Dishonored - Discussion Thread

I didn't get why Samuel gets upset with corvo before the final mission,He calls the enemy by hitting a gunshot in the air,He saves corvo from poisoning in the earlier mission, I was a bit confused there.
You could sleep dart Granny Rags? I never tried it. To be honest, I didn't even think about it

Yes you can do it or even stealth her.But before that if i remember correctly you have to destroy her cameo.

I did burn the Cameo and the next immediate mission update popped up saying we need to face her one last time. So I Shadow Killed her. :p

I didn't get why Samuel gets upset with corvo before the final mission,He calls the enemy by hitting a gunshot in the air,He saves corvo from poisoning in the earlier mission, I was a bit confused there.

Samuel Upset with Corvo? Did I miss something? We fire the flare which signals him to arrive with his boat in the second last mission. It could be an alternate sequence for High Chaos play-through perhaps? Do you have a YouTube link for it?

Jakob: This only happens on a high chaos play-through of the game when you've killed a lot of people. On low chaos and medium chaos it won't happen.

On medium chaos Samuel will express his resentment that Corvo has killed quite a few people and should leave his boat and that he does not want to see Corvo ever again. On low chaos he won't do anything and peacefully pilots the boat away after leaving Corvo on Kingsparrow Island.

[h=1]Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials DLC dated, priced and screened[/h]
Dishonored’s first DLC add-on pack Dunwall City Trials has been officially announced by Bethesda. The publisher has also released screens into the wild. Check them out below.

Dunwall City Trials will be available across all territories from December 11th, launching on PS3 and PC at $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99, and on Xbox Live at 400 MS Points.

The pack includes ten challenge maps that will put Corvo’s tealthy skill-set to the test. Challenges include killing as many targets as possible within a time limit, surviving against waves of Tallboy, guards and weepers, and more.

Your progress will be tracked via global leaderboards, and gamerscore fiends can also earn themselves new achievements and trophies.

Source: Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials DLC dated, priced and screened | VG247

[h=1]Dishonored title update 1.2 fixes bugs, supports multiple screen play[/h]Arkane has released a title update for Dishonored which fixes various bugs and supports playing the game on multiple screens.

Update 1.2 is available for all formats, and contains the following fixes:

• Support for playing the game on multiple screens.
  • Game Settings are now saved and restored properly even when using Steam offline.
  • Fixes for some interactions with Granny Rags that invalidated nonlethal playthroughs under certain circumstances. (Note: These fixes work even for savegames AFTER the final Granny Rags encounter.)
  • Fix for a crash that could happen during loading/transition between areas – notably near Dr. Galvani’s house.
  • Reworked “Choke” interaction to make it more reliable in valid contexts.
  • Fixed minor localization issues (PS3/360).
  • Fixed global post-process that sometimes worked improperly during some missions.
  • Fix for a rare crash that could happen when killing a NPC with a possessed rat and spring razor (PS3/360)

Source: Dishonored title update 1.2 fixes bugs, supports multiple screen play | VG247

^^ OMG!! :scared14:

I will come back to this game again after I'm done with FC3. I have a special challenge for myself to get through this game on the hardest difficulty without using any of the powers at all.

This is one of the very very few games that stayed with me weeks after finishing it. The last game that did this to me was Metro 2033.

Finished the game a few days back . Got the low chaos ending.

most runes collected
most shrines collected
granny rags killed.
Killed the assassin master.
heretic marked Campbell , saved the uncle
distilarry contaminated.
no real progress with the Sokolov portraits.
Completed all side missions when ever I found them.
got the safe code from the paint dealer.
torturer tortured.
sokolov and Pierre saved and prototype used, in non lethal way.
the general assassinated.
Princess saved. Earned sanctuary by her mother's tomb after death.

^^ OMG!! :scared14:

I will come back to this game again after I'm done with FC3. I have a special challenge for myself to get through this game on the hardest difficulty without using any of the powers at all.

What do you exactly mean by "without using any powers"?

If you play it on stealth then difficulty won't matter much.
If you play it without stealth and you don't use the powers then it becomes like a generic shooter (although two handed).

I thought of completing the game without using Blink mainly and still going the stealth way but I've decided against it as I now feel it wouldn't be much fun to do so. Also, I think I had my fun with this game and there are too many new titles I haven't touched yet. I have the entire Walking Dead saga waiting for me after I'm done with Far Cry 3 which I'm presently into. The Walking Dead episodes have been very strongly recommended by @Gannu since a long time.

Not to mention my new PS3 and Uncharted is lying as well! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to my accident, managed to finish this game. Pretty good game. I always like stealth, anyways.

I saved like more than 50-60 times for this game, don't think ever used so many saves before, for any game.

Low chaos ending.

I got a feeling this game too wasnt as sandbox as it should have been. It said you can proceed any way u want. But i felt the game was pushing you more for a stealth approach with least kills. Not only that if u happen to chose other approaches you will be punished with more rats and weepers. The game is awesome but still feel it could have delivered more if it was ok to play it anyway we wanted. FC3 too had this issue, but only while taking over outposts. Rest u were free to blast through.

I got a feeling this game too wasnt as sandbox as it should have been. It said you can proceed any way u want. But i felt the game was pushing you more for a stealth approach with least kills. Not only that if u happen to chose other approaches you will be punished with more rats and weepers. The game is awesome but still feel it could have delivered more if it was ok to play it anyway we wanted. FC3 too had this issue, but only while taking over outposts. Rest u were free to blast through.

This game, if it had sandbox elements, would be really easy to get lost in. Same happened with Arkham city (for me). I'm not exactly a fan of sandbox elements in all the games. Some games are best linear.

As far as not killing goes... you get the best ending (I think) if you don't kill anyone. So maybe they stressed it for that reason.

I killed 2 or 3 guards, that too all by mistake. Choose to kill evil twins, spared the queen murderer as he was manipulated, destroyed grannyhags and the usual.

If there's a sequel, I don't think this game needs one. Corvo and the little girl got a nice ending. But, nowadays every single successful game is converted into a franchise and milked, so won't be surprised.

This game, if it had sandbox elements, would be really easy to get lost in. Same happened with Arkham city (for me). I'm not exactly a fan of sandbox elements in all the games. Some games are best linear.
I completely agree with you on this. Too much sandbox elements is destroying a few games.
Just merely mentioning that the devs was emphasizing on multiple approaches and still they push you for the silent one.

Still havent finished the game ... on progress now .. so not sure about the endings.

And a sequel is inevitable, it seems to be the FOTM now. Maybe they will treat it like bioshock and make a whole new story with same gameplay.

Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall releasing in April

The Knife of Dunwall, which is the second add-on pack for Dishonored, will release in April on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

In The Knife of Dunwall, players take on the role of Daud, a legendary assassin who killed the Empress. You will be privy to his weapons, gadgets, allies and supernatural abilities.
Here’s the synopsis:
After assassinating the Empress, and forever changing the fate of Dunwall, you embark on a search for redemption. The Outsider reveals the key to your atonement, but who—or what—is Delilah?
Accompanied by the Whalers, your loyal band of mercenary assassins, your search will take you through never-before-seen districts of Dunwall as you face off against new and terrible foes. Employ a unique arsenal of new weapons and powers that enhance Dishonored’s dynamic combat, mobility and stealth systems.

In the struggle to hang onto the last shred of your humanity, the choices you make will ultimately determine your fate.

New Powers, Weapons and Gadgets: The mark of the Outsider empowers you with unique supernatural abilities. Call upon the Whalers to assist in combat with ‘Summon Assassin’, track down hidden Runes and Bone Charms with ‘Void Gaze’ and learn to use new variations to powers, including ‘Blink’. To aid in your dangerous exploits your customized arsenal of weapons and gadgets will include Chokedust to daze your enemies, whale oil powered Stun Mines to shock your targets, and a concealed Wristbow to launch sleep darts and explosive bolts.
  • Explore More of Dunwall: Make your way through the Legal District and infiltrate the Rothwild Slaughterhouse, a steaming factory filled with colossal whale carcasses and their hulking butchers. Revisit the decaying Flooded District, the location of Daud’s hidden base, first seen in the original game. Return to the scenes of key events in Dishonored with a new perspective, including the fateful moment that sets off Corvo’s journey.
  • Choose Your Path: On your search for answers, approach each mission with your own style. Your redemption – or your turn towards darkness – depends on your skills and the decisions you make. Discover the mystery behind Delilah in this stand-alone chapter, and then conclude Daud’s story in the upcoming final add-on, The Brigmore Witches.
Additional story details on the third and final add-on pack, The Brigmore Witches, will be revealed closer to launch.
Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall will release globally on April 16 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and on April 17 for PS3 in the UK.

It will run you $9.99/£7.99/€9.99/AU$14.45/800 MS Points.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/13/dishonored-the-knife-of-dunwall-releasing-in-april/

Back