English TV series discussion

That's it! I'm officially dumping Community. It's a miracle I got past the first 3 episode of the current season without attempting a gag-reflex. But it's gotten absurd beyond reason.

Also, Banshee's season finale is on today and the anticipation is almost killing me. Will have to wait a whole ****in' year for the next season.

Just finished Prison break and it was slow but good!
But now can't watch any more thrillers. Need a break.

Suggest me some light hearted comedy shows like friends or bbt.
Already watched HIMYM, BBT, Frnds. Didn't like Two and a half men and Community.

Suddenly, Spartacus' last episode turned out to be pretty decent! :eek:

All this while, it was mediocre but with the recent turnout of events, it looks like it is gearing up for a nice finale!

Just finished Prison break and it was slow but good!
But now can't watch any more thrillers. Need a break.

Suggest me some light hearted comedy shows like friends or bbt.
Already watched HIMYM, BBT, Frnds. Didn't like Two and a half men and Community.

You've survived Prison Break, take a break.

Completed 5 episodes of GoT liked it though not much of Wow factor yet , when they say Winter is coming means what ?

@dinjo

It means a lot of things. The literal meaning is that seasons in Westeros (and Essos) last for 5-6 years and even a decade at times. The current summer that places during season 1 has been around since 10 years now. Scholars and experts say that a long summer is followed by an equally long and brutal winter. Surviving on foodstock for 10 years of harsh winter is far worse than any battles that men fight in Westeros. Hence, northerners (especially the Starks and the wildlings) are so wary about the onset of Winter. Winter also means death/gloom/misery etc. Thus, it is their way of saying that bad times are upon us.

Each of the great houses have their own words or lines. For the Starks it is 'Winter is coming', for the Greyjoys it is 'We do not sow', the Lannisters - 'Hear me roar', etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed 5 episodes of GoT liked it though not much of Wow factor yet , when they say Winter is coming means what ?

Winter is all implied up to now with various meanings, never seen even in the books. The next book deals with the "Winter".

Edit: Forgot to say what it really is. Winter is coming are the words of House Stark, and every House has their own words. Like House Lannister's are Hear Me Roar!, and everyone has their own. Look it up on GoT wiki.

Another 3 week break before Person of Interest's new episode. :mad:
I hope that next 5 episodes(20-24 with 24 being the season finale) are arc episode, or at least last 3 are.

Completed Season 1 of American Horror Story and watched 5 episodes of Season 2. I'm not really finding season 2 very interesting. Season 1 was much better and every episode had me hooked.

watched Breaking Bad - till its being aired.
I find it sometime becomes slow, but 'twists' makes its engrossing again.....everytime.

Back