Dishonored - Discussion Thread

Ram, get this game, beg, borrow, steal *buy* (cough cough). Somehow just get it and experience it, pray it gets a HD-resolution texture pack and set the FOV over 70 and go out on an adventure that will get you interested in gaming all over again.

This is definitely one of the best sleeper-hit titles this year along with Spec Ops: The Line for me. These games might not have reinvented the wheel but they sure have pimped it out.

Try this one or Mark of the Ninja. You should be back in no time. :)

Guess I ll go with this game to get my game face back on! :devil:

teracore, tufel, kauzy - guys since you've completed the title, there's something I wanted to ask related to one of the choices you've made during your playthrough.

1. Did you guys spare Daud? I chose to kill him. What was the outcome if his life was spared?

2. When you are asked to get the sewer key and confront Granny Rags/Slackjaw, whom did you side with? I chose to help Slackjaw and killed Granny Rags. Did any of you side with the witch? What was the outcome?

I think these 2 were the reasons the chaos level went high! Because I neutralised all the remaining threats using the dart that turns them into ashes.

teracore, tufel, kauzy - guys since you've completed the title, there's something I wanted to ask related to one of the choices you've made during your playthrough.

1. Did you guys spare Daud? I chose to kill him. What was the outcome if his life was spared?

2. When you are asked to get the sewer key and confront Granny Rags/Slackjaw, whom did you side with? I chose to help Slackjaw and killed Granny Rags. Did any of you side with the witch? What was the outcome?

I think these 2 were the reasons the chaos level went high! Because I neutralised all the remaining threats using the dart that turns them into ashes.

hope my spoiler tags work :p

my chaos level was never high i reckon.. even when i had killed a few people..

1. i chose to kill granny rags.. she was irritating :p though the ending didn't mention anything bout her or slackjaw

2. didn't kill daud.. just made him unconscious..

i hardly killed any of the targets.. even the peddleton brothers, i sent them to the mines :p

I spared him on my second playthrough, ending didn't mention about him or his assassins i think.

I killed that annoying b**ch on my both playthrough, again she was not mentioned in the ending. I will spare her on my current playthrough. :p

I am on chapter 4(Kaldwin's Bridge) and have not killed anyone yet. I wish there was restriction to saving multiple times in Dishonored, you can save unlimited times even on hardest difficulty. :(

1. I killed Daud. Why? He was ugly.:| I believe the only thing it does is increase your Chaos level.

2. I first killed Granny Rags, then extorted Slackjaw for GOLD. Later I cut him in half:yes:. Brutal Me.

Woah careful with the spoilers dude! Added them for you.

Anyways, I am done with the title. I am not sure what ending this qualifies as but I guess this is the neutral ending. Here's what I got:

At the top of the lighthouse, Havelock had Emily almost killed but I shot him down and rescued Emily before she fell to her death. And then a small cutscene ensues which shows Emily being throned as the Empress, the city is overrun by the plague and Corvo's tombstone is shown as the screen fades into the credits sequence.

All said and done, this was one hell of a ride! Thoroughly loved it from the start till the end. Like I mentioned before, it reminded me of a lot of good titles I had played sometime back - Thief, Hitman, Bioshock (all their sequels are due eventually!). The visuals weren't as much as a letdown as I'd thought it to be, going by the general feedback. There were a few gripes with the storyline though - not much has been told about certain things in the game - the Outsider, the Void for instance. (All we know was the Outsider whose realm was the Void, was aiding Corvo through his course but who was he in reality?)

Nonetheless, great level designs, commendable voice acting, stupid AI (forgiven for the other good traits of the game), flexible gameplay length - this is a good title worth a couple of playthroughs. I rest my case.

Good job Arkane Studios and Bethesda, please promote the game like you do to the rest of your titles. And please lower the prices of your publications. :|

In my playthrough.. emily was just locked in a room, the keys were on the desk.. i killed havelock (coz he was an asshole) and then rescued her.. i had an option of choking him, but screw him, coz of him, i had to play 2-3 more chapters :p

also, i wonder what wud've been the outcome had I killed granny rags at the first time.. when she was singing that irritating song, granny granny where r u n blah blah..

Yeah I saw all the endings on YouTube. On low Chaos, you get the perfect ending. I got the neutral one but there's something even worse!

PS: Corrected the spoiler. It wasn't showing up correctly. Since I've used '1' before. :p

Difference in the visuals after applying SweetFX filter:

snip...

dude is it a mod? and where can I get it?

atm I can get like 135 fps in the game with a all settings turned up to max on PC lol.. so sweetfx shouldnt be heavy at all for my system which btw is not that much of a monster rig at all both cpu wise and gpu wise...

Why isn't there an in game map? Or am I missing something?

I think it is a concious decision by the developers, a few points I can muster after playing the title --
  • A map will take up space on the HUD;
  • When you drop hints on the map, the player stops using certain abilities. In this case, the listening heart will become redundant;
  • Lack of structure in missions, I never felt forced to do a mission OR the area did not go into lock-down mode, I can keep shuffling between maps / spaces.
  • The verticality of the structures / map area is enhanced;
  • Forces the player to explore the situation instead of shoe-horning him to a single approach.
This is just my opinion I can be wrong. Cheerio!

dude is it a mod? and where can I get it?

atm I can get like 135 fps in the game with a all settings turned up to max on PC lol.. so sweetfx shouldnt be heavy at all for my system which btw is not that much of a monster rig at all both cpu wise and gpu wise...

It won't affect the performance. Check this video out to see how it functions:

The golden cat mission was tooo short
What gives?
Wasnt it suposed to be the best mission in the game?
I didint run and gun but even then

Why isn't there an in game map? Or am I missing something?
I think thats the purpose of the game.It really is fun finding areas yourself thats why theres no map.Inclusion of a map would have made it easier.

Anyways i think from chapter two real fun starts i am stuck there for more than an hour i think.Stealth is really fun here especially the speed move.:D

I think it is a concious decision by the developers, a few points I can muster after playing the title --
  • A map will take up space on the HUD;
  • When you drop hints on the map, the player stops using certain abilities. In this case, the listening heart will become redundant;
  • Lack of structure in missions, I never felt forced to do a mission OR the area did not go into lock-down mode, I can keep shuffling between maps / spaces.
  • The verticality of the structures / map area is enhanced;
  • Forces the player to explore the situation instead of shoe-horning him to a single approach.
This is just my opinion I can be wrong. Cheerio!

Not in-HUD map, rather a pull up map. Just to see where am I. I met some guy who gave a combination to a safe in "The Bunkhouse". Where is it? No clue. Went around the whole map and slaughtered everybody, even the dogs and the rats, but no bunkhouse. Sadface.

Not in-HUD map, rather a pull up map. Just to see where am I. I met some guy who gave a combination to a safe in "The Bunkhouse". Where is it? No clue. Went around the whole map and slaughtered everybody, even the dogs and the rats, but no bunkhouse. Sadface.

Was this in the 'Golden Cat' mission?

If yes, then did you speak to 'SlackJaw'?

Did you find out what happened to his minion.

Finally did you try to explore every building in the map?

Also, every side mission is marked on HUD when it is given / initiated / exposited?

Back