Health & Fitness COVID Vaccine Experience and your preference.

Which COVID Vaccine did you get or are planning to get

• Already Received Covishield

Votes: 86 66.7%
  • Already Received Covaxin

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • Want to get Covishield

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Want to get Covaxin

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Want to get Sputnik V

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Want to get Pfizer,Moderna, other mRNA base Vaccines

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Already Received Pfizer , Moderna , other mRNA based vaccines

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Already Received Sputnik V

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Scared as hell to step out even for vaccine.

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
> If COVID damaged your heart, and you died due to a heart attack,

Yep, the local govt. was infamous decades back for assigning heart attack to all kind of deaths due to multiple viral fever infections.
Got awfully called out for that since they were in effect trying to hide the fact that infective deceases are spreading, what kind of responsibility and treatments needs to be taken, etc.
Am not expert in this, but this idea looks illogical.

That is what that swiss immunologist was calling out. There is no such thing as asymptomatic.

Positive with no symptoms means you can't spread anything. But the way it works you will be counter as infected. So you see the infected numbers shoot up like crazy.

Positive with symptoms means you can.

This is flawed thinking. Asymptomatic can simply mean you don't have "visible" symptoms or symptoms you cannot feel - does not mean you cannot spread. Classical case is Typhoid. A person infected with Typhoid once in their life, and cured, can still be Typhi carrier - shedding bacteria in stool/urine, even from wounds - and be asymptomatic.
Don't ignore decades of scientific research over Twitter/FB/TikTok medicine please.

This begs the question under what circumstances they will list the cause of death as covid?

Does it require a lung biopsy from a post mortem

I am not sure - but chronic illnesses generally don't get counted as often as cause of death, though they will be mentioned under other diseases during reporting. Depends a lot on the report, willingness to report, capture, data analyses etc.
For COVID, it technically cannot be the cause of death. For technical jargon, one can try the VA coding course at https://causeofdeathindia.com/

This is flawed thinking. Asymptomatic can simply mean you don't have "visible" symptoms or symptoms you cannot feel - does not mean you cannot spread.
If you don't have a viable virus you can't spread it. I don't have a link to his YT video but I found this thinking quite reasoned.
Classical case is Typhoid. A person infected with Typhoid once in their life, and cured, can still be Typhi carrier - shedding bacteria in stool/urine, even from wounds - and be asymptomatic.
Don't ignore decades of scientific research over Twitter/FB/TikTok medicine please.
A bacteria is different. Bacteria does not need a host to survive. There is also an incubation period that will skew things.

A virus otoh does and cannot survive for long in the wild. This is why I never bothered to sanitise any packages because there was a team in Germany that tested the viability of the virus on surfaces and found this was not a threat. These guys also discovered something interesting in a village that had a lot of cases. People assumed it was the children that spread it because everybody knows kids are school at the best germ carriers going.

Turns out it wasn't the kids, but the adults in nightclubs in closed non-ventilated spaced that were responsible. I have a nephew that resumed school Oct '21. Under 18 so can't be vaccinated. Never caught the virus.

I am not sure - but chronic illnesses generally don't get counted as often as cause of death, though they will be mentioned under other diseases during reporting. Depends a lot on the report, willingness to report, capture, data analyses etc.
For COVID, it technically cannot be the cause of death. For technical jargon, one can try the VA coding course at https://causeofdeathindia.com/
There must be a protocol for it because we have a half million listed as covid deaths.

you don't have a viable virus you can't spread it. I don't have a link to his YT video but I found this thinking quite reasoned.

But you can't interpret asymptomatic or "relatively" asymptomatic cases as dead RNA. Different virii have different survival timelines. A person can be positive, relatively asymptomatic, and be shedding the RNA for initial few days.
Maybe the asymptomatic individual's immune system clears off the virii quickly, and the shedding period is short, but there is no correlation between symptoms and level of viral RNA in the system. The symptoms are an immune response to antigens i.e. virii proteins.

This confirms what I said. The risk of transmission from surfaces, IN THE REAL WORLD, is low.

These papers always indicate there is a possibility but what is the probability? low

I remember in May '20 someone here was worried about ordering food online. At that point, the virus had spread worldwide and we still did not have a single case of transmission by food. I ordered online right through '20 and during the lockdown of '21 which was the second wave.

Of course when I mentioned my scepticism of this someone promptly posted a link to a paper saying it is possible. HAH! we don't consume food through our noses. Even if someone infected prepared the food and spat in it, you'd still be safe.

All I would add is -
low != zero
Anyways, we also have stopped sanitizing stuff more as to preserve our sanity. We have been both through one instance of Covid infection already.
However I still ask my parents (70+) to continue to sanitize stuff. Touch wood, they have not yet suffered from Covid.
on Sanitizing things, my mom be like, "Ha tu paise udda ispe" :p even though she likes cleaning things everyday XD

All I would add is -
low != zero
What are the odds? low enough to risk it with packages.

The places where you see sanitising done are surfaces in constant contact with the public within a short duration. It's like shaking hands with twenty people at the same time.

Using an ATM, handrails, etc.

You could argue that transmission has a higher chance of occurring in that scenario.
Anyways, we also have stopped sanitizing stuff more as to preserve our sanity. We have been both through one instance of Covid infection already.
However I still ask my parents (70+) to continue to sanitize stuff. Touch wood, they have not yet suffered from Covid.
Regular hand washing does not go away.

Markup can be as high as 5x in China

Last edited:
What are the odds? low enough to risk it with packages.
You tell me. Odds are not zero is what I gathered from the study. If so, the odds go up for anyone vulnerable especially whose immunity is compromised.
The places where you see sanitising done are surfaces in constant contact with the public within a short duration. It's like shaking hands with twenty people at the same time.
I don't see this happen now and rarely during the pandemic. So it is always better for you to sanitize your own hands after contact.
Regular hand washing does not go away.
Agreed, and it never should.

You tell me. Odds are not zero is what I gathered from the study. If so, the odds go up for anyone vulnerable especially whose immunity is compromised.
Low enough not to worry about even if someone whose immunity is compromised. With neither wearing masks it takes at least a couple of minutes of interaction with someone that is infected to get the virus. How much are you going to get from a package ? nothing to worry about
I don't see this happen now and rarely during the pandemic. So it is always better for you to sanitize your own hands after contact.
There used to be a hand sanitiser bottle at the ATM I go to and the guard would insist everyone use it before the ATM

Milan Reports 50% of Passengers on China Flights Have Covid

This reminds some one troublesome news and gives a weird feeling...

Those are the protocols
Maybe they are not giving covid 19 as cause of death because govt has promised 5 lac for each death and govt does not want to pay out.
Cut off is end March 20 2022 to file a claim and its 50k not 5 lacs

Last edited:
Milan Reports 50% of Passengers on China Flights Have Covid

This reminds some one troublesome news and gives a weird feeling...
Everybody is getting this vibe and the Chinese as usual are sharing nothing. So what to do?

We're better prepared this time having been through it already

stats.jpg

2.2 billion shots were administered. NO other country can claim that. What were they saying two years back?

Don't know about India, the world cannot fully recover unless India does. bla bla. Turns out its China in the soup.

We also exported a hell of a lot of vaccines, unlike the western countries that hoarded more than they needed and then had to dump them after they expired denying people that needed it. So much for their values and human rights schtick.
as of now many of them are infected with the virus..read this somewhere recently
They'll be back, our stature is growing in the world and theirs is in the toilet. What I found interesting is their own people aren't buying it.

So India does have a reservoir of goodwill among the Chinese people. Who knew? As the professor advocates, we should grow that reservoir.

Who else can provide them with medicines at the scale needed and the price :)

Last edited:
Starting in the new year, they won't let you into the country unless you upload the results of your test beforehand

Travel.jpg
EU calls screening of travellers from China unjustified
The EU's disease agency has said the screening of travellers from China for Covid-19 would be "unjustified".

They are doctors. it is immoral for them. Fortunately, they don't make the rules

Starting in the new year, they won't let you into the country unless you upload the results of your test beforehand

View attachment 155881

The EU's disease agency has said the screening of travellers from China for Covid-19 would be "unjustified".

They are doctors. it is immoral for them. Fortunately, they don't make the rules

Fuuuuuuuck. I am travelling soon to 3 of those 6 countries. :arghh:

There are chat screenshots in social media how Chinese airports are telling passengers to report they are -ve, even after them having tested positive. And then EU teams want to ignore testing, they want to sleepwalk into disasters it seems.
It was reported somewhere that even during earlier Covid19 phase they did something similar which was blamed on why the decease spreaded there so fast.

Back