Dead Island - Discussion Thread

ROTFLMAO!

Greats pics man. :rofl:

I'm not sure if you noticed this or not, but there were some Lingerie models billboards which were put up on the Island. I know I should have had FRAPS running. :p

Aman27deep said:
Man you guy's don't even invite me for co-op sessions! :'(

It's nothing like that dude. The game has 4 player restriction, just like L4D2 and Borderlands, so we were again limited to our old team. :(

But why not form a team with other members out here? I'm sure there would be folks who would love to co-op this game. Perhaps you and Gannu can co-op this one.

Thanks guys for the appreciation.

Alright the game is and will be downright boring if you play in single player.Even in co-op at first we had a hard time figuring out what to do.
After we got familiar with the game mechanics then the interest for this title slowly crept in.
The main attraction is leveling up and managing your inventory.
Some flaws include.
1.It has some bad weapon selection system.
2.Bad map system.

Not to mention, the voice echo if you use Skype and Steam simultaneously. :mad:

But the game is really turning out to be awesome. After a bumpy start, we have finally managed to level up efficiently and started constructing some bad-ass weapons. :D

Aman27deep said:
you replied (very) late!

This is exactly the reason I wouldn't do co-op sessions. No offense to you Aman, but many a times we find that our partners aren't free when we are and vice versa. :)

Gannu said:
This is exactly the reason I wouldn't do co-op sessions. No offense to you Aman, but many a times we find that our partners aren't free when we are and vice versa. :)

Like I'm free till tomorrow. Then the next time I get back to my beloved desktop would be probably next June (college)

I guess co-ordination is the best way to achieve this. Me and Gannu are doing the same while playing Portal 2. We call up each other and decide when to play. Maintaining offline contact is essential and it shouldn't be restricted to just online chats and PM's. :)

Gannu said:

Yeah i understand. Busy week ahead of me and comp has until tomorrow anyway. And we didn't have 4 players either :(

BTW not offended don't worry Gannu bhai !

See there you go. Form a group and give it a test run. It's not mandatory to have 4 players only. You can have 2 or even 3 players. The essence is to play it with friends and have a blast (which you will). :p

Gannu said:
Right, its difficult (specially 4 players :S) but not impossible :D. We guys are playing Left 4 Dead 2 (2nd play-through on impossible difficulty) since last 5-6 months :p, we play whenever everyone gets time which is not everyday.

tarey_g said:
We guys are playing Left 4 Dead 2 (2nd play-through on impossible difficulty) since last 5-6 months :p, we play whenever everyone gets time which is not everyday.
Exactly! It's not essential to rush into every game's completion. We had completed Borderlands in our own sweet time, TWICE. Took us close to a year I think. :p

Anyway, back on topic. There is no Day/Night cycle in this game. Someone on GFAQS board mentioned there is no night time sequence at all. :S

Back