English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

For fans of Espionage, Spies, CIA, Cold War etc..

I just finished a brilliant miniseries which I had been posponing since a year.

The Company - 3 part series (4.5 hours in Total)

Here's some background :

TheCompany_DVD_early.jpg

The Company is a miniseries about the activities of the CIA during the Cold War. It was based on the best selling novel by Robert Littell. The teleplay adaptation was written by Ken Nolan.

The Company is an American fiction miniseries that follows the Cold War intelligence battle between the CIA and the KGB from the end of World War II to the fall of the Soviet Union. The protagonist is Jack McAuliffe (Chris O'Donnell), an idealistic and naive "true believer" who was recruited from Yale by his crew coach.

amol_cool said:
Scrubs???

I am watching season 3 right now and it's quite ok till now.

Watched all the seasins some time ago.
To be honest, i liked it. People familiar with medical profession should enjoy it more.

new season of leverage started today. it's as bad as ever.

chiron said:
Even the lack of other shows still doesn't make me too excited to check it out.

well i watched it. it's a little rough around the edges but it's not bad at all. i've seen shows which had worse premiere episodes go on to become very good, so i won't dismiss this one just yet.

Disappointed with -ve reviews of Warehouse here :|, I was expecting it to be good show..

With my crappy connection, I can't d/l anything but I was meaning to borrow it from somewhere else, but seems like I will postpone that.

jampack said:
Watched all the seasins some time ago.

To be honest, i liked it. People familiar with medical profession should enjoy it more.

Actually even I liked the first season. But I didn find season 2 and 3 not as 'interesting' as season 1. Dunno is it only me or others too!

WTF happened to the Martin Scorsese movie? I thought this season would be all about shooting with Scorsese and Vince's rise to fame but they just skipped all through it. :| Overall, it was an ok episode. Loved sloan, she was looking smokin hot.

@bluffmaster; in a way it was a good move coz usually when they show movie footage it is pretty terrible.

Bluffmaster said:
WTF happened to the Martin Scorsese movie? I thought this season would be all about shooting with Scorsese and Vince's rise to fame but they just skipped all through it. :| Overall, it was an ok episode. Loved sloan, she was looking smokin hot.

sloan is definitely hot :hap2:

entourage almost always puts the movie making in the season breaks. between season 1 and 2, they made queens boulevard. between 2 and 3, aquaman. between 3 & 4, medellin. no movie between 4 & 5 (right after medellin bombed at cannes) and now between 5 & 6, the scorcese movie. at the start of season 4, they showed a single episode restrospective/documentary of the shooting of medellin and a couple of episodes in 5 about that smoke jumpers movie. other than that, they never show the guys on the film set.

chiron said:
@bluffmaster; in a way it was a good move coz usually when they show movie footage it is pretty terrible.

Yes u r damn right.
Remember the when they showed Medellin in the Cann's festival. It was terrible. Ari slept thru the movie.

Yes, but there is a difference between a Billy walsh and a Scorsese movie. Even during the aquaman days, James Cameron made an appearance in 4 episodes. I was expecting some screen time with Scorsese too. The difference here is that atleast the other movies were talked about, all we heard about gatsby movie was a 30 sec conversation with Scorsese at the end of the season finale. They could have given a better closure to that.

They probably couldn't afford Scorsese or didn't get any dates :D

Btw, I think the Ari-Lloyd scenes are growing a bit repetitive.

The Johnny Drama character is getting annoying now and the eric character is just too boring. The only saving grace of Entourage is Ari Gold and the babes. :p But its still one of the most entertaining shows out there.

Bluffmaster said:
Yes, but there is a difference between a Billy walsh and a Scorsese movie. Even during the aquaman days, James Cameron made an appearance in 4 episodes. I was expecting some screen time with Scorsese too. The difference here is that atleast the other movies were talked about, all we heard about gatsby movie was a 30 sec conversation with Scorsese at the end of the season finale. They could have given a better closure to that.

so you were looking forward to seeing scorcese act ?:bleh:

i seriously don't see how it's a big deal. besides, this season just started. the movie will release this season and we will get to hear more about it.

Watched Pilot of Dark Blue - Didn't interest me much, mainly due to 2 reasons. Amateurish acting - Characters look stupid even the lead and Plot was too boring..

Might watch an ep or two but after that I am going to skip it..

Back