English TV series discussion

just caught the valentines episodes of 30 Rock and Modern Family, awesome stuff from both shows.

The hotel bar conversation between Phil and Claire was the funniest thing i've seen since Steve Carell hit on Elizabeth banks in "40 year old virgin" :D

did anyone watch last week's episode of the good wife? turned out to be pretty hard hitting all things considered. the way kalinda talks about client number 12 was hilarious... took me a couple of references before i understood what was happening. and it was also amusing how they reeled in lashkar-e-taiba and david headley into the plot :p

^I absolutely agree with you, although it might not have been the best but it sure was a fantastic episode. It had all the makings of a blockbuster movie. The final battle was truly amazing. I am loving this show. :D

just watched the season finale of men of a certain age. shame it only had 10 episodes this season, but i'm glad it has been renewed for season 2. definitely one of the best new shows this year imo.

Bluffmaster said:
^I absolutely agree with you, although it might not have been the best but it sure was a fantastic episode. It had all the makings of a blockbuster movie. The final battle was truly amazing. I am loving this show. :D

Arey the reason why I felt it to be the best was that... the entire episode brought about paradox/irony in the beliefs of the protagonists. Before the battle Spartacus tells Crixus that there are things that are worth more than glory like love. But in the end, Crixus is the one who fought for love while Spartacus soaked in the glory :)

The Finish Him scene was mind-blowing too ! :cool2:

Guys i have just started watching 24 and have seen only the first episode of first season till date. But for some reason i did not get much engrossed in it :S
Should i give myself time and watch a couple of more ???

In LOST when i started, i thought i will check its first episode and see how it is (was my first english TV series) and ended up watching 7 episodes back to back :p

+1 to that. 24 is not at all like one of those tv series which can grip u and make u wana watch episodes back to back.. i saw 5 Episodes of Season 1 and that 5 episodes i finished in 2 months (yes, i saw it Jabardasti) that show has nothing at all to get u adicted (may be later episodes when they increased the budget of the show).. but for now its off my list. Also all its seasons are eating helluva space on my hDD so might delete the whole package as well.. i cant watch tv series (and movies) forcefully.. might give it one more chance but not at all interested in even checking whats going on in that show. I started the show just coz Anil Kapoor got in it and ppl gave good response to it and for that to watch i decided to watch it from episode 1 season 1. But.. well.. its not "that happening" at all.
raksrules said:
Guys i have just started watching 24 and have seen only the first episode of first season till date. But for some reason i did not get much engrossed in it :S

In LOST when i started, i thought i will check its first episode and see how it is (was my first english TV series) and ended up watching 7 episodes back to back :p

raksrules said:

keep watching it mate.. I'm sure you'll like it :) . Watch a couple of seasons atleast..

The first season is the worst but there are loads of :rolleyes: instances, ridiculous betrayals, femme fatales etc in the later seasons too which need you to really suspend your disbelief :D

It still somehow manages to be entertaining.

Hooked to Boston Legal bad. Finished watching 2 season in 2 days :D Can anyone help me out with seasons 3-5 in Pune? Please? Also House MD all seasons? Beer's on me :)

Back