English TV series discussion

Just watched a slightly old show named "The Guardian" - Simon Baker of "The Mentalist" fame is a lead. Its a legal drama.. A decent enough Pilot..mainly due to Simon Baker..

Checkout the Pilot..

spindoctor said:
it's an excellent show, apart from the 4th season imo. it also has the best series finale i have ever seen in my life. enjoy :)

That it is!!

I'm hooked. Just did a 8 episode marathon with a deadline looming for tomorrow :ashamed:

It's like the Addams Family.. Just wayy more twisted :)

stalker said:
That it is!!

I'm hooked. Just did a 8 episode marathon with a deadline looming for tomorrow :ashamed:

It's like the Addams Family.. Just wayy more twisted :)

yea it's a fairly twisted and morbid show. and that's the reason why i don't like season 4... the crazy bullshit that happens on the show went into overdrive... as if the writers were high on acid when they came up with the story for it. still though, at some point it will occur to you that the show is more than just a tv series. it's still brilliant though... and wait till you get to the mindblowing series finale. i guarantee you will have tears in your eyes in the last 10-15 minutes of the show.

I felt that the first two seasons were the best, and the show really got boring by the final season. Maybe it was because I watched the whole thing over a couple of weeks and so I was just bored of the story.

Saw latest episode of HIMYM.. again one of the typical useless out of the context episode.

Fringe last latest episode.. WOW just amazing! "Jacksonvilla"... really really FKING AWESOME! i just love when they come up with such episodes after having a couple of bummers.. i loved jacksonvilla coz it was somewhat same as to what happened in India recently on 4th feb @ Gorakhpur and Bhagpat.. Just one building having major quakes.. all walls got cracked, doors and windows cracked down and completely destroyed.. fan blades were upside down.. ceiling looked like was just plukked from the 4 of its corners and just kept back on the top like a cardboard sheet.. no gas cilinder exploded.. If anybody saw that news.. will realise what am talking about..

soggy316 said:
Loved the latest episode of house, the Rissoto broad is a kick-ass chick :D

yea the latest episode of house was wonderful. it provided a great new perspective on all the characters in the series. good stuff :hap2:

Saw the first season of 24, which I felt was awful with a ridiculously contrived plot. Does it get better in the later seasons or are they just as dumb?

spindoctor said:
yea the latest episode of house was wonderful. it provided a great new perspective on all the characters in the series. good stuff :hap2:

Couldnt agreee more ....totally loved it!...

Dexter...halfway thro season 3, I guess the overall mystery of S3 doesnt come close to first 2 seasons, but then that tends to happen with shows!

chiron said:
Saw the first season of 24, which I felt was awful with a ridiculously contrived plot. Does it get better in the later seasons or are they just as dumb?

s1 was the most average season of 24. 2 was way better, 3 got even better & then 4,5 were amazing.

i think you should stick to it.

Same goes for Episode 14 of 'The Big Bang Theory' (The Einstein Approximation), it didn't really click. I don't like the fact of Howard getting a girlfriend. He was better off solo, hitting on girls and munching on his silly pick up lines. :p

[/QUOTE]

Agreed on the Chuck part,it is getting better with Chuck discovering new powers in each episode and the girl Sarah is uber hot.
Actually The Big Bang works mainly due to the antics of Sheldon Cooper-a hilarious character-genius yet possessed with those quirks and one-liners tends to make it a hilarious show-the ball pit scene was epic.

LOST watched till the latest episode-some interesting turn of events-we have an alternate reality world and also 2004 time line-would these time lines merge-also lot of questions arising-next episode would focus on Locke mainly.

eggman said:
I never found 30 rock funny!!! :(

Same here, watched a couple of episodes, got bored..

Give its always Sunny in Philadelphia a try, its awesome. I saw a couple of episodes of Leverage, its a pretty nice show, although some characters are pretty corny.

Finished watching Gilligan's Island (old 60's show). Very funny.

Watching the Adams Family now. yeah its another 60's show, but it's a little funny and nostalgic to watch these shows. last time I watched these, it was around more than 10 yrs back. :)

Back