English TV series discussion

The Sorcerer said:
No Dr. who fans?

Right here!! Is it sad the reason I look forward to Christmas is not for the holiday but for the special? :ashamed:

The finale was brilliant. Am a huge fan of all of Moffat's episodes from the first 4 seasons. Can't wait to see which direction he takes the Doctor (and the new companion is Cute).

raksrules said:
Me too waiting for the LOST season 6. It was one month back i started watching LOST for the first time. Now i have completed all the season (1-5) except for the last 2 episodes of season 5.

I'm also waiting for LOST Season 6. I also saw all the previous seasons of LOST at your pace.. Whenever I used to have holidays/used to bunk college, I used to watch 7-8 episodes a day.. :eek:hyeah:

whatsinaname said:
Can't wait to see which direction he takes the Doctor (and the new companion is Cute).

Yeah, the gunmetal and white darlek's return itself is awesome :eek:hyeah:. The end is just the beginning! I think I saw those statues from the "Weeping Angels" episode on the 11th doctor's trailer. Man that was a brilliant episode :D

b00gieMan said:
Spartacus: The blood and sand.. Rome based series with 300 visual feelings and vfx.. the boldest TV series ever.. True blood is nothing in front of it from that point of view.

Btw, isnt LOST over already?? Season 5 was the last one.. where did LOST season6 come from? :S

Season 6 starts in February :hap2:

^^ Oh ok.. lol wierd.. afaik the series was over and things were sorted out.. wondering whts gonna be in season 6.. Anyway njoi.. i aint got no patience to even complete LOST 5 seasons.. used to watch it and then the show used to get a lot delayed and dint find it worth following and waiting for the new episode..

It got meaningless the day they paired up Robin and Barney and started showing Robin as a nympho like Barney.. pathetic.. btw, end of this season they gonna be showing Ted meeting up with real Mother..
red_devil said:
HIMYM is becoming disgusting by the episode. The most meaningless show right now.

EDIT: FRINGE is back.. but the 2 episodes which were aired after the new years.. are really pathetic and lame.. FRINGE really getting out of the FRINGE science and becoming more of a movie based plots.. Scientific/Medical Exorcism and the other episode based on typical movie plots like Hills Have Eyes.. a big yawn.. i had to forward while watching the non-sense in both the episodes.

EDIT2: LEVERAGE is back too.. Episode 10 of Season2 is aired and up on scene too.

Sadly, Flash Forward not gonna return till March 2010.

which are the best new shows of this season according to you guys?

for me, it's a tie between the good wife and men of a certain age. both surprisingly good shows that came out of nowhere and i really like them now.

edit - and how could i forget... modern family... best new comedy in a long time.

edit 2 - and julianna marguiles wins a much deserved golden globe for her role in a good wife. john lithgow and michael c. hall also win for their roles in this season of dexter.

Modern Family , definitely , the best comedy i have seen after Arrested Development .

BTW just finished watching the first 3 seasons of Weeds , loving the show .

^ sadly, the first 3 seasons of weeds are the best. after that it starts going downhill very fast. in fact, i'd say the first 2 were the best... the show started getting slow from the 3rd season itself, but it really dropped into the gutter later. what used to be a funny, smart and sexy show about a dysfunctional family and society turned into a show where crazy shit happens just for the heck of it, and where every episode is more nonsensical than the last.

Hmm.. agree on that.
I watched the first two seasons in just over a week.. took me a month to work my way through season 3 after that.. and never went beyond.

Guys i have watched LOST all seasons and now waiting for season 6 to start. In the mean time i want to start with a new TV series. What should i start with now ???

Okay, just saw the fresh new episode of HIMYM.. not a bad one at all.. kinda got my liking for the show again.. thank good as finally The Mother gonna be revealed.

The ending part of the whole Suits song was so awfull.. and i dont know why am saying this.. but i liked that whole act, felt awesomely funny act on suits lol.

that whole song and dance number was put in as a kind of celebration because the episode was the 100th episode of the series. it's actually surprising to me that the show lasted 100 episodes, because it hasn't been good since the 1st or 2nd season.

^ Yes, i know that and also it was kinda celebration as tht epi being the 1st episode of the new year. Well the game hasnt bn consistent but it has had its own down and ups.. but good part is they know how to provide strong backup when the show goes down.

Well i guess now it wont drag more.. they've already shown things closer to the real Mother.. so i guess Season 6 will be the last one. S05 is just till Episode 14.

THe major downtime of the show was when they focused on pairing Barney and Robin and Ted was completely out of the story... he was just like being a side kick on the show based on his character..

Back