Dark Souls - Discussion Thread

Insha haven't you played Demon's Souls?
<
Dude you should play that game. You'll love it! There is PvP but I doubt if you'd come across anyone playing Demon's Souls now. Pick up a copy of Dark Souls instead.
I always wanted to play Demon Souls but never got the chance. So yeah I will definitely pick Dark Souls!
<

I'll be picking Pyromancer this time.
<

Ummm Allwyn should we take this up for the X360 man? The online petitions have crossed the 80k mark! I think the devs. might actually consider porting it to the PC.

Besides I am headed home on 4th Feb. and wouldn't have access to the consoles until 18th. Could you think over this one? I'll tell you we will have to pause and resume the playthrough if we begin now, which might turn out to be boring affair. I want to give this one good shot and be done with it forever like how I did with Skyrim.

Well, we can re-schedule in that case. But it's a waste, waiting for the PC version to materialize, that's for sure. Even if the petition pulls through, it would take a long while before they cross borders. I was insisting on starting it right away, since these 2 months are barren, in terms of any major game releases. The next months would have a wave of 'em. So before that happens, we nail this sucker. Trust me, this time, I REALLY mean it.

Well, we can re-schedule in that case. But it's a waste, waiting for the PC version to materialize, that's for sure. Even if the petition pulls through, it would take a long while before they cross borders. I was insisting on starting it right away, since these 2 months are barren, in terms of any major game releases. The next months would have a wave of 'em. So before that happens, we nail this sucker. Trust me, this time, I REALLY mean it.

OK let's take this up after Mass Effect 3? Pretty please? I don't want to be the lone guy playing this with no one discussing it on the boards.
<

You have several other backlogs to finish and so do I. I can take up and finish the Halo series, Bully, Saints Row III, Rayman Origins etc.

Pray and hope this is the much awaited PC port!

On a related note, I need to complete Reckoning quickly. Diablo III is incoming!

That could very well be it. I expect better frame rates, more like 60fps.
<

Here's another scoop from Kotaku:

21968521.jpg

In January, publisher Namco Bandai said that a petition to have cult hit Dark Souls ported to the PC had its "attention". Now, an Australian PC magazine is teasing something a little more substantial.

The newest PC Powerplay mag has hit newsstands, and its back page, teasing next month's issue (pictured above), isn't very subtle. It's got splashed all over it the game's trademark YOU DIED prompt, in the right font and everything.

Given the fact the magazine only hit stands this week, and that Namco are engaged in one of those awful LIKE US FOR NEWS scams over on its Facebook page, the likelihood of this being confirmed later this week actually seems pretty damn high.

Still, it's all 100% unconfirmed at this point, so don't get too excited, OK?

Source: Kotaku

<

Please that one last life - can I haz that for completing some titles quick? Please! I don't want to be tortured during my sleep.

Dude, those et cetera's will keep piling up. Draw a line somewhere and seriously attempt this title. Next month seems deserted to me, with only PROTOTYPE 2 being remotely fetch-worthy title. Besides, I'm trying to club this alongside Skyrim, which is a mammoth feat. So what say you?

Back