English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

spindoctor said:
entourage returns next week :D
Yes indeed & this time Vince has Martin Scorsese film. This should be something. Hope Drama (Johnny) cracks some deal on prime time as well. He needs more screen time I would say. But nothing would beat Ari. ;)

Finished watching 2 seasons of Family Guy , its hilarious , much better than Simpsons IMO

Ethan_Hunt said:
Yes indeed & this time Vince has Martin Scorsese film. This should be something. Hope Drama (Johnny) cracks some deal on prime time as well. He needs more screen time I would say. But nothing would beat Ari. ;)

i think things are going to be a little different this season. all 4 of them have something going on in their lives... vince gets the new scorcese movie in new york, johnny drama will have his new bar there as well plus he might get some part on the movie, eric's talent management career is taking off in los angeles and turtle has his budding romance with meadow soprano. i wonder how they will balance it out...

here's the season 6 poster which seems to imply that things are going to change this time..

entourageposter.jpg

Who has seen Kyle XY. I am on second season... Good stuff... nothing great, but a good distraction when you want a week-long break from some great shows...

@ Mod : Oki. Though it becomes problematic to search for the topic after a few days as it goes down to the 2nd or 3rd page.

Any reviews on True Blood yet? the latest episodes of season 2 are getting 10/10 reviews from IGN. I hate the dialect though.. very irritating.

vij said:
Who has seen Kyle XY. I am on second season... Good stuff... nothing great, but a good distraction when you want a week-long break from some great shows...

Yep seen all of it, was decent enough upto season 2, season 3 onwards it goes downhill.

gizmoholic said:
i think this thread should be stickied !

first, i think there should be a poll with all the shows possible so that it becomes easier to recommend and also to get suggestions rather than sniffing thru 50 pages.....

does anyone know why there haven't been any shows from last friday to monday? was it because of the 4th of july weekend?

vij said:

It was a pretty good show, better then some of the "great" shows quoted here :)

eureka is back today! after a long break, season 3 continues.. i was expecting it next week so i was pleasantly surprised when i saw the torrent today itself.

for those who don't know, eureka is a sci fi comedy that is in it's 3rd season now. the basic story is that there is this secret town somewhere in the usa where the world's top scientists and academics work together to invent new stuff. basically it's a town in the future, as their technology is years ahead of what we have today. the main character is a single dad who accidentally managed to reach the town bypassing all it's fabulous security systems. once there, they couldn't just let him go so they gave him the job of being a the town sheriff and each week he has to deal with some experiment gone wrong which leads to all kinds of hilarity. the sheriff is basically a normal guy with average intelligence surrounded by these mad scientist type geniuses. it's basically like a cartoon made into a real show... it's light viewing, not very serious (it's not like battlestar galactica or any of those serious shows) and it's decent to pass time.

damn i should have just linked the wiki page instead - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_(TV_series)

For British TV show (comedy or whatever) fans, BBC Entertainment seem to have nice stuff these days... Blackadder, Graham Norton... I hope they add "The Thin Blue Line" too...

Entourage is going to start today.
Just cant wait to lay my hands on it.
Vince will be doing a Scorcese.

Watching a 2006 series - Kidnapped.. On 2nd episode and so far its engaging... At par or better than VANISHED (if anyone has seen it )

Back