English TV series discussion

gizmoholic said:
Anyone saw the latest episode of Spartacus (Shadow Games) . The best hour of television I have ever witnessed in my life :D ... Simply mind blowing !!!!

Not the best but one of the finest. If only there was no nudity in it.

the deep end wasn't that good really. the drama wasn't good, the comedy wasn't either... the chemistry between the actors wasn't really there. that mentor character was a jackass (which i guess was his role, but he wasn't very funny/good). not surprised that it got canned.

All true.. But I liked the plot.. the stories that they covered in 3rd and 4th ep were good (havent seen 5th, 6th).. Actors were getting better..

I needed a good legal drama after raising the bar....Sigh..!! The Good Wife doesnt fall into that category..

the good wife is far better than this show ever was, but yea, it's not a courtroom drama as such.

this season of damages is turning out to be pretty good as well. not surprising really... it's strength has always been the writing. it's a shame that rose byrne is basically getting sidelined in the show though... she basically has no real role in the story... not a good sign for one of the two lead actors of a show.

as most of my first choice TV serials have either ended the season or on a break because of olympics, I started watching few new TV serials.

1. How to make it in America.

Has loads of potential. Needs little more life and energy.

2. The Good Wife.

This is actually pretty good so far. Interesting, always progressing, always something new, new cases every episode, good acting, more than decent plots. Is decent watch.

^True. :( This is a bad move imo. What will be the driving force for spartacus now? According to history, spartacus and Crixus were the ones to lead the slave revolution against the Romans, but with Sura gone now, I don't see any reason for spartacus to do anything of such kind.

Bluffmaster said:
^True. :( This is a bad move imo. What will be the driving force for spartacus now? According to history, spartacus and Crixus were the ones to lead the slave revolution against the Romans, but with Sura gone now, I don't see any reason for spartacus to do anything of such kind.

who cares about his driving force. erin cummings (sura) was eye candy, and now she's gone :(

Well a tribute to Sura.. for all your horndogs :p
tribute.jpg

Btw, she was just okay, not a big deal.. bumpy..

Lucy Lawless is the Deal. Oh, BTW, she's the same chick who played Xena.
lucylawless.jpg
xena11ew2s.jpg

Back