Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
@shop and ship

if i sent a set of ram to taiwan for RMA, and they pay for shipping back to india, how much would customs cost me when they send it back to me

i had purchased it for approx 6000rs almost 2 years ago

moksh4u2 said:
@shop and ship

if i sent a set of ram to taiwan for RMA, and they pay for shipping back to india, how much would customs cost me when they send it back to me

i had purchased it for approx 6000rs almost 2 years ago

^ If they send it at their own expenses and mark it as warranty return product with no commercial value , you won't be charged any custom duties . Worst case, ask them to value it as only 10-20$ and mark as warranty return .

FaH33m said:
^ If they send it at their own expenses and mark it as warranty return product with no commercial value , you won't be charged any custom duties . Worst case, ask them to value it as only 10-20$ and mark as warranty return .

i thought as much too

however i might not rma it afterall...

will hold it out till patsburg is out and then go lga2011

HI,
Thanks for your appreciation.:)For the value of 100 USD, the duty will be approx:rs. 1586 and shipping charge srae relative to the weight. 10 USD for 1st 500 gms and 8 usd for every subsequent 500 gms +10.3 % service tax on shipping .
regards
buddingwhizkid said:
very nice thing to do shop and ship you are really very prompt and provide good service .
id like to know the total charges on this item considering the weight is 0.9kg and price marked on box is 100$
Creative Labs SB Tactic 3D Alpha THX Gamer Headset | eBay

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hi Moksh!

we shall get back to you on this. Can you please email us this query to india@shopandship.com please?

regards

FaH33m said:

OK :)

Regards
moksh4u2 said:
i thought as much too

however i might not rma it afterall...

will hold it out till patsburg is out and then go lga2011

Have been tracking my shipment through Aramex?

Shipment History

Location Date Activity

Bombay HUB,India 08/16/2011 09:21 Shipment Held in Customs - Awaiting Inspection and Release

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 08/15/2011 23:40 Shipment Forwarded to - Bombay,India

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 15:54 Shipment Received at Operations Facility

New York Office,United States 08/12/2011 15:58 Shipment Forwarded to - DXB,United Arab Emirates

New York Office,United States 13:51 Shipment Record Created

New York Office,United States 13:51 Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates

It says item held with customs for inspection. Isn`t it Aramex job to get the items passed through customs? Could someone explain.

^Yes they will handle it but if an item is taxable, from what I know it is kept at the customs warehouse till the customs official inspects it and approves whatever documentation aramex have provided. Since yesterday was a public holiday I guess that will happen today or tomorrow

josejeya26 said:

Shipment History

Location Date Activity

Bombay HUB,India 08/16/2011 09:21 Shipment Held in Customs - Awaiting Inspection and Release

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 08/15/2011 23:40 Shipment Forwarded to - Bombay,India

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 15:54 Shipment Received at Operations Facility

New York Office,United States 08/12/2011 15:58 Shipment Forwarded to - DXB,United Arab Emirates

New York Office,United States 13:51 Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates

It says item held with customs for inspection. Isn`t it Aramex job to get the items passed through customs? Could someone explain.

Its takes time say about 12 hours so just wait.

josejeya26 said:

Shipment History

Location Date Activity

Received the parcel today. Very impressed with Shopnship. Delivered the item within 5 working days. Shipping and customs charges were quite reasonable. Could someone explain the charges in detail.

Is it Shipping charges + 10% service tax and Actual customs+ Rs50 Brokerage fee+ 10% of the customs

Not good. :(
My 20$ package was hit with 15$ customs. I mean, seriously, wtf?! Fair value, I get it, but 75% of the declared value as customs? Who are they kidding??!!

I hate the Indian government officials. *aaargh*

Mine is a query similar to josejeya26, tracking the package using aramex, it says "Shipment Received at Operations Facility" does that mean it has cleared custom??

Location Date Activity

Bombay,India 08/19/2011 10:11 Shipment Received at Operations Facility

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 08/18/2011 16:36 Shipment Forwarded to - Bombay,India

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 11:35 Shipment Received at Operations Facility

Mumbai,India 08/17/2011 13:55 Paid Successfully through Credit Card

New York Office,United States 08/16/2011 17:48 Shipment Record Created

New York Office,United States 17:48 Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates

hi,

i would advise you to provide the invoice as the product has arrived our office so, we can get it clear as per your original invoice.

regards.
JT_daniel said:

My 20$ package was hit with 15$ customs. I mean, seriously, wtf?! Fair value, I get it, but 75% of the declared value as customs? Who are they kidding??!!

hi,

we will try to avoid the duties if we can :(

regards.
kuduku said:
Did you send the invoice to them

happened with me also my $16 package was hit with 550 bucks

hi,

yes it means it has been cleared by the customs. to find out the duty charges you can email us at india@shopandship.com

regards.
prankie said:
Mine is a query similar to josejeya26, tracking the package using aramex, it says "Shipment Received at Operations Facility" does that mean it has cleared custom??

Location Date Activity

Bombay,India 08/19/2011 10:11 Shipment Received at Operations Facility

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 08/18/2011 16:36 Shipment Forwarded to - Bombay,India

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 11:35 Shipment Received at Operations Facility

Mumbai,India 08/17/2011 13:55 Paid Successfully through Credit Card

New York Office,United States 08/16/2011 17:48 Shipment Record Created

New York Office,United States 17:48 Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates

Hi

It will be product cost+ duty: Approx 3400+ shipping : 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms +8 USD for every subsequent 500 gms+10.3% Service tax

regards

techpal said:

HI,

Duty will be approx:1365+ shipping is : 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms +8 USD for every subsequent 500 gms+10.3% Service tax

regards

raymasky said:
How much duty would i have to pay for a HP touchpad worth $150 ? HP TouchPad Tablet 32GB by Office Depot

If you had sent the invoice and still this issue, please let us knoe we shall take the corrective steps.:)

regards
JT_daniel said:

15 % on the customs assessed value.

regards

mrcool63 said:
what is the duty on cpu coolers or heatsinks?

@shopnshipindia

Can you please tell me for this one

New Watches from ebay.com - What would be customs & shopnshipindia charges ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back