Dishonored - Discussion Thread

Dam you're good man. I always end up with a body being found and someone or the other noticing me. Will be starting mission 4 in sometime. I'll post my mission stats after that. :)

^^
Trust me that was in hard mode and its damn easy.The AI is dumb.
Do these
1.Never leave the bodies in open try to stash them in a garbage bin(hard to find) or just blink to a rooftop or any safe elevated structures and leave it there so that it becomes inaccessible to everyone except you.
2.Always crouch or else you will make noise.Otherwise you can always buy special shoes from piero Black_Hawk may provide some other infos too as he has completed this game twice.
Yes do post your stats too.

Ethan_Hunt
:

Mate, as quan chi stated in his post... always stash bodies in safe locations... locations where guards don't patrol. Sometimes I actually spend time from a safe location studying guard movements when I went for my 100% stealth run of the game. Also, avoid KO-ing guards as far as possible. Use Blink and Dark Vision and use them some more! These 2 powers are tremendously helpful when your keeping it quiet and getting by unnoticed. I played through the game once where I KO-ed a lot of guards, collected all the runes and as a result had many bodies being found as well... left me kind of feeling a meh after ending the game because I've always been a squaky cleaner in stealth games ever since my Splinter Cell days back in my college days! So then I decided to go for the stealth run and got my head together and completed the game with overall 1 body found in the entire game. When I did my stealth runs I basically stuck to higher ground as much as possible using Blink, and only KO-ed guards when necessary and made sure to hide their bodies in safe places. Possession also makes certain situations like getting by a well patrolled area easier. :)

Regarding the stealth shoes: It's called 'Boot Stealth' and has 2 levels you can upgrade which significantly reduces footstep sound. It can be got from Piero's shop for some coins and after getting the blueprint for it. The particular blueprint is available in mission 4 'The Royal Physician". Exact locations of all the blueprints found in the game are listed here mate:

Dishonored Blueprint Upgrade Locations

quan chi: Congratulations on completing the game mate on full stealth! :eek:hyeah:

Awesome thanks! I got that blueprint, while canvassing the locations in mission 4. I like night time missions mostly, which is why I really enjoyed the Golden Cat one. Hope there's more. :D

Completed the game a few minutes back and I'm really happy with the entire content this game had to offer. I wouldn't really label it as a Game of the Year, but it was definitely a different stealth experience. The missions were neatly designed and the mix of stealth and action was fused very well. I wanted to do a full stealth play-through, but had to cut a few corners initially trying to learn the ropes and later, trying to complete the side objectives. I have to agree with Quan Chi on the AI being super dumb. At one point, when I was in the Dunwall Tower (Return to the Tower mission), I entered this room which just had the maid in it. I managed to go right next to her, stand up and there was no reaction. I bet, I could put my hand on her shoulder and smoke a pipe; even then she wouldn't have noticed me. :p

We again got a mute protagonist. I can't for the life of me figure out, why developers do that. It's a seriously retarded decision. We don't even get to see Crovo's face, until the end. The upgrades and supernatural power were awesome. The graphics were nothing to write home about. Performance was steady and next to no bugs (not for me at least). The quick save function was a life save for the stealth play-through, as I had to re-load multiple times to get things right. I managed to clock 23 hours and 25 minutes in the game. Just as it was stated by the developers for a good stealth play-through.

So over-all, I'd say it was a really good effort from Arkane Studios. Hope to see more of their projects. I'll post my mission stats tomorrow. Too sleepy at the moment. ;)

Im just awaiting episode 5 of walking dead to come out and seal the deal for game of the year and dishonored should be best action adventure game

We again got a mute protagonist. I can't for the life of me figure out, why developers do that. It's a seriously retarded decision.
Far Cry 3 is one of the few AAA first-person games to come out in recent years to not have a mute protagonist. :) Thank God for that!

As promised, here are my stats:

32440809.jpg

72780321.jpg

16957390.jpg

99806330.jpg

50517423.jpg

89749644.jpg

14336130.jpg

86686138.jpg

41842327.jpg

Very nicely done @Ethan_Hunt, neat stealthy run.

But one question I see the in the levels 'The Flooded District' and 'Return to the Tower' the 'Didn't Kill Anyone' box is unchecked. Who did you end up killing, specifically in the Flooded District level?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Black_Hawk. I could have done better and got away without any kills too, but some side quests had made it mandatory to execute a few NPCs. So it was a toss between letting go of the side quest or the 'no kill' aspect; I chose the latter.

As for the kills:

I killed Granny Rags in 'The Flooded District'. I didn't particularly want to save Slackjaw, but as soon as she sent those Rats after me, my killer instincts kicked in and it was game ON. In 'Return to the Tower', I had to kill the Torturer. I tried to douse him with a sleep dart (and his mutt), but it didn't complete the side mission (unlike the Lord Shaw duel in Lady Boyle's Last Party mission). So I decided to perform a Shadow Kill on him and I was glad I did that, considering what the way he was mercilessly whipping that corpse. The prick deserved.

Very nicely done ethan,You're right some quests are designed to killing some person which keeps the kill ratio up,The latter stages are easier to stay anonymous cause they're more dark places in it.
I could have done better and got away without any kills too, but some side quests had made it mandatory to execute a few NPCs. So it was a toss between letting go of the side quest or the 'no kill' aspect; I chose the latter.

As for the kills:

I killed Granny Rags in 'The Flooded District'. I didn't particularly want to save Slackjaw, but as soon as she sent those Rats after me, my killer instincts kicked in and it was game ON. In 'Return to the Tower', I had to kill the Torturer. I tried to douse him with a sleep dart (and his mutt), but it didn't complete the side mission (unlike the Lord Shaw duel in Lady Boyle's Last Party mission). So I decided to perform a Shadow Kill on him and I was glad I did that, considering what the way he was mercilessly whipping that corpse. The prick deserved.

Very nicely done ethan,You're right some quests are designed to killing some person which keeps the kill ratio up,The latter stages are easier to stay anonymous cause they're more dark places in it.

Also in the latter stages, you get enough runes to unlock most of your abilities. It's a good thing I maxed out my 'Bend Time' ability towards the end. I abused it extensively in the final chapter. ;)

Yeah later you find 5 runes in one mission that makes it easier,Most easiest level was the final one everyone was spread out,Getting inside was a little pain but once you're in you can kill basically anyone easy.I didn't use the 'Bend time' much cause it used very high amount of mana.Still if you want to play stealth then there are only few powers you can use,Most powers are designed for killing swiftly.
Also in the latter stages, you get enough runes to unlock most of your abilities. It's a good thing I maxed out my 'Bend Time' ability towards the end. I abused it extensively in the final chapter. ;)

Thank you Black_Hawk. I could have done better and got away without any kills too, but some side quests had made it mandatory to execute a few NPCs. So it was a toss between letting go of the side quest or the 'no kill' aspect; I chose the latter.
[/spoiler]
I think only one side quest makes the kill mandatory like you said is "The Torturer" in "Return to the tower" quest.For others you can easily complete them using sleep darts or stealth.
Yeah later you find 5 runes in one mission that makes it easier,Most easiest level was the final one everyone was spread out,Getting inside was a little pain but once you're in you can kill basically anyone easy.I didn't use the 'Bend time' much cause it used very high amount of mana.Still if you want to play stealth then there are only few powers you can use,Most powers are designed for killing swiftly.
bend times comes handy in tight situations where you dont have any other options but to kill.Like in the loyalist mission.

I didn't use the 'Bend time' much cause it used very high amount of mana.Still if you want to play stealth then there are only few powers you can use,Most powers are designed for killing swiftly.

Yes, the mana consumption was extremely high. However, I would always have 10 vials of Piero's Spiritual Remedy and rarely ever used them. Most of my mana usage was with Blink and Dark Vision. I would also equip the Spirit Water bone charm, if my mana needed refilling, whenever a faucet was around. :)

quan chi said:
I think only one side quest makes the kill mandatory like you said is "The Torturer" in "Return to the tower" quest.For others you can easily complete them using sleep darts or stealth.

You could sleep dart Granny Rags? I never tried it. To be honest, I didn't even think about it

^Yes it does come in handy for stealth play,Basically nothing to hide i activated Rats Possession,Shadow kill,Shoes upgrades,Dark Vision and Teleportation at full.I never felt like leaving guys alive who betrayed so i went on a rampage but still in stealth.:p

Back