Dishonored - Discussion Thread

Guys does river krusts count as enemies too for no kill achievement?.Damn i dont remember killing anyone in this idiotic level except blasting few river krusts with mines but still WTF! is this?:bomb:

No mate, River Krust kills do not count as enemy kills. I remember having tried multiple times to get a flat zero in all the stats for this particular level.

Since I'm about to start this game, how long should it take me to complete the ghost play-through? How difficult is it?

Since I'm about to start this game, how long should it take me to complete the ghost play-through? How difficult is it?

Depends actually. It might take a while initially but it becomes easier later. Shouldn't be beyond 12 to 14 hours tops for a complete stealth playthrough.

It's pretty simple as well. You have infinite quick-saves. :p

Ethan_Hunt: I agree with Gannu, should not take you more than 12 hours ghosting your way through the game. Besides the multiple quick-saving/hard-saving options the powers you have in the game and leveling them up (atleast a couple of them that come to my mind straightaway!) make the game much easier when ghosting.

No mate, River Krust kills do not count as enemy kills. I remember having tried multiple times to get a flat zero in all the stats for this particular level.
Then is it a bug? I never made 4 kills WTF!!
The game is damn easy if you have completed hitman series with silent assassin ranking.I am playing in hard and feels like easy mode.Enemies are funny.But this game has the ability to hold you on to your seat if you follow the stealth path.Otherwise i think it will be boring.

Then is it a bug? I never made 4 kills WTF!!

Might be but let me ask you a few things first:

1. Are you sure you didn't KO anyone and place their body on a staircase? Sometimes throwing/stashing the bodies of KO-ed enemies on staircases kills them and that means it'll count as a kill!

2. Are you sure you didn't sleep dart/KO any of those Ninja assassins on rooftops in this level and keep them at precarious positions on the rooftops? What happens is the bodies slowly slide from the rooftop and might fall onto the ground below. This fall makes the enemy die and counts as a kill as well.

3. Hope you didn't kill Granny Rags.

Might be but let me ask you a few things first:
1. Are you sure you didn't KO anyone and place their body on a staircase? Sometimes throwing/stashing the bodies of KO-ed enemies on staircases kills them and that means it'll count as a kill!

A. Hmmm...Not in staircase but above cupboards.

2. Are you sure you didn't sleep dart/KO any of those Ninja assassins on rooftops in this level and keep them at precarious positions on the rooftops? What happens is the bodies slowly slide from the rooftop and might fall onto the ground
Below.This fall makes the enemy die and counts as a kill as well.
A. No never.
3. Hope you didn't kill Granny Rags.
A. No.I burned her cameo first then took her down.

answered

What the....? How does stashing bodies near the staircases kill them? I just started the first level yesterday, was able to sneak up on the guards and stash them in the dark areas. How would I know if I killed someone? Is it only by the stats at the end of the level? If so, then this would suck. Also, I've heard that stashing KO'd bodies can also lead to them being fed-on by rats and thus count as a kill? WTF?

Is there anything else I should know about?

^^
Yes the game sometimes acts too realistic.Inspite of having funny enemies.You kill a person and throw the body in the water.It counts as a kill.You leave the body on staircase and if its not balanced it will tumble down and would be credited as a kill,If you sleep dart a guard standing near water and if he fells into it its a kill.Rats one i think is also true.

Well that's just great. :(

Anyway, did anyone manage to find Jelly's safe combination in the Sewers? His notes hinted about looking at Wiskey, but where is this bottle?

What the....? How does stashing bodies near the staircases kill them? I just started the first level yesterday, was able to sneak up on the guards and stash them in the dark areas. How would I know if I killed someone? Is it only by the stats at the end of the level? If so, then this would suck. Also, I've heard that stashing KO'd bodies can also lead to them being fed-on by rats and thus count as a kill? WTF?

Is there anything else I should know about?

KO-ing a guard and stashing a body on the staircase apparently sometimes kills them, yes. I'm guessing mostly it's because of the the guard's body landing on uneven staircase ground that does it... lol! Stashing KO-ed bodies near rat swarms count as a kills as the rats eat them. Also, if you KO an enemy and decide to throw the body into the water it'll instantly count as a kill and if you leave bodies of KO-ed enemies on slanted rooftops they will in time slide to the ground and that will count as a kill as well.

Tip: After you KO an enemy and stash him somewhere safe and away from rat swarms just move near the body and it should say 'Unconscious' proving he isn't dead. :)

Things which do not count as kills are:

1. When you kill those nasty River Krusts.
2. When you kill Hounds.
3. When you kill Rats or Fish (even after de-possessing them).
4. When a game NPC kills another NPC.

quan chi: You took Granny Rags down as in you sleep darted her? You seem to have done everything right mate in the mission, I really don't know how those kills got shown in the stats screen. Surely a bug then.

EDIT:
@Ethan_Hunt: Jelly's safe is in the sewers. There is a shelf at the back of the said safe which contains a few bottles. Pick up those bottles and place them elsewhere and you will see the combination written on the shelf itself behind where the bottles were. Btw, if it's too dark and you can't see the wooden shelf behind the safe... increase the game's brightness and the shelf with the bottles will become visible. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
quan chi: You took Granny Rags down as in you sleep darted her? You seem to have done everything right mate in the mission, I really don't know how those kills got shown in the stats screen. Surely a bug then.

I escaped flooded district without going for my gear. Had to put her unconscious melee way.

I have started the game recently,what powers do you guys recommend having ??
I find blink really useful,apart from that i haven't purchased anything

I have started the game recently,what powers do you guys recommend having ??
I find blink really useful,apart from that i haven't purchased anything

I would recommend having and leveling up the following powers: Blink, Dark Vision, Possession and Bend Time. Be sure to collect those Runes and Bone Charms for added bonuses.

On completion of the first mission, I got 1 kill, 1 body found and Low chaos level. Not sure how either of them happened, or where for that matter.

In the second chapter, I'm trying to avoid any confrontation and just move swiftly. The newly acquired power, Blink, really helps. I have upgraded Dark Vision fully. Love the narrations which happen if you have the heart in your hand. This game has a very BioShocky feel to it. :D

WOW! I'm totally engrossed in this game. I'm 10 hours in the game now and am just halfway through the Golden Cat mission. I'm exploring every nook and corner, completing every side quest and going the non-lethal way, as much as possible. In the second mission, my stats mildly improved. I got zero kills, 1 unconscious body found and all runes collected. The alternate ways this game provides for non-lethal approach is amazing. I stayed up till 2:00AM last night on the edge of my seat trying to complete the second mission. I have chose to aid Slackjaw in this mission to get the job done in a silent manner. Thank you Dark Souls for teaching me patience. Else, I never would have spent so much time in this game. :p

Back