CPU/Mobo [DISCUSSION] AMD 4700S Desktop Kit

The 120mm fan is in

CCVUUlT.jpg

Temps dropped by 10* wow. Not to mention the noctua fan is super silent even at top speed. Average clocks have also gone up by another 70MHz

CxxvHR6.jpg

The 120mm fan is in

CCVUUlT.jpg

Temps dropped by 10* wow. Not to mention the noctua fan is super silent even at top speed. Average clocks have also gone up by another 70M

Great news. Now the temps look very promising.

Did you use the same mount design as you shared earlier? Because the mount looks different than the design you shared.
Also can you suggest a new cooler to replace the original one. My eyes are on gammax 400. But I am not sure if the cooler mod would be easy with it.

I have an antec a30 lying around but that doesn't appear to fit well.

Last edited:
Great news. Now the temps look very promising.

Did you use the same mount design as you shared earlier? Because the mount looks different than the design you shared.
Also can you suggest a new cooler to replace the original one. My eyes are on gammax 400. But I am not sure if the cooler mod would be easy with it.

I have an antec a30 lying around but that doesn't appear to fit well.

The mount is different and specific to the XP90. This is a cooler from 2005 vintage and doesnt even have support for LGA115x.

Choose something with a copper base or direct heatpipe touch. Size is immaterial as the main problem ehre is taking heat awayf rom the chip, not dissipating it. as always, its beneficial to use liquid metal but you need a cooler with copper/nickel base for it, plus lot of prep to avoid any damage if the liquid metal spills out.

The mount is different and specific to the XP90. This is a cooler from 2005 vintage and doesnt even have support for LGA115x.

Choose something with a copper base or direct heatpipe touch. Size is immaterial as the main problem ehre is taking heat awayf rom the chip, not dissipating it. as always, its beneficial to use liquid metal but you need a cooler with copper/nickel base for it, plus lot of prep to avoid any damage if the liquid metal spills out.

There is also one more thing that is not letting me expeiment much.
I am afraid if I put a cooler directly on the cpu then it may come in contact with the capacitors that are around the cpu and short them.
Did you put anything over them to prevent it?
I won't be going liquid metal, that is something I avoid at all costs.

Hello guyz, firsly I am really happy to have found this forum. I was criticized by my gaming friends so much for the decision of buying this 4700S KIt but I am really happy with the purchase and the performance I am getting at this point is worth it for the price I paid.

So in my case I directly upgraded from C04 to C0A and now by boot process is bugged.
2/10 times it boots fine without any problems.
At all other times, there’s just a black screen with CPU fan at max speed. I’ve tried waiting for quite a while to check if anything happens but no, I have to turn off and on again and this process is repeated over and over. I just have to pray after turning on the system that it gets past the POST and gets into the OS. If not, I have to power off and on and this process wastes a lot of time whenever I need to restart or open my system.

Now I heavily regret upgrading my BIOS because it was running fine with the C04 BIOS. I looked through all the pages in this thread and found some modded BIOS as well as few older versions. Could anyone help me understand what should I do now? Should I try to clear CMOS using the jumper configuration or should I go back to C06 now and then go step by step to C0A again? Or perhaps should I try a modded BIOS? I am in a dilemma and pretty depressed with my choice of upgrading the BIOS.

Note: I used windows cmd to upgrade BIOS. NOT USB.

Hello guyz, firsly I am really happy to have found this forum. I was criticized by my gaming friends so much for the decision of buying this 4700S KIt but I am really happy with the purchase and the performance I am getting at this point is worth it for the price I paid.

So in my case I directly upgraded from C04 to C0A and now by boot process is bugged.
At all other times, there’s just a black screen with CPU fan at max speed. I’ve tried waiting for quite a while to check if anything happens but no, I have to turn off and on again and this process is repeated over and over. I just have to pray after turning on the system that it gets past the POST and gets into the OS. If not, I have to power off and on and this process wastes a lot of time whenever I need to restart or open my system.

Now I heavily regret upgrading my BIOS because it was running fine with the C04 BIOS. I looked through all the pages in this thread and found some modded BIOS as well as few older versions. Could anyone help me understand what should I do now? Should I try to clear CMOS using the jumper configuration or should I go back to C06 now and then go step by step to C0A again? Or perhaps should I try a modded BIOS? I am in a dilemma and pretty depressed with my choice of upgrading the BIOS.

Clear CMOS. Then see if the issue persists.

You should learn to listen to people. You didn't listen to your friends and took this junk, you didn't listen to forum members to upgrade bios by steps and now you broke the bios. Honestly, I don't know what you should do but I suppose calling the warranty would be the best option. Many of these 4700s cards come with different problems, the most common is an abnormal bottleneck in gtx video cards, as mentioned in this video in Portuguese.
after changing to another 4700s the problem was solved and I think mine has this problem too

Update: I tried to clear CMOS using the jumper on mobo. But still same - 50/50 boot chances. Then I went back to C06 > C07 > C08 > C09. Currently I am on C09. This time I used USB flash method to flash each time.

One thing to note though - somebody said that using USB EFI flash it won't automatically shut down after completion of the BIOS upgrade like doing it in windows. But in my case it shut down everytime automatically even when I am doing it from the EFI flash tool in BIOS via USB.

I am still having the same issue. Now I am starting to think that this could be a potential hardware issue. I contacted primeABgb and they asked me to send it back to them and they will check it and send a replacement if hardware issue is found. I am yet to check with a modded BIOS.

So...this happened

Rv2Buul.jpg

Then someone talked me out of this insanity. Decided to try out a simple 120mm fan adapter for the stock heatsink

tnbmmJw.jpg

RQ6W5Xm.jpg

It worked really, really well. The load temps are still at 95* but that's going to happen with any cooler.

aqdBnwp.png

I suggest everyone who wants a cool and quiet 4700S do the same.

Last edited:
A few days ago I decided to buy this kit. The price was 170 dollars and came with an RX 550 (2GB, 64Bit). Some hours later, I saw a Ryzen 4650g for just 100 dollars.
So I kinda regret buying the kit, specially for the limitations regarding SATA (only two) and PCI (zero) ports and also for the thermal problems that are inexistent in the 4650g.
The main advantages of the 4700s over the 4650g is the two extra cores, and the dedicated GPU which I can sell and amortize a better GPU.

A few days ago I decided to buy this kit. The price was 170 dollars and came with an RX 550 (2GB, 64Bit). Some hours later, I saw a Ryzen 4650g for just 100 dollars.
So I kinda regret buying the kit, specially for the limitations regarding SATA (only two) and PCI (zero) ports and also for the thermal problems that are inexistent in the 4650g.
The main advantages of the 4700s over the 4650g is the two extra cores, and the dedicated GPU which I can sell and amortize a better GPU.
4650g for 100 dollars is a great deal. Where did you find that deal?

Hi ¡¡ I need help. I flash the bios to official AMD version COA from windows, and after reboot; the system power on itself ( no need to push power button) the only way to shut down is turning on the PSU. and besides the fans and mobo turns on, there's nothing on the screen. no bios. no SSD activity. only black screen. I know this mobo has a Spi port to go backwards after a fail flash, but I dont know how to do it. Please help. Thanks in advance. best regards.

Hi ¡¡ I need help. I flash the bios to official AMD version COA from windows, and after reboot; the system power on itself ( no need to push power button) the only way to shut down is turning on the PSU. and besides the fans and mobo turns on, there's nothing on the screen. no bios. no SSD activity. only black screen. I know this mobo has a Spi port to go backwards after a fail flash, but I dont know how to do it. Please help. Thanks in advance. best regards.
First try disconnecting everything from the the board all USB devices and the boot drive/SSD.

Reset the BIOS using the jumper pin on the board.

Boot with the only GPU connected. If you get display then power off and connect the other devices starting with keyboard and mouse.

My unit has been sitting for a month now and I really want to give it a try. my only concern is that how it will perform if I pair it with rx 6400. I'm aware that there is severe bottlenecking on higher end cards but how about rx6400/gtx 1050ti, will it be good enough? I will be completely fine if the gpu performance don't degrade more than 20%.

4650g for 100 dollars is a great deal. Where did you find that deal?
I live in Argentina so it's probably a little bit far away...

Now, I'm using the machine. I had some troubles buiding it but now it works fine.
I also installed the C0A bios update with no troubles.
I runned Cinebench while doing other things and the CPU temperatures stayed at 85°C with the fan at 3500 rpm max. Ok, it's winter here so room temps are 16°C.
I played CS-GO at 720p medium and get 90 fps, next I overclocked the gpu (RX 550) with AMD Adrenalin and get 130 fps.
Things are looking great for this kit

I haven't made any changes to the motherboard cooler yet, the fan is still the default. I installed 4 high cfm fans (74) in the case and it was money wasted, as the motherboard was stuck at 55 degrees idle. Today I decided to test something I saw on the internet called positive pressure, where the air pressure should be more inward than outward. I turned all the fans inside the case and left only a small 80mm outside, the result is that the motherboard managed to hit 48 degrees at idle. In stress test the result is still the same, it is locked at 95 degrees. And it's pretty noisy here.

Screenshot (12).png

temperature in my neighborhood at the time of this one was 28°C, I don't know about my room but it wasn't much different

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to remove the cpu cooler screws(ones that attach to mb)? I am not able to remove them.
Or maybe you can recommend why I can buy them?

Back