eBay India Hot Deals and Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
thenvk said:
But how to overcome the Mobile number/verification thing?
Shortage of mobile numbers is never an issue for me, since XXXXX-XXXXX always work(but should be area specific):bleh:

thenvk said:
But how to overcome the Mobile number/verification thing?

1. Normally it doesnt ask for mobile number verification if the IP is Indian IP. I was asked verification only when I tried registering on my remote PC in US Office.
  2. Even if they ask, you can give the same landline number for more than 1 ID. (Think of it as one office incoming - all the employees would naturally give that number) I've done this and it works
  3. My point 1 holds fact since they just send some Auth code / call and tell you some Auth code all through some automated system (just like the banking sites) - this is to prevent non-Indian users posing as Indian users and committing fraud.

thogaibalu said:
  1. Normally it doesnt ask for mobile number verification if the IP is Indian IP. I was asked verification only when I tried registering on my remote PC in US Office.
  2. Even if they ask, you can give the same landline number for more than 1 ID. (Think of it as one office incoming - all the employees would naturally give that number) I've done this and it works
  3. My point 1 holds fact since they just send some Auth code / call and tell you some Auth code all through some automated system (just like the banking sites) - this is to prevent non-Indian users posing as Indian users and committing fraud.

I created a new account and used the ICICI coupon and paid for an item. The payment was approved. After 2-3 hours I got a mail saying my account was suspended, I can appeal the suspension if I want by sending them ID proof etc. :(

varkey said:
I created a new account and used the ICICI coupon and paid for an item. The payment was approved. After 2-3 hours I got a mail saying my account was suspended, I can appeal the suspension if I want by sending them ID proof etc. :(

Oh. This is sad. Lets hope that amount is not big and they repay it promptly.

varkey said:

If the name you have given during the creation of the ID is genuine, whats the problem ?
Just scan & send any ID documents or in case they want physically then send them the xerox by post.
The problem starts if you have used a fictitious name

I was reading the terms and conditions of the ICICI offer and there is no mention of multiple accounts. AFAIK ebay allows multiple accounts. So can I create a new account in my name and use this ICICI offer? Problem is I have been using the ICICI netbanking account to make payments for myself and my family members on ebay. This offer will require a fresh card (never used on ebay)?
Earlier I thought it was possible but varkey's banning has now left me clueless.

I created a new account and used the ICICI coupon and paid for an item. The payment was approved. After 2-3 hours I got a mail saying my account was suspended, I can appeal the suspension if I want by sending them ID proof etc.
\

No matter what you do, your acc will never be reinstated. But you will receive the item at the discounted price :)

arjun123 said:
I was reading the terms and conditions of the ICICI offer and there is no mention of multiple accounts. AFAIK ebay allows multiple accounts. So can I create a new account in my name and use this ICICI offer? Problem is I have been using the ICICI netbanking account to make payments for myself and my family members on ebay. This offer will require a fresh card (never used on ebay)?
Earlier I thought it was possible but varkey's banning has now left me clueless.

It doesnt require fresh icici card.

Ya. But fresh ebay acoount is must.

thenvk said:
\

No matter what you do, your acc will never be reinstated. But you will receive the item at the discounted price :)

For a suspended account, seller will simply refuse payment by refund to keep him safer side, these are recommended instructions.

I paid for an item using my paypal in ebay.com and due to some reason the account is suspending saying it is already linked to someother suspended account..

Is it due to the paypal account..? Will be the same result if i use new ebay account paying with payapl..?

shravank30 said:
If the name you have given during the creation of the ID is genuine, whats the problem ?
Just scan & send any ID documents or in case they want physically then send them the xerox by post.
The problem starts if you have used a fictitious name

The name is genuine, but was wondering on what basis they suspend accounts.

Also previously an account of mine got suspended, it had good feedbacks etc. I tried to appeal the suspension many times and sent all required documents, but they never reinstated the account.

Anyway even if the seller doesn't ship the items, Paisapay will process the refund automatically so I will definitely get the money back.

thenvk - Actually two of my accounts got suspended within few hours of payment, and one seller actually shipped the item yesterday and I just got the mail from eBay with the tracking details. :clap:

Hope every seller does the same :p

varkey said:

I ordered a Car duster from my wife's account and paid yesterday 9.00AM through Paisapay using Rs.150 code. Got a mail soon saying the payment is under process and it will be done within 24 hours during which time they may call to confirm, after which both buyer and seller will be notified. Still she didn't receive any call and the status is still "under process"! Previously they used to be prompt.

sumatrix said:
ebay doesn approve multiple accounts on the same name .its clearly mentioned in their terms

But it is my wife's account in her name, phone no. is different and address too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back