English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

yeah leno does comment that he saw the movie and he liked it, so the scorcese movie released and probably did pretty well.

Bluffmaster said:
Yes, but there is a difference between a Billy walsh and a Scorsese movie. Even during the aquaman days, James Cameron made an appearance in 4 episodes. I was expecting some screen time with Scorsese too. The difference here is that atleast the other movies were talked about, all we heard about gatsby movie was a 30 sec conversation with Scorsese at the end of the season finale. They could have given a better closure to that.
It would hardly make any difference having Scorsese in the episodes. Even Cameron didn't have any major contribution with his presence before selecting Vince for Aquaman. Their small cameo appearances are fine, but nothing more than that. ;)

The only real problem I have with the show is it's lead character (or supposedly so), Adrian Grenier. He is a complete waste on the show & seems like a total misfit. His acting abilities ain't that good either & doesn't keep a lasting impression. Infact Turtle acts better than him & so does Drama. I'm not sure if it's the script designed for him or his acting all together, but he really needs to add in more energy to his role.

Ethan_Hunt said:
It would hardly make any difference having Scorsese in the episodes. Even Cameron didn't have any major contribution with his presence before selecting Vince for Aquaman. Their small cameo appearances are fine, but nothing more than that. ;)

The only real problem I have with the show is it's lead character (or supposedly so), Adrian Grenier. He is a complete waste on the show & seems like a total misfit. His acting abilities ain't that good either & doesn't keep a lasting impression. Infact Turtle acts better than him & so does Drama. I'm not sure if it's the script designed for him or his acting all together, but he really needs to add in more energy to his role.

But he has looks, i guess. So probably that's the only prerequisite for banging lots of Girls i guess. :bleh:

My problem is not with Scorsese not making an appearance in the show but the way they handled his movie. Landing a Scorsese movie is big deal even for Vince but all we saw was a mere mention of the movie and now he is off doing another project.

Bluffmaster said:
My problem is not with Scorsese not making an appearance in the show but the way they handled his movie. Landing a Scorsese movie is big deal even for Vince but all we saw was a mere mention of the movie and now he is off doing another project.
Oh alright. When you said you were expecting more "screen time" with Scorsese, I assume you meant his presence.

Bluffmaster said:
^I think it has already been released. Atleast leno has seen it. :p

wingmysoul said:
yeah leno does comment that he saw the movie and he liked it, so the scorcese movie released and probably did pretty well.

the movie hasn't released yet ;)

thexfactor said:
Yep seen all of it, was decent enough upto season 2, season 3 onwards it goes downhill.

Strange. I thought Season-3 of Kyle was very good. The only time Kyle XY was ordinary was midway through 2nd season where it dragged and suddenly became a "teenage series" rather than a "sci-fi series". Season 3 was fast albeit short and lot was revealed with some new Q put forward....

Too bad it got discontinued, but I hear theres a DVD coming up that will attempt to give closure.

Aces170 said:
Anyone watched the new series, Dark blue has got decent ratings on tv.com ?

i watched the first episode and it was ok. not great but not too bad either. the second episode came out a couple of days ago but i haven't found the time to watch it yet.

has anyone tried The Mentalist"?

Am currently freaking out on it.

Heard season 2 is out in Sept.

Oh yea..supernatural, Life and Mentalist..sept i look forward to

the philanthropist is definitely one of my favorite shows for the summer. it's a case in which i find that the concept is better than the execution and yet i still like it a lot. check out the pilot if you're interested in a feel good drama/comedy show. it's also a shame that it will never get the ratings for a full season pickup.

Wolfbane said:
has anyone tried The Mentalist"?
Am currently freaking out on it.
It's awesome, trust me. Not even a single dull episode in the first season.

True Blood also has become a total drag. I guess there is some sort of rule in the industry about stretching out stories.

So I've been watching Entourage for a while now and it's really starting to blow. It's the same thing every episode.

Drama makes boorish comments each episode.

Turtle is just aggravating-tries way too hard to be hip.

Vince is sooo carefree and doesn't worry about anything.

Ari is overly dramatic and just insults everyone.

E is boring.

The first season was interesting and somewhat unique, but the series quickly - very quickly - became predictable, boring, and well, stupid. I know that Entourage isn’t meant to have depth, but even for a light, “fun” show, it plainly sucks, its probably one of the worst shows i've ever seen.

Every single show starts off one of two ways; there are very few exceptions: either “E” gets a wake-up telephone call from Ari Gold, who’s douching it up on a golf course or something, or the four guys (E, Vince, Drama, and Turtle) hang out in the kitchen, engaging in witless, poorly-written banter while Drama cooks breakfast.* Vince will be confused about something, Turtle will make a remark about banging some hoes, and Drama will get defensive about something and reference an old acting gig.*

Keep in mind that this last for about two or three minutes, which amounts to roughly 1/10th of the show. And people like this?

Unfortunately, nothing but repetitive, trivial bullsh*t goes down each episode, the highlight being some wasted, pointless celebrity cameo.

And i don't get why everyone raves about Piven as Ari Gold, don’t see what all the hype is about. Fortunately for Piven, the rest of the actors on the show are so inept that he comes off like a real thespian.

If you do enjoy Entourage, that’s just fine. *I hope you enjoy the new season.* For me, though, it’s redundant, amateur crap, and I can’t imagine a more wasteful way to spend 22 minutes.

^Those 22 minutes always manage to keep a smile on my face. I guess, thats what matters in the end.

lol... really interested in what shows Greenleaf enjoys.

Jeremy Piven is a great actor even though going overboard with it is his style. He was great in The Larry Sanders Show too.

Greenleaf said:
Drama makes boorish comments each episode.
Turtle is just aggravating-tries way too hard to be hip.
Vince is sooo carefree and doesn't worry about anything.

Ari is overly dramatic and just insults everyone.
E is boring.

pick any show and watch me deconstruct it like this.

seriously, you're complaining that they play the characters that are written for them? that's who they are. and i guess you also missed the overarching storyline of the ups and downs of vince's career. what are you expecting shakespeare? this isn't a drama, it's light comedy.

Back