for the service name i really don't know about that, just call there customer care and inquire about it. I recently shipped to Bangalore Mumbai Orissa for 280 for first half.

One good thing about BD they pack the parcel in front of you and they have a printed declaration form for you to provide all the details of the stuff in the parcel and they also declare it on the AWB slip.

^ You really are lucky. I enquired about shipping a phone and was quoted 2200 each time I called. The same price was quoted for an iPod as well. I ended up shipping through DTDC Blue - item delivered in a day, no hassle whatsoever

agantuk said:
^ You really are lucky. I enquired about shipping a phone and was quoted 2200 each time I called. The same price was quoted for an iPod as well. I ended up shipping through DTDC Blue - item delivered in a day, no hassle whatsoever

Could you tell me how much they charged? Should you pack the item yourselves?

agantuk said:

They charge you 2200 when you ask them to insure the parcel for more then 5k.

Aramex is good from what I hear. I got a quote of 115 for shipping, they said they don't provide insurance for mobiles, and ask you to sign a document stating they are not responsible for damage - though I wonder what makes them do that. However, finding out a collection point is difficult, and they rarely come for pick up

Use Overnite Express instead. They have special mobile service. They charge Rs. 250 flat + insurance extra @ 2% of value declared. After they check the contents of the package they will put the package in a tamper proof pack with serial no. . That serial no will be mentioned on the receipt also. The pack is so that if anybody tries to open it the serial no. will get torn.

You need to take your phone with the packing material to them. They will check the contents and then you/they will pack the mobile and put it in the tamper proof pack.

Even with DTDC you need to take the phone in open condition. You can pack only after they check and list the contents.

+1 for overnite mobile express,its tamper proof pouch system is good and havent heard a single case of theft etc against them, so its a very good option for sending phones.

Went to DTDC to deliver the iPod. They asked Rs300 for the postage. Sent it by EMS Speedpost instead. Cost Rs56. Tracking info reveals this

Date & Time From Office To Office Event Remarks

11/08/2011 14:09:40 VELACHERI Article Booked

11/08/2011 16:19:09 VELACHERI CHENNAI Article Bagged

11/08/2011 16:19:25 VELACHERI CHENNAI Bag Sent through MMS Scheduled Dep.11/08/2011 16:00:00 hrs.

11/08/2011 17:57:05 ____ CHENNAI Bag IS Opened

Do they always open the parcel? I am worried that they might send an empty box. Could someone clarify this.

Back