FREEBIES from MTNL!!!

Official Confirmation of Upload speed

Dear Customer,

Now share photos, videos and data with your loved ones on Internet at high upload speed of 512 Kbps. Default upload speed on all Triband plans has been doubled from earlier 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps. We offer Unlimited FREE Uploads to our Triband Customers under all Limited and Unlimited Plans. With enhanced upload speed now enjoy rich Social Networking experience by sharing your high resolution photos, High Definition videos and much more at a faster rate.

Now get faster upload bandwidth and take your life to new heights.

For details you can Dial 1500(toll free) / 022- 22221500

MTNL Mumbai

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I'm getting 0.6 mbps upload speed

jus an update

i called those nox no's on thursday and today i got a call asking if i have got the speeds and i did a speed check and yessssss its done!!

1243956048.png

Oh good. I just checked and I'm getting the same speeds as well. At least something is sorted out with these guys.

monkee said:
Oh good. I just checked and I'm getting the same speeds as well. At least something is sorted out with these guys.
suggest m8 u use the no's i provided above and speak to them do mention that u are unable to get the 512k that mtnl has started since 1st april 2011. I was told it would be done in 24 hours and it has been done, however, took a while but its done atleast and even got a call from their nox asking if i am receiving my speeds.

No, when I said I'm getting the same speeds, I meant 1m down/512k up. And the connection is quite a bit more stable now. My Snr margin at the same settings went up from 7-7.5 to 10.5-15 for downstream. Which is good for me.

OK! So the line man arrived today and *might* have solved the disconnection issue. Have been downloading for the pas 8 hours and seems to be going fine. Will still keep testing to see if it's really been sorted out. Let the Sunday funday speed commence! :D

1244405671.png

I Dont Even Get Actual Speeds As Per My Plans, Im On 512 Ul Plan

198 is useless, does any one know any alternate no that i can register the complaint:mad:

I'm getting 1mbps upload speed

1244833574.png

vishalk said:
hi folks.
ok same here, 2048 down 1048 up but my speeds are as per package which is dsl 999 so 1mbps down and 256k upp. dunno why they have not yet increased the up. Btw, was reading and one of u guys said disconnection, well here's the fix. login to the router and change the adsl modulation, i have sam300ax and i too had frequent disconnections and i changed mine from auto sync to G.DMT and AMEX_M and mind u guys it works, no more disconnections but my upstream snr goes down a bit. If i put it on auto sync then its real good but this way for now i have sorted my issues coz i was going nuts calling 1504 and putting a complaint on 198 for the past 8 days.
I have my modem in bridge mode how do i change these setting , modem is Dlink GLB 802C and router is Asus Rt-N13U

It seems my modem isn't able to hold a G.DMT connection ( where its most stable during the week ) on Sunday, but it can do ADSL2 ( and ADSL2+ ) and it won't disconnect.

Getting 10Kb/s , damn this ISP is borked. They need a reality check. You are giving 2MBPS to every person who is on the unlimited plan, will the current infrastructure be able to handle such load, they should have done their homework.

Heck these guys even provide service to corporates I only wonder what the condition is there.

techno_funky said:
Getting 10Kb/s , damn this ISP is borked. They need a reality check. You are giving 2MBPS to every person who is on the unlimited plan, will the current infrastructure be able to handle such load, they should have done their homework.

Heck these guys even provide service to corporates I only wonder what the condition is there.
agree on that but we spread this news like so viral that each & every person with UL put line on bleed & all party goes wrong

I have a 2 Mbps connection via the Rs.748 plan, 5GB download..... I am getting 500 to 700 Kbps connection speeds for the last 2 weeks!! This really sucks!

dinjo said:
I'm getting 1mbps upload speed

1244833574.png

I have my modem in bridge mode how do i change these setting , modem is Dlink GLB 802C and router is Asus Rt-N13U
Hi m8,

Sorry for the delayed response, i dunno how it works on bridge mode but yes in your router you should have an option to set ADSL modulations, jus change them and that should do the trick.

Dunno if i helped, am sorry if i couldnt, however, would love to coz u guys have always helped me bigtime whenever i have asked for.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Same here. Did you raise any complaints to them? I had raised plenty of tickets and had provided my mobile phone number as my contact source, but the person from MTNL still called on the landline, when I'm usually at work. The only time I'm free is on the weekend.

Why don't you try call forwarding on your landline? MTNL Call forwarding.

I am getting single digit SNR ratios these days, my line can't handle the 2048 DL/1024 UL speeds the router has been synced to.The sync rate doesn't seem to reflect the true dl rate, so I get the same speed acc to my plan ie 1Mbps for 6 days along with frequent disconnections due to the shitty SNR.:mad: Good going MTNL, can't wait for april to end!

Back