Courier Service Feedback

This thread is only for courier service feedback and courier service discussions .If you want to discuss anything about letsbuy service there is a dedicated thread here]

mail2abhi81 said:
Guys,

have anyone purchased a digicam from LB? hows their service (delivery/ packaging etc)

I am bit skeptical about it as i haven't purchased any item above 9k through online before. so asking. How long it takes after ordering , to reach Bangalore.

response would be much appreciated.

Abhishek

Packing is gud they shipped mine through Aramex.

Ordered a logitech headset on ebay from a dealer in Chennai who shipped it via Un-Professional Couriers. When I got the parcel the earphones were missing. The carton only had the box , case and manual .

What was done was they slit the carton using a blade and managed to extract he contents and then taped it up so it wasn't noticable.

I informed the dealer who contacted them and I got a call from Professional the next day who took down the details. Not sure what happened next but a week later the dealer shipped a replacement via SpeedPost which arrived with no problems.

I have to guess the investigation wasn't too prolonged since the shipping was within Chennai and involved only 2 branches and its hard to shift the blame.

archat68 said:
This is same with all couriers. The couriers receive the packages in their main office, then they simply put the packages in big polythene sacks according to destination, seal it and send it to the Airport. The guys handling the bags don't have a faintest idea about what's inside the bag and the way they treat the bags will make you shiver. They just unload the bags from the vans or minitrucks and throw it on the floor (this is same with Blue Dart, TNT, Overnite exp).

Yeah this is true. I guess the handlers who load the packages into the plane are part of the airport staff and not the courier ?

Once I took my rig with me via Jet airways and checked it in (packed in cabinet box) . I was standing near the window and happened to watch them load a van which would take the luggage to the plane on the runway. My cabinet was first in queue and they wanted load the van from rear so what they did was lift my cabinet and throw it across till the back of the van (Fragile stickers plastered all over be damned) . You can imagine my shock :p Thankfully the rig (had mobo /cpu etc all installed) survived.

@Indus, did you sort out your esugam problems ?

bottle said:
so what they did was lift my cabinet and throw it across till the back of the van (Fragile stickers plastered all over be damned) . You can imagine my shock :p Thankfully the rig (had mobo /cpu etc all installed) survived.

I see this everyday :( . The staff that do the loading/unloading are airlines staff - correction- they are not even employed by airlines they are contract workers!!!

archat68 said:
I see this everyday :( . The staff that do the loading/unloading are airlines staff - correction- they are not even employed by airlines they are contract workers!!!

Domestic airlines handle the luggage the worse possible way but in international its kinda of different all the luggage's are sorted according to aircraft and then are loaded to big containers which are then loaded in to the aircraft.I have witnessed this personally at Auckland International Airport.

Hello Bretheren,

Im basically looking for any way to get hold of Sony Ericsson support numbers or top level email addresses which can so something about SE phone lying with them since last 5 months what so ever?

the phone is 8 mp C905 high end camera phone which was with the service center for 1 month prior to this instance , and about 3 months on this occasion, 1month has also gone by since the warranty has expired so basically it is with them for last 4 months.

I strongly feel this is the height of taking a customer for granted, i have chased them at various occasions, however there has been no response with the local service center guys or with the help line no 1800- 11-1800 , which is not functional any more. The service center guys say that the phones parts have not arrived and cannot say when they will.

Is there any legal procedure that I can follow to take these guys to court, or any professional firms who help consumers get some support to get required compensation from the company. Im even ready to pay if the amount is not too big .

Sorry, i completely misread the title of the thread....honesty mistake. will post this in the right thread, and also if any one has reflected over my plight, kindly suggest with details as asked.

Cheers

I had worst experience from DTDC that I sent from Bangalore,whitefield,SH 35 franchisee, I sent through normal (not +service) since there's no +service @destination. I packed it very well but they opened and said only open box covered with their cover can send. I opened everything and verified, filled authorization, finally charged Rs.365 for normal courier including insurance. Usually from next day onwards we are able to online track using consignment no., I couldn't do that, I contacted them after 6 days, saying that the sender franchisee has not booked that it's still not send after 6 days!!!. Finally I filled complaint form through net, don't know any use of it, very pathetic service from DTDC.

bottle said:
Once I took my rig with me via Jet airways and checked it in (packed in cabinet box) . I was standing near the window and happened to watch them load a van which would take the luggage to the plane on the runway. My cabinet was first in queue and they wanted load the van from rear so what they did was lift my cabinet and throw it across till the back of the van (Fragile stickers plastered all over be damned) . You can imagine my shock :p Thankfully the rig (had mobo /cpu etc all installed) survived.

I had a similar experience sometime back when I was headed back home from Delhi. Had been to Delhi for a small vacation during June 2005, assembled a comp. from SMC (just the chassis and internals), came back via Bangalore. Despite all the 'Fragile - Handle with care' stickers stuck everywhere outside the box, these guys tossed the box into the cargo bay of the plane as we were watching it from the plane! As we reached Bangalore, it was pouring and to my utter shock the chassis box was wet! Worried, we opened the box from the airport to ensure the internals were intact (thankfully it was). Gave those Indian Airlines officials, a piece of my mind and walked out of the airport.

Has anyone shipped high value items to the Northeast? Sold a phone on ebay. Assuming the buyer pays for it, could you guys recommend some courier? Buyer is based in Aizawl, Mizoram. Feedback for the buyer is good.

Recently I dealt with Afl wiz courier about western digital rma and asus rma. I found them excellent and true professional in work.

I will be always giving them preference over dtdc and alike.

Very punctual and up to the mark service by Afl.

Not just one branch but three branched I dealt and had same enthusiasm.

Had a bad experience with Trackon Couriers.When I took the package to them, they checked the address but didn't tell me that the area was non-serviceable.While tracking the package, they had mentioned no such party exists when delivery attempts were not made at all.Finally when the package came back after 11 days, i raised this issue and they refused to refund my money.I consider myself lucky that atleast the contents were safe.Should have checked this thread before I sent the package :(

you should have asked for money..Same happened to me with same courier company..they refused me too to refund the money but i shouted and they came on track..Will Never use trackon..

archat68 said:
+1 to AFL - they are very good. I never shipped through them but received packages through them. How are charges?

me too at recieving end.
in case of western digital rma and asus rma.
prompt guys and they will call themself to see when we giving them product to ship and want proper paper work.
clear cut service.

Guys, is there any escalation number for bluedart couriers.... I really need it.

One of my parcels was dispatched on 6th Sep by homeshop18.com and I'm still waiting for it to get delivered. for past 7 days the status is changing everyday like 'Premises closed','Incorrect Address','Invalid tracking no.' etc.. They reply to mails "Your parcel is out for delivery and will be delivered today". Please suggest what should be done..

This is the capital where they have to deliver the packet.. let alone the remote areas.

Guys I have a query about delivery of packages(COD/otherwise). I always check the package, open it, see the contents & then receive. Now received a call from Blue dart that they won't deliver open box parcels. Can they do this?

One of my parcels is lying with them & they say they won't deliver it Open-box.

Back