FREEBIES from MTNL!!!

raksrules said:
^^ I come in that 320 kbps bracket :p

Btw my party too is over since i used to get 1 Mbps on my 320kbps connection for around 6-8 months but now back to the 320kbps thing irrespective of what downlink/uplink the modem page shows.

And yes that speed bump on sunday is enough for me to download whatever i want :)

Btw i hope MTNL continues this thing even after april...fingers crossed. :eek:hyeah:

Yes but the problem with mtnl is landline is a must a most of it dont want it also due to error or good plans by competitors ppl are not staying with mtnl as we all know how service one gets during down time.

I seriously feel by this year end we might see a cheaper 2 mbps plan or an upgrade on cards.May be in august 15 or something.Also speculation of BSNL merging with mtnl again doing rounds.

techno_funky said:
The speeds now have stabilized but the connection disconnects often.
Same here. Did you raise any complaints to them? I had raised plenty of tickets and had provided my mobile phone number as my contact source, but the person from MTNL still called on the landline, when I'm usually at work. The only time I'm free is on the weekend.

I guess I'll have to personally visit their office and get someone to fix this mess this weekend. I'll be more than happy with 1Mbps speed, but all I need is consistency in the connection, with no disconnections.

raksrules said:
Btw my party too is over since i used to get 1 Mbps on my 320kbps connection for around 6-8 months but now back to the 320kbps thing irrespective of what downlink/uplink the modem page shows.
And yes that speed bump on sunday is enough for me to download whatever i want :)
Btw i hope MTNL continues this thing even after april...fingers crossed. :eek:hyeah:
you have an alternate 3g connection i remember. The bsnl along with mtnl. I guess the party for you will never end. :D

^^ Not really. The MTNL 3G network at my home is very very bad even if i keep phone / modem near window. So no point in that. As it is i access that MTNL internet for only 4 days in a month when i am in Mumbai.

Hi everybody,
I am on the MTNL 495_combo unlimited plan. The official speed is 320 kbps but I get download speed of only 10 kbps or less while downloading almost anything. I know it some times depends on the servers from where its being downloaded but is this speed normal ?

hi folks.

ok same here, 2048 down 1048 up but my speeds are as per package which is dsl 999 so 1mbps down and 256k upp. dunno why they have not yet increased the up. Btw, was reading and one of u guys said disconnection, well here's the fix. login to the router and change the adsl modulation, i have sam300ax and i too had frequent disconnections and i changed mine from auto sync to G.DMT and AMEX_M and mind u guys it works, no more disconnections but my upstream snr goes down a bit. If i put it on auto sync then its real good but this way for now i have sorted my issues coz i was going nuts calling 1504 and putting a complaint on 198 for the past 8 days.

raksrules said:
raks, tell me one thing, when you were getting the turbo speeds, how many gb were you downloading on average per month? one of my friends came to the conclusion that if you're a heavy downloader, they cap the connection pretty fast, and if you take it easy, they leave it uncapped for a while. When i first got my combo 495, i did almost 300gb in the first month. and it was capped from the second month on. this friend who hardly downloads, was still getting 2mbps speeds even after 4-5 months. not sure of his status after the funday scheme.

Well, when I first got the connection last May/June, I only downloaded some 40GB on average per month. Maybe higher. Only Jan/Feb/March, I got screwed. But then again, 140/70/70GB. But now I'm just happy if my net works.

Julian said:
raks, tell me one thing, when you were getting the turbo speeds, how many gb were you downloading on average per month? one of my friends came to the conclusion that if you're a heavy downloader, they cap the connection pretty fast, and if you take it easy, they leave it uncapped for a while. When i first got my combo 495, i did almost 300gb in the first month. and it was capped from the second month on. this friend who hardly downloads, was still getting 2mbps speeds even after 4-5 months. not sure of his status after the funday scheme.

I am in Mumbai only on weekends (now only every fortnightly). The internet at my home is being used by my brother who rarely downloads anything and on weekends when i am there too the usage is quiet minimal. So max to max i download only 6-7 GB per month. So i guess there is no reason why they would cap for me. It is just that MTNL realized the goofup in my case and fixed it.

Earlier too i had a 256kbps connection when i actually had taken the triband connection i got 2 Mbps like many people here for about 7-8 months but was then plugged in.

Later i had switched to the 752 kbps plan and i was getting 1.3 Mbps then but that too was later fixed.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Same here. Did you raise any complaints to them? I had raised plenty of tickets and had provided my mobile phone number as my contact source, but the person from MTNL still called on the landline, when I'm usually at work. The only time I'm free is on the weekend.
Nope, too busy at work re. The connection was working absolutely fine until they had to announce this bull crap fu(ck)nday.

^^ don't wanna sound like a schmuck but maybe your connection issues are a coincidence and aren't really because of the funday crap ? when was it officially announced anyway ? i happened to notice my uploads were faster, then i checked the mtnl site and only then came to know about the increased upload cap and the funday thing.

Julian said:
^^ don't wanna sound like a schmuck but maybe your connection issues are a coincidence and aren't really because of the funday crap ? when was it officially announced anyway ? i happened to notice my uploads were faster, then i checked the mtnl site and only then came to know about the increased upload cap and the funday thing.
Oh! you mean say all the people in this thread and that other thread and for example ethan_hunt are all coincidences ?

It pretty much happened when they started this bullcrap, I can vouch for this.

vishalk said:
hi folks.
ok same here, 2048 down 1048 up but my speeds are as per package which is dsl 999 so 1mbps down and 256k upp. dunno why they have not yet increased the up. Btw, was reading and one of u guys said disconnection, well here's the fix. login to the router and change the adsl modulation, i have sam300ax and i too had frequent disconnections and i changed mine from auto sync to G.DMT and AMEX_M and mind u guys it works, no more disconnections but my upstream snr goes down a bit. If i put it on auto sync then its real good but this way for now i have sorted my issues coz i was going nuts calling 1504 and putting a complaint on 198 for the past 8 days.
Worth a try I guess. I'll do it when I get back home. Need to check how to perform that on my router though. Thanks for the tip dude, here's hoping it works. :)

for those who have yet not got the 512k upload speeds call 24361249 and 24361221 and get it sorted. My speedtest shows me 0.25mbps but when i start utorrent i get 65k upload!! sorted for once and for all, hope this helps u all too.

These aren't the prabhadevi exchange numbers are they? every time i complained about speed on 1504 they used to tell me to call there and they would NEVER answer there.

also speedtest seems to be pretty inaccurate these days for mtnl, both for local and overseas test locations so a manual download and upload test is the only way to know your true bandwidth.

Julian said:
These aren't the prabhadevi exchange numbers are they? every time i complained about speed on 1504 they used to tell me to call there and they would NEVER answer there.

also speedtest seems to be pretty inaccurate these days for mtnl, both for local and overseas test locations so a manual download and upload test is the only way to know your true bandwidth.
hii,

these are their nox numbers dunno if that the prabhadevi exchange no's

Back