English TV series discussion

Try Community. Best intelligent sitcom ever.
Community is really good, it had a very ordinary start but really catches up from midway of season 1, to being awesome from season 2 onwards. Its my train entertainment atm on my Galaxy Note :)

This week's Homeland episode was interesting. Dexter was meh! Again. :|

Almost about to wrap up The Shield S3. Just a couple of more episodes left.

Freaky: Watch The Shield please. :p

EDIT: Done with Season 3 of The Shield and it was an amazing finale. Highlights of the season was Vic (as usual), Claudette and Curtis. Will take a short break before I resume with S4.

Recommending American Horror Story. I just finished Season 1, and it was a blast. Its horror at parts, mixed unintentional/subtle comedy and lots of good drama.

Hmm, in that case, I'll probably pick up the Blu-Ray for the first season. Haven't seen a decent Horror show in quite a long time now.

Recommending American Horror Story. I just finished Season 1, and it was a blast. Its horror at parts, mixed unintentional/subtle comedy and lots of good drama.

One character or perhaps the only one that stole the show - Jessica Lange!

But don't you think the finale sucked entirely? They could have wrapped up the season without that sucky last episode. :(

I haven't started S2 yet. Waiting for the season to get over so I can catch up in one go.

I want to buy Breaking Bad Season 4 and The Shield Complete pack DVD from amazon.com due to Thanksgiving deals but they won't ship to India :(. I had earlier got Seasons 1-3 of Breaking Bad from Amazon and they had shipped to India. Don't know if they stopped now or if it's temporarily during the Thanksgiving period.
Which provider do you guys suggest for getting these at Thanksgiving prices?

ishopinternational can do it and they had told me few days back that the first timers get a Rs. 500 discount. When I asked the lady what is the minimum purchase warranted, she said there was no such requirement. Call them up and find out.

I just started with the Big Bang Theory. Found more than a few instances of 'ME' in those geeks, but not on such a level :p.
Anyways the series is hilarious and the gaming, movie references are so much fun. But Sheldon takes the cake.
I read that the physics references in it are authenticated by a physicist and equations on the board show actual progress. Amazing.

I am mid-way through through Breaking Bad Season 2 and apart from few episodes of Season 1 it seems to a bit slow for my liking.
When does the series really start to pick up pace as it seems to have quite a high rating of 9.4!

I am mid-way through through Breaking Bad Season 2 and apart from few episodes of Season 1 it seems to a bit slow for my liking.
When does the series really start to pick up pace as it seems to have quite a high rating of 9.4!
I watched the first season and didn't really like it that much either(though I can see the significance of those scenes now). So, I stopped there. Few months down the road, I was incredibly bored and decided to watch season 2 and by the second episode, I was hooked. Ended up watching till the end of season 4 in a week. So yeah, I would say keep going..this is probably the best and the most addictive show out there. Watch through season 2 and if you still don't like it, then bail out.

Let me ask you one thing. Did you like the episode "Grilled" ? If not, then it's not your type of show..because things go darker and darker from there.

The pace shouldn't matter with breaking bad. I watch it for some amazing acting,the depth of detailing,very strong characters and awesome chemistry :). Obviously it doesn't have plethora of twists and turns cramped in the way they have in shows like prison break. But it's better off this way.

I watched the first season and didn't really like it that much either(though I can see the significance of those scenes now). So, I stopped there. Few months down the road, I was incredibly bored and decided to watch season 2 and by the second episode, I was hooked. Ended up watching till the end of season 4 in a week. So yeah, I would say keep going..this is probably the best and the most addictive show out there. Watch through season 2 and if you still don't like it, then bail out.

Let me ask you one thing. Did you like the episode "Grilled" ? If not, then it's not your type of show..because things go darker and darker from there.

Thanks. Yup liked that episode but couple of episodes after that have been really quiet. That's why had some doubts.

The pace shouldn't matter with breaking bad. I watch it for some amazing acting,the depth of detailing,very strong characters and awesome chemistry :). Obviously it doesn't have plethora of twists and turns cramped in the way they have in shows like prison break. But it's better off this way.
Thanks.

Back