CyberPunk 2077

Did you see the backlash that the gamespot reviewer got for giving cyberpunk a 7/10? When you look at it now, that score actually reflects the actual game. And my gosh, the comments in that video and the like to dislike ratio, what a force CPDR fans honestly are. Saying the reviewer gave a shit review of the game when they themselves haven't even touched it.
Yes. Gamespot mentioned the bugs and they were legit but the backlash against their review was not really about the bugs. It's about this one specifically:
Screenshot_20201213-191033~2.png
The above is about LGBT+ and PoC cultures. The reviewer apparently an SJW wanted to impose her views, opinions and ideology in the game. It's the same like the people who wanted historical "facts" in a war game. This is a work of "fiction" first and foremost and then secondly it's just a videogame. It would be just like we Indians whining and demanding why videogames nowadays still don't have Indian characters or Indian protagonist due to whatever reasons.
Anyway her views here is not the only thing which people had problems with. There's another review which she did and I don't know if you'll have heard of it. It's this:
619.png
See her negative cons here.
Her first problem with the game is about the Pokemon world having too much water. Now let me explain.
If you've played Pokemon you'll know that the Pokemon world has a lot of water like the real world. In fact Pokemon world/maps are inspired by real world maps. And Earth has about 70% water. I don't think that she was aware of these facts. And someone who herself has little to no clue about the product shouldn't be reviewing it for "others."
Her second problem is the game having "too many" HM's. HM is short for Hidden Machine. HM's are essential moves which you can teach your Pokemon with a compatible nature (not the Noun) to get over otherwise-impossible obstacles or quests. The HM's were there right from the start and remained virtually the same for many of its versions.

TLDR: Pokemon ORAS may not be perfect but the way she listed the downsides and her reasoning were downright stupid.
And all of these problems spiraled into the hate for the gamespot review of cyberpunk2077.
Yes the videogaming community's, mainly the PC ones, hate for Gamespot was, maybe, overboard (?) but they didn't do it because of her comments on the bugs. They did it because of her PERSONAL problems with the game. The community got themselves a hold of the oil (the Pokemon review) to make the fire bigger and this oil was provided by the reviewer herself.
So you may say that Gamespot did a good job with the cyberpunk review but you cannot say that the backlash was against the bugs comments because it's not.
Look at the bright side, it has now shown us how pathetic the review industry is and the reviewers have plastered their faces for the whole world to see.

Last edited:
cdpr said “it will be released when it’s ready” they failed on that promise. the game is definitely not ready for release and the release manager who signed off on it should be fired.

Checkout his channel:

He make videos in partiicular about the most controversial/hyped game releases, the very good/bad ones. He does it with style without talking.
I thought he would have one on the cyberpunk but he went inactive a year ago. Would've liked to see the cyberpunk one.
cdpr said “it will be released when it’s ready” they failed on that promise. the game is definitely not ready for release and the release manager who signed off on it should be fired.
True that. CDPR also said they would be distributing some of the profit % to the team behind it so I doubt they are gonna get fired. In fact I think they will praise the team for doing a "good" job lol.

Did you see the backlash that the gamespot reviewer got for giving cyberpunk a 7/10? When you look at it now, that score actually reflects the actual game. And my gosh, the comments in that video and the like to dislike ratio, what a force CPDR fans honestly are. Saying the reviewer gave a shit review of the game when they themselves haven't even touched it.

Spot on! Its just fanboys bashing the review without even having touched it. The people who have actually played it are bashing it on metacritic!

The Gamespot reviewer actually raised some really great points like the quality of side quests. On one end we have Witcher 3 where each and every side quest was a treat in itself and it became so hard not to explore the world and carry on with the main quests. On the other end we had Assasin's Creed Origins where each side quest was just infiltrating the camp and kill the Captain+loot treasure. If a game has to be a 9 or 10 then they really have to nail it!

What a shitshow for previous gen owners.
Looks like the best time to get the game is March for me as they would have ironed out all these bugs

Looks like the best time to get the game is March for me as they would have ironed out all these bugs
Already completed the game, but yeah last gen console owners shouldn't even try to play it.
If you don't play this game at least on high settings you won't appreciate the game how good it is.

Hey Arun
Been hearing a lot about this game
Why on earth was this so badly anticipated and then why it was getting delayed again and again.
And now why on earth its getting so many bad reviews... Is it coz of frame rate glitches etc.

Thank god I am happy with my toy in vita and playing the tested games, though just once in 15vdays that too for about half an hour lol

Hey Arun
Been hearing a lot about this game
Why on earth was this so badly anticipated and then why it was getting delayed again and again.
And now why on earth its getting so many bad reviews... Is it coz of frame rate glitches etc.

Thank god I am happy with my toy in vita and playing the tested games, though just once in 15vdays that too for about half an hour lol
I think you both will find this relevant:

@puns The issues go beyond performance on older consoles. There's difference of night and day between what CDPR promised and what it delivered.

I think you both will find this relevant:

@puns The issues go beyond performance on older consoles. There's difference of night and day between what CDPR promised and what it delivered.

I didint follow the game and what was promised. If they promised content which is missing, its a bigger shitshow for everyone.
They are compensating for performance on last gen with refunds.
They will never compensate for content cause development and final product are never same. Look at Fallout 76 or Anthem.

Sad state of affair for something which was in development for so long and if this list of missing features in game is accurate, I wont pay full price and wait few months. Get the game on discount, polished for a better experience. just my opinion

Back