English TV series discussion

Unfortunately yes. I usually check ratings and see the synopsis on first page of IMDB. I deliberately do not read anything else with the fear that it will spoil my viewing somehow. But this show was useless and bakwaas. :mad:[DOUBLEPOST=1363932190][/DOUBLEPOST]Also before i start, want to know how is Jericho ? It is just 2 seasons with first season of 22 or so episodes while the 2nd one is only 8 episodes ??
Seems abrupt, was it like cancelled prematurely or something ?
I always wondered what good a tv show is if it reveals the suspense mid season. Still you should try Psych's Twin Peaks themed episode. Its hilarious and nails the feel of the show too.

Psych is there on my list to watch so i am not sure if i should watch that particular episode separately or wait for it to come when i actually see the TV series.

I would only recommend Jericho if you want to be let down by a lacklustre handling of a great concept; it could easily have been in the league of shows like Lost etc.

I would only recommend Jericho if you want to be let down by a lacklustre handling of a great concept; it could easily have been in the league of shows like Lost etc.

Oh. Lets see how it goes. I started it today only and have seen only 20 minutes of S01E01 and today evening i need to travel to Mumbai and i will continue watching the series as i will anyways have nothing else to do in bus.
Lets see how it goes. Glad it is small with 30 episodes.

Didn't Lost do the same too? Lackluster handling of a great concept, the way towards the finale and then the ending was such a letdown .

Didn't Lost do the same too? Lackluster handling of a great concept, the way towards the finale and then the ending was such a letdown .

No, I wouldn't say it was lacklustre handling in the case of Lost. I (and most people I know) were glued to the TV (or in my case, the computer screen) till the last few episodes when it became clear where they were heading. You got to agree that the way they built up suspense on Lost, you just had to see the next episode. That was really, really amazing. I had seen the first 4 seasons in 1.5 weeks; just couldn't stop myself.

Lost was awesome no doubt. In fact I started my stint with TV Series with Lost only. The only problem is that the end was not at all satisfying. At least for me.
Otherwise I rate lost at the very top for me. Just awesome.

Started watching Person of Interest and with 3 episodes down, it's quite an interesting show. It's a good thing it has different plots in every episode.

Started watching Person of Interest and with 3 episodes down, it's quite an interesting show. It's a good thing it has different plots in every episode.

The best things is that all those plots are connected. I don't like generic 'one episode - one plot' crime shows, but PoI distinguishes itself by coming up with great connecting arcs here and then to keep the show interesting.

They are? I thought each of them winds up towards the end of the show. The third episode (Mission Creep), however, did leave us with a mysterious ending. So I could be wrong.

It's a mix and match of both. Some just add new characters, some add new plot elements to existing arcs, some add new arcs altogether, and some just evolve the main characters a bit (a few back stories, more details regarding their past, etc..).

The main crux is that the show hasn't got stale up until now, and there are enough arcs and sub-arcs going on to keep it interesting.

It's a mix and match of both. Some just add new characters, some add new plot elements to existing arcs, some add new arcs altogether, and some just evolve the main characters a bit (a few back stories, more details regarding their past, etc..).

The main crux is that the show hasn't got stale up until now, and there are enough arcs and sub-arcs going on to keep it interesting.

Glad to hear that. I was actually looking for a good show to watch while traveling, so this should do perfectly, considering its 40 minutes of run-time and 23 episodes per season.

Glad to hear that. I was actually looking for a good show to watch while traveling, so this should do perfectly, considering its 40 minutes of run-time and 23 episodes per season.

You really don't wanna do that.
There will be some tiny text relevant to the story sometimes. You won't be able to read it on phone.

You really don't wanna do that.
There will be some tiny text relevant to the story sometimes. You won't be able to read it on phone.

Hmm! I did opt for the Blu-Ray route initially, but I hardly get time to watch shows at home these days. So don't have much of a choice.

Psych is there on my list to watch so i am not sure if i should watch that particular episode separately or wait for it to come when i actually see the TV series.
Psych is real good. I have watched 4 seasons. You can watch an episode as standalone.
May be you can watch S01E01 for intro to characters.

Back