Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
agantuk said:
^ Phones have 1.3% duty on custom assessed value [actual cost + 21.125% + 1%].

What is 21.125% for?.. i am not sure of all the charges for ordering from US (i am a noob here).. please enlighten me.. Shouldn't it be Actual cost plus SnS delivery cost plus custom charges?

regards neo

It is (invoice value+ 21.125 %+1%)*duty percent

regards
agantuk said:
Customs assessed value considers the shipping to be 21.125% of the invoice amount

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

21.125% s the cost of insurance and freight.
neomustdie said:
What is 21.125% for?.. i am not sure of all the charges for ordering from US (i am a noob here).. please enlighten me.. Shouldn't it be Actual cost plus SnS delivery cost plus custom charges?

regards neo

HI,
the duty will be 15% on the customs assessed value.
regards
logistopath said:
How much would the customs charge be for a set of G.Skill RAMs? Does it come under computer peripherals or along with processor/modem/hard disk..?

HI!
it is 1.3 %
regards
neomustdie said:
hi.. i am trying to get a samsung focus phone from ebay US to India.. what would be the custom related to that.. the prices should be less than 10K ($180).. but it might also be little more than 10K INR ($250)..

HI
on the 1st one duty will be approx:Rs. 1452
2nd:approx duty Rs. 920
3rd: approx duty 5402 INR
regards
paraskhosla said:

shopnshipindia said:
Please note: 1)For All goods from China , all these rates will be applied on the market price as in india , and not the customs assessed value.

Didn't get this part.

So you charge customs duty in advance? If so, what happens if Indian customs department charges less than what you have already charged?

HI,
This means, our customs in india will not tale the invoice value which calculating the customs duty, but will take the market price and apply the duty rate on it.
regards
ontherocks said:
Didn't get this part.
So you charge customs duty in advance? If so, what happens if Indian customs department charges less than what you have already charged?

shopnshipindia said:
HI,

This means, our customs in india will not tale the invoice value which calculating the customs duty, but will take the market price and apply the duty rate on it.

regards

So for items from China, the Indian customs dept doesn't care whatever is the invoiced/declared amount?

Ideally Yes. This is the worst case senario.
ontherocks said:
So for items from China, the Indian customs dept doesn't care whatever is the invoiced/declared amount?

We will charge you exactly what the customs have charged:) whehe ,as you know we also help you with the duty bill
ontherocks said:
Didn't get this part.

@shopnship

is duty levied on old vintage electronic audio gear like headphones. i am talking about 35-40 year old goods.

For ebay auctions.. do i need to ask the seller specifically for the invoice for custom duty..?? Is it before payment or post my payment..? Also what happens if i buy from some person and not a trader on ebay..??

Your Paypal payment receipt will also do, You can but from any Individual just ask him to send you an invoice through Paypal before you pay him.

HI,
It can be imported , but there are a lot of lincenses/certificates required. i would advise dont go for it.
Regards
shopnshipindia said:
Hi! will get back to you on this.

HI,
You can buy it from anywhere /anyone. Even you paypal receipt will do :)
neomustdie said:
For ebay auctions.. do i need to ask the seller specifically for the invoice for custom duty..?? Is it before payment or post my payment..? Also what happens if i buy from some person and not a trader on ebay..??

Thanks For the perfect reply Karan!
karankapoor said:
Your Paypal payment receipt will also do, You can but from any Individual just ask him to send you an invoice through Paypal before you pay him.

shopnshipindia said:
It is (invoice value+ 21.125 %+1%)*duty percent

21.125% s the cost of insurance and freight.

When your shipping cost is explicitly available, why does customs take it ias 21.125% of invoice value?

This is how the cstoms assessed value is calculated, and the duty rate is not calculated on the invoice value.
Nag1010 said:
When your shipping cost is explicitly available, why does customs take it ias 21.125% of invoice value?

Was anyone charged Rs100 as brokerage by Shopnship? My last delivery was charged Rs100. Have put a query to Karan. Will see what happens.

I was once charged 50/- for few parcels. One consignment was charged 150/- , Called up Karan and he changed that to 50/-

HI.. Its usually 100. and it was 50 at times. Now we have standardized it to 100 INR
chetansha said:
I was once charged 50/- for few parcels. One consignment was charged 150/- , Called up Karan and he changed that to 50/-

I am a SnS member and trying to buy an used tablet (Windows 7 Slate)
Do I need any specific documents for that to reduce customs duty?
Any other documents, precautions for getting this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back