FREEBIES from MTNL!!!

arun687 said:
Forget double speeds, be happy if your net is working. Mine isn't since yesterday evening. This has become a norm now. Every 2 to 3 days,a downtime of hours if not a day.
Was rectified for 4 hours in the afternoon and now its gone again. Just great. :mad:

Isn't there someone here whose father is in MTNL, I'd really appreciate if he could show this thread to him. I am really struggling with this ISP since a month now.

Like I said I don't care about the 2mpbs freebies, I want my Original Speed back I want the speed that I used to get originally.
I don't want the freebies, I was happy with the speeds I used to get earlier. I WANT MY ORIGINAL SPEEDS BACK <EOM>

LOL my friend's dad is an sde in mtnl and he couldn't help sort out his own service connection speed issues leave alone probs that i had. but he's lucky to get the 590 unlimited plan which is locked on 2mbps. it's a special plan for employees, but that was the issue too, he would get a lot of variance in speeds, especially during peak hours.

ok guys guess what, my router shows 2048 and 1022 up and down respectively, speedtest.net shows 1.16down and up starts at 0.75mbps but settles at 0.25mbps and ever since 6 pm am getting disconnected every few minutes, then after calling 1504 its now every 30-40 mins i get disconnected, have logged a complaint with 198, lets see what they do bout it.

Lets wait for these people to come back to office tomorrow, its pretty much an epidemic. Its on twitter, asked a couple of friends they too are having issues. We already have 2 threads, also that link I posted.

raksrules said:
For me too the Downlink shows as 2048 kbps but i still get my plan speed which is 320 kbps.
well, i have a combo 320k plan, the rs. 495 one. For the first month, the downstream was 2048k and i got the 'bonus' 2mbps. then it was capped to the plan limit. I think the downstream was 354kbps or something like that. I would get 38-40kBps downloads which were a real 320k. Then after another month or two, they capped the downstream itself to 320 which left no room for overhead. and then my speeds were 30-32kBps. After this whole upload increased to 512k fiasco, my downstream is now 2048k and my average downloads are at 38k, where they belong. I have horrible SNR and ATT stats but there are no issues with connectivity of any sort. waiting for sunday!

Don't bother testing on a local server. Try an international one, say based in the US. you'll get a better idea of real-world pings and throughput.

This speed bump made my party to be over. Was getting 1 Mbps speeds on 320kbps plan but now have been pulled back to what i should be ideally getting. Not complaining but. Happy till the time MTNL broadband work fine.

Ethan_Hunt said:
This is hilarious. I have to keep my phone receiver down, just to maintain a connection now. :rofl:
install / add splitter for every phone in your house if you got parallel lines and problem will be solved

There is something fishy here

Today in modem page i see 2mbps dow rate speed and 1 mbps upload speed but i am getting same speed as my plan 1 mbps and upload at 256kbps.I guess mtnl have upgraded their system where by default speed is kept high but it will work it fullest on sunday i guess.

MAGNeT said:
There is something fishy here

Today in modem page i see 2mbps dow rate speed and 1 mbps upload speed but i am getting same speed as my plan 1 mbps and upload at 256kbps.I guess mtnl have upgraded their system where by default speed is kept high but it will work it fullest on sunday i guess.
Indeed!

The speeds now have stabilized but the connection disconnects often.

Even I am seeing those Upstream/Downstream rates. The actual download speed I get is 1Mbps which is what I pay for.
I am getting a bit higher upload speed than earlier though. ~330kbps compared to earlier ~260kbps.

If they have implemented a system where they throttle your speed independant of what is being shown in the modem admin page, then the party is over for those who were getting speeds higher than what they paid for.

I am slightly unhappy that those with 320kbps unlimited will be getting 2Mbps on sundays alongwith those who have higher plans too like 1Mbps. It would have been much better if they had doubled the speed of your existing plan instead.

^^ I come in that 320 kbps bracket :p
Btw my party too is over since i used to get 1 Mbps on my 320kbps connection for around 6-8 months but now back to the 320kbps thing irrespective of what downlink/uplink the modem page shows.
And yes that speed bump on sunday is enough for me to download whatever i want :)
Btw i hope MTNL continues this thing even after april...fingers crossed. :eek:hyeah:

Back