English TV series discussion

Waiting for Fargo to end and will watch the season at one go. Good to know from previous posts that the show as lived up to the fantastic first season.

Have got hold of Masters of Sex 3rd season and intend to begin watching that as well. Same holds true for The Knick, which i believe is an episode away from completing its 2nd season. Homeland again waiting for the season to end. Season 4 indeed redeemed the show to a large extent.

I am a huge sucker for slow character driven shows too, which is why stuck on to MoS in spite of a somewhat alright first season and it has paid off. The Knick was brilliant from first season itself.

That said, eagerly awaiting Banshee and HoC in the new year!

Fargo both the seasons are good, Season 1 is way better

Anyone who has completed watched THE WIRE?

2nd season is alright when compared to other seasons but there is no way one can skip it as it carries forward the first season plot line.

Hands down the best show ever for me along with Breaking Bad!

The Wire is a slow burn for sure but once you get past your initial impatience it grabs a hold of
you...
I also felt the same at the start but after a while it solidified the impression that it is the best show period..Followed only by Mr. Robot.(although it is to be seen if the later seasons of Mr. Robot continue the high standard set by Season 1).

Fargo Season 2 build up was awesome but the finale was a bit of a letdown.It was interesting to see the lineage from Season 2 to Season 1 characters though.

The strategy of building up a larger than life super baddy and not diving into their backstory has been copied from Season 1 ditto.

Hanzee and Alejandro in Sicario are a bit similar in my opinion

Whats with the UFO thing??Season 3 perhaps?

Luther Season 4-----------Why did they bother to do this?

Storytelling is the best part in Fargo. Eff Awesome!

No doubt, Wire Season 1 was good enough but that cannot overtake my favoritism for BB (Too early to judge i guess) Will somehow finish the rest of the seasons

Jeez, Luther was embarrassing. If not for Idris Elba this would have been completely awful. On the plus side it is only 2 episodes.
Didn't even bother to check out. A Few of them suggested to avoid this non-sense after watching 1st episode itself in the last week.
Elba is terrific in the THE WIRE , didn't like him in Luther.

Yeah I too liked Homeland this season. But the finale was boring though.
The season finale was not as action packed as I'm sure some viewers had hoped for but everything was wrapped up nicely. Also there is still hope that Quinn will survive (all be it very little hope). In the last scene where Carrie is seemingly getting ready to end Quinn's life for him because he wouldn't want to live like that, the sun suddenly shines very brightly through the window and illuminates his face. I felt this was appropriate as Carrie has been notably more religious this season. Whether it was the sign she was looking for that there was still hope for Quinn or that she was doing the right thing....well we'll find out next year!

Back