English TV series discussion

@Ethan_Hunt
Completed Season 7 of Supernatural. Liked it very much.
Onto Season 8 now.
have to give it to dean. keeps popping back from every where hell, purgatory, reapers...ha ha ha....
darn Bobby's ghost gets iced again..Ballz.... :D

I enjoyed season 7 a lot. The entire storyline and new characters being added (Garth & Charlie) was a welcomed treat. You'll see them in the next season as well. As for Dean, well, he's just unstoppable.

Honestly, Bobby started to get annoying in the latter seasons. So I, for one, am glad that his role got cut down. Heck, I even liked the new (and improved) Meg. She is much more bad-arse and has a thing for Cass, which was quite an interesting turn of events. The only disappointing factor to this season was the Leviathan animation. The CGI was really poor and that gave it a real cheap look.

man, you guys are making me pick up supernatural again - stopped for some reason after season 2, a few years back!

i stopped watching it in the first episode itself..
the moment i saw that lady popping xanax(or watever that was) every 15 min i knew this show is gonna cause nothing but frustration :p

allergic to xanax?

Resume it now !! Story just took a U turn and its back on track :)

season 3 is killing it!!!

The past two episodes of Homeland have been very nice and fast paced and are bringing the story back on its original path i.e. CIA/terrorists/plots etc. The few boring episodes in between were somewhat required as a build up to what is happening now. I feel that the Dana issue was stretched a bit too much but am not complaining anymore.
+1!!!!!

i guess episode 7,8,9, were fu%^&&*& brilliant! season finale time i guess now, with episode 12 to come!!

Last edited by a moderator:
But it has also become more and more implausible with each episode (and perhaps even with each subsequent season).
The only reason I am watching it is because of the Brody character (love Damian Lewis's work).

An amazing mid season finale for Arrow. The show is pretty awesome for all DC comics fans (and for fans of superhero action in general). Just this season alone, the characters in play are
Deathstroke, Merlyn, Flash, Red Arrow, Brother Blood, Solomon Grundy, Red Arrow, The Huntress and Ra's Al Ghul
. Smallville this is not!

I checked my tv shows app on phone and most of the shows have their next episodes in January or February. Why so much gap now ? Because of holidays in USA and all that ?

Yep, almost all shows going through a mid-season hiatus. Good time to catch up on all the shows which you were putting aside until now.

The past two episodes of Homeland have been very nice and fast paced and are bringing the story back on its original path i.e. CIA/terrorists/plots etc. The few boring episodes in between were somewhat required as a build up to what is happening now. I feel that the Dana issue was stretched a bit too much but am not complaining anymore.

The Dana bit was stretched but the actual ending plot now feels so rushed .. just one more to go, Shall we expect another cliffhanger or is there a Season 4 coming as well ?

Sons of Anarchy - All the Way men. Some good Drama after a long time. Right now watching Season 5 and hoping to complete even Season 6 by the end of this week.

Anyone who Completed watching the recently aired episode can confirm this?
Is it true that Jax died in the last episode of Season 6.

I asked this in TDF, but dint get much convincing answers.
Can anyone recommend truly hilarious shows?. My fav comedy so far is coupling. The episodes are such that you''ll be laughing throughout. Some other i like are IT Crowd and the office.
Please don't recommend shows like Friends because it is 50% Drama. Also other shows u can cross off ur list are BBT, 2.5 men and community

Can anyone recommend truly hilarious shows?. My fav comedy so far is coupling. The episodes are such that you''ll be laughing throughout. Some other i like are IT Crowd and the office.
Please don't recommend shows like Friends because it is 50% Drama. Also other shows u can cross off ur list are BBT, 2.5 men and community

I remember recommending you Modern Family (dunno if it was here or at TDF) ... try it !

An amazing mid season finale for Arrow. The show is pretty awesome for all DC comics fans (and for fans of superhero action in general). Just this season alone, the characters in play are
Deathstroke, Merlyn, Flash, Red Arrow, Brother Blood, Solomon Grundy, Red Arrow, The Huntress and Ra's Al Ghul
. Smallville this is not!
Grundy? And here I thought because of the acid on half the face and all, you know....

Parks and Recreation
Arrested Development - Bit different type of comedy
Entourage - Not a comedy but a show you can see for timepass, as the show tag line says "Enjoy the Ride", i enjoyed it a lot.

Back