Fuel price updates thread

Re: Petrol price increased by Rs3.14 per litre.

Metalspree said:
Every time petrol prices are up people come out and say screw it ,i am gonna get a cycle and use it .How many of you are really doing it ??

What are the petrol prices in Auckland? I am sure you don't have amazing heat, dust and grime and weather conditions in New Zealand like you do in India. The option to cycle to work is good in Europe or US or New Zealand not India.

I travel 40Km each day (20km to go to work and 20km to come back home) cycling wouldn't be feasible for me and for that matter a lot of people in India.

Petrol is equally expensive here a litre costs $2.10( 1NZD=38INR),talking about the weather in NZ its unpredictable.It can rain or shine any time, winter temperatures drop to 1 degree and in summer its about 30 degrees .One might think 30 is way to less compare to India but its not because it gets very humid and UV levels get high ,NZ doesn't have ozone layer. Cycling is not practical even here because of the restrictions.There is no way u can cycle from suburbs to city as some roads are not for cyclists. Coming to car maintenance its mighty expensive .The car has to be fit for road ,this check has to be done every 3 months which costs $100 then there is registration charges which is $30 per month.Taxes are way too high 30% flat of what u earn goes to government then there is GST which is flat 15% on what ever you buy.

destiny said:
Wont be to far when we the prices will be 100 P/L
Anna Ji Where are u,we need you..

Why do you need someone else to stand up for you? Why not do it yourself? This parasitic behaviour in most of us is what has resulted in the 'system' that we today complain, but do nothing about

Travel ~40 kms (both ways) --- as it, is pure PITA to navigate on MG road now with petrol prices. :(

Metalspree said:
Petrol is equally expensive here a litre costs $2.10( 1NZD=38INR),talking about the weather in NZ its unpredictable.It can rain or shine any time, winter temperatures drop to 1 degree and in summer its about 30 degrees .One might think 30 is way to less compare to India but its not because it gets very humid and UV levels get high ,NZ doesn't have ozone layer. Cycling is not practical even here because of the restrictions.There is no way u can cycle from suburbs to city as some roads are not for cyclists. Coming to car maintenance its mighty expensive .The car has to be fit for road ,this check has to be done every 3 months which costs $100 then there is registration charges which is $30 per month.Taxes are way too high 30% flat of what u earn goes to government then there is GST which is flat 15% on what ever you buy.

Yea but I'm sure the average income in NZ would be more as compared to in India which makes fuel there more affordable, isn't it?

^^

Not sure if it will happen. Gov. is not to happy about that.

Aren't the oil companies free to increase it anytime?? I think our government will lastly approve the hike. What else...

They just want to make a point: Don't drink and drive!

with current prices on booze and petrol... one would want to either drink or drive.

Our travelling allowance should increase with every increase in fuel rates.. But it is the same from years :S

He has posted that link just to show that oil companies are the one who can hike the fuel prices and the government is not in control of it. :)

agantuk said:
^ That's a 15 month old link!

agantuk said:
^ That's a 15 month old link!

i know bro. :)

Decontrol of petrol prices happened 15 months back.

That is the reason we are seeing hike in petrol prices almost every 2nd/3rd month

Price increase will happen before 15th by HPCL and hence others too will rush for same.

I heard in gujarat cng price increased 9 rs a kg to 50.How come such a big rise and no objection stuff something and why only gujarat?

Here in Mumbai we had a rise in CNG prices too earlier. Now auto guys are demanding a increase in fares.

I guess 2012 is closing up on us. With increase in HDD prices, poor USD INR exchange......now petrol prices going to be increased....:facepalm:

chiragsthakur said:
Aren't the oil companies free to increase it anytime?? I think our government will lastly approve the hike. What else...
The government is a majority shareholder in all the public sector oil companies so its still the government's decision.

Shell etc. are free to change prices on their own accord.

^^

That is why they face the brunt/backlash when ever prices are jacked.

Back