English TV series discussion

Tried watching Foundation again, this time with a lot of patience. The show is really good and interesting, slow but we need to be patient.
The first 2 episodes are what caused me sleep, but later on it progresses and the pace is slow but okayish.
Casting is all over the place and definitely they could have chosen some other ones for the 2 lead actresses.
I would suggest not watching this during late night time as it might lead to sleep eventually.

Not English / chinese translation
Got new hisense tv and found this iqiyi app and recommendation "the ingenious one", surprisingly it is not bad, it is rip of crouching tiger and hidden dragon themes and settings,
After free episodes I signed up for Viki TV trial and finished it!

Also after checking out recommendation for Foundation to checkout dolby vision/hdr, it was snoosefest I could not watch even Episode One like many.

I have watched

Prison Break

Dexter

Lost

Heroes

and bit of Numb3rs

Can someone suggest something good.

I am thinking "House". But not sure.
Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles, Band of brothers, The Boys. Off the top of my head rn.
I just watched House clips form YouTube for a day binging the best moments and called it a day, even then I could feel the annoyance towards the end seasons. Made me feel glad I didn't spend days watching from the beginning but it's just my preference I guess.

I am sure many of you must have watched Sherlock (2010-2017) starring Benedict Cumberbach..

I remember when it had just premiered on British tv back in 2010, I had grabbed my copy from the usual source ;) and was blwon away by the take, I used to eagerly wait for the next episode and season.
I was in college when I had read the works of Sir Artur Conan Doyal and read all the novels like a Ferrari.. But the way sherlock was reinvented in this series was just way too good and fantastic, yes Elementary (another TV show in the US) premiered in 2012 but it was set in the US and was great but wasn't as aweeome. Sherlock was fantastic partly owing to the pure English cast in Benedict and Martin Freeman, settings and the reinvention of art of deduction in modern era..

If you haven't watched it, then Please do..
Its available on BBC player which you can subscribe through prime.

Meh. Sherlock was overproduced and mediocre. Later seasons proved that by pulling crap like his secret sister and stuff. Like Ekta Kapoor serial.

Meh. Sherlock was overproduced and mediocre. Later seasons proved that by pulling crap like his secret sister and stuff. Like Ekta Kapoor serial.
May be you didn't like it but don't you think adaptations should always have somekind of a different take always, some likeable some not..
Yes may be they introduced a character which we could never have expected, but he can't be always cooked in the same 19th century cauldron...

Sherlock bbc show was too good initially but after a while it went downhill. The Moriarty part is quite unsatisfactory and the sister part too feels crap.

That Iron man's both Sherlock movies were good too.

The first two seasons of Sherlock literally mesmerised me. Yeah it later went downhill indeed. But some of the episodes remain the absolute best of anything I have ever watched, like a scandal in belgravia, that hounds of baskerville one etc.

May be you didn't like it but don't you think adaptations should always have somekind of a different take always, some likeable some not..
Yes may be they introduced a character which we could never have expected, but he can't be always cooked in the same 19th century cauldron...
I am not alone in thinking that mate. Sherlock always had problems. The later seasons were noticeably bad but it always had problems since the beginning.

And speaking of 19th century cauldron, the character of Irene Adler is regressive in the episode made in 2012 compared to the story written in 1891. In the original story: she's an independent, noble, and clever woman who outsmarts Sherlock. In the 'modern' adaption: she's a criminal/sex worker and a puppet of Moriarty who gets defeated by Sherlock.

Watching Blue Eye Samurai and on episode 5 which was bloody epic.

A great tale of revenge with a superb anti-hero.Arguably the best thing I saw on Netflix this year,

Best animated show for me this year. Though I haven't started Invincible second season yet. It'd have to be near perfect to top this one. Proper action-packed Japanese western with a killer soundtrack. 9/10
This was indeed a good one, Thanks for recommendation
Watch Monarch: Legacy of Monsters.
A very good Tv Series.
started well but now its boring

Back