English TV series discussion

Started with Sherlock since there was only 2 seasons with 3 episodes each. First season wasn't much to go by but season 2 is interesting

Sherlock was really awesome, imo. The second episode of both seasons were somewhat dull, but all the rest were crazy brilliant.
Shame that there were only 3 episodes each season - even if they were long, mini-movie like.
Eagerly awaiting the next season. I think they finished filming a couple of the new episodes.

Sherlock was really awesome, imo. The second episode of both seasons were somewhat dull, but all the rest were crazy brilliant.
Shame that there were only 3 episodes each season - even if they were long, mini-movie like.
Eagerly awaiting the next season. I think they finished filming a couple of the new episodes.
Yep, can't wait for December. In fact, can't wait for August 12 to come; Breaking Bad - The Final Episodes.

Started Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy and completed the first 5 episodes. The new villain in this season - Damon Pope is one total badass guy. Chauffeur-driven RR Phantom, Billy Brown as his personal bodyguard, shoot-first-ask-questions-later attitude. I can foresee a sad and painful death coming for this guy from the hands of Tig or Jax.

And guess what! Walton Goggins made a cameo appearance in one of the episodes and it had me in splits! :hilarious:

1.png

Watching Episode 3 in S02 of Sherlock. Quite awesome. Gannu - do give it a watch

Completed Sherlock long back. :p

Finished Game of Thrones. Wasn't greatly interested till half way into first season, but it had me hooked. So hooked that I had to finish half of S2 and complete S3 over the weekend. At this point, I'd say that The Wire, GoT, Breaking Bad and Justified are my top favorites. But then, I don't watch that many TV series.

Good to see many new 'Supernatural' fans here. It was a show I very much enjoyed till about S5. I continue to watch it just because I am a horror fan and the sunk cost of having watched it all this time, but it hasn't been a 'must see' as before.

Monk was mentioned in the last page. Adrian Monk happens to be one of my favorite characters from TV. Tony Shalhoub has the ability to make us respect Monk's abilities and at the same time, make us as miserable as the characters on the screen when he gets annoying. The series, like many, has it's ups and downs especially in the later seasons, but like Walter in Fringe, I never got tired of watching Monk.

@esanthosh

I am currently watching Monk and just done with 4 episodes of S01. I have the exact same feeling as you, more about the irritation it causes me because of his OCD :p

Last edited by a moderator:
@esanthosh

I am currently watching Monk and just done with 4 episodes of S01. I have the exact same feeling as you, more about the irritation it causes me because of his OCD :p
Ha Ha...OCD :D
That episode in Season one where he goes to some place with Kids and some one is story reading. :D
It was so darn funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha...OCD :D
That episode in Season one where he goes to some place with Kids and some one is story reading. :D
It was so darn funny.

It is funny yes but his OCD is so over the top or may be it is supposed to be that way. It actually irritates me personally. :)
But nevertheless the series seems good.

Back