English TV series discussion

I loved Fringe, but Anna Torv took some time getting used to, she had a very wooden face in the first season. In fact I quite liked Peter Bishop too..

I don't really recollect much about the first season, but her performance was pretty consistent for the role she was assigned; a serious FBI agent. For me, it was Peter who seemed to have the exact same expressions each time I saw him explaining the things that Walter used to say. Olivia handled herself pretty well, both in terms of action and emotional scenes.

Anna Torv? Horrific? You have got to be kidding me! John Noble and Anna Torv are probably the highlight of this show, with the former over-shadowing pretty much everyone else on the show.
Yes it was. It was rather noticeable in the first season cause of the "incident of the week" storyline. Mid-2nd season onwards the focus shifted on the longer arcs, which to an extent took away the focus on her acting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Joss Whedon and Avenger fans, the full trailer of "Agents of SHIELD" is online:

Yes and its very interesting but they come back to old way in Season 3 Mid and oh that **** Peter birth episodes were pretty boring

I for one did not like the Elementary's finale.
Firstly, I did not like the idea of Irene Adler being the Moriarty. And the finale did not match up with Sherlock's finale episodes. Did I miss any thing or there was not cliff hanger.

I for one did not like the Elementary's finale.
Firstly, I did not like the idea of Irene Adler being the Moriarty. And the finale did not match up with Sherlock's finale episodes. Did I miss any thing or there was not cliff hanger.
Correct me if I am wrong but did you just imply Elementary (except the finale) matched up to Sherlock? You certainly need to take a look at your tastes.
------------------------------------------
@raksrules yep it is. @dinjo has given you some insight on how the series is put together past S1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I am wrong but did you just imply Elementary (except the finale) matched up to Sherlock? You certainly need to take a look at your tastes.
------------------------------------------
@raksrules yep it is. @dinjo has given you some insight on how the series is put together past S1.
I did not imply that. But having said that elementary is not as bad as you think. It is very watchable. To each his own I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not imply that. But having said that elementary is not as bad as you think. It is very watchable. To each his own I guess.
Its not bad, I never said/nor imply it. I myself watch it weekly for the kicks. And for curiosity of treatment of Watson in American version. They are always woman.

Its not at Sherlock level though as you end up comparing both of them (except the deary finale).

Finished Southland...sheer brilliance all the way!!! Really disappointed the show was cancelled, but after the watching the season 5 finale (which is now the series finale) it was obvious that Ann Biderman was aware that it may not be renewed.

Wondering what to watch next...there is so much piled up.

Maybe Sherlock. :)

The GoT episode today flied by without much realisation, very well written, especially the Sam/Gilly scene.

The episode was titled "Second Sons" - also the name of the mercenary company in hire from Yunkai. I think it is a great title as Tyrion is also a second son of Tywin, so is Ser Jorah and the Hound.

Edit: Also forgot Stannis, even he is a second son. Brilliant title chosen by the show creators.

Can anyone help me in recollecting as to why that ice-ghosts (or whatever they are called) was after the new born child ??
They are called the White Walkers or the Others. They lived in the northern edge of the world (The Land of Always Winter) and perform rituals unknown and other things not yet known even in the books. Little is known about them, but they were driven off 8,000 years ago after fighting with the alliance of the First Men and Children of the Forest - it lasted for a whole generation and was called The Long Night. They are believed to be just myths as of now, but after magic made a reappearance in the world, so have they. Any person or animal they kill will be reborn as a Wight (or zombie if you wish). The White Walkers can be killed with dragonglass (Sam used a dragonglass blade to stab, hence he died). Wights can't be killed by dragonglass though, they can only be killed by fire. It is not known whether the Others can be killed by fire too, but they don't like it very much and stay away from it and light.

And regarding the baby, it is not known why he was after it. Craster was giving away the babies to them till now and they kept away from him; but now he's dead and the supply has stopped. Perhaps they raise them as their own, or perhaps they're building an army for comeback? Or maybe they sacrifice them for some unknown blood magic ritual? This is one topic where Irri and Jhiqui cannot say "It is known".

Back