Shall I go for Intel or Ryzen?

• Intel

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Ryzen

Votes: 27 79.4%

• Total voters
Okay, today I was cleaning my chassis and found that my PSU is Corsair RM850x. Here is the spec I am going for. I am just waiting for the GPU to arrive, once I get it and I can build my RIG. Thanks to each and every one of you, I will surely post the pics of every component and the entire RIG.

Is my PSU sufficient for the following specs?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600
MOBO: MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI
GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Trinity OC (Thanks to Powervgx)
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5 6000MHz
COOLER: EK AIO 240 D-RGB
SSD: Kingston KC3000 2TB M.2 NVMe Gen4
PSU: Corsair RM850x ( My old one)
CHASIS: CM Storm Stryker SE (My old one)
Yes it should suffice....i used 3080ti fe for few months with a gold 800watt psu and it ran smoothly without a hitch

Okay, today I was cleaning my chassis and found that my PSU is Corsair RM850x. Here is the spec I am going for. I am just waiting for the GPU to arrive, once I get it and I can build my RIG. Thanks to each and every one of you, I will surely post the pics of every component and the entire RIG.

This looks good. RM850x should be good for 3080Ti (Max rated for 350W). Since it's 7600 it should be more than enough with enough headroom to upgrade CPU later.

You don't need an AIO. IMO save money & go with AK400 if not purchased already. Check Gamers Nexus for cooler reviews. IMO if you are going for AIO for aesthetics, have a look at the Lian Li Galahad series, heard its good.

Yes, RM850x is enough for that rig.

You don't need an AIO. IMO save money & go with AK400 if not purchased already. Check Gamers Nexus for cooler reviews. IMO if you are going for AIO for aesthetics, have a look at the Lian Li Galahad series, heard its good.

Yes, RM850x is enough for that rig.
I heard that DeepCool has some anti-leak technology. Also please suggest to me Where should be my Radiator if I am going for a AIO. My chassis can store 1x 200mm or 2x 120/140mm ( TOP) 2x 120mm (BOTTOM) 3x 120/140mm (FRONT) 1x 120/140mm (REAR)

Radiator Support - Front - 120mm, 140mm, 240mm, 280mm, 360mm
Radiator Support - Top - 120mm, 140mm, 240mm
Radiator Support - Rear - 120mm, 140mm
Radiator Support - Bottom - Radiator Support - Bottom

Last edited:
I heard that DeepCool has some anti-leak technology. Also please suggest to me Where should be my Radiator if I am going for a AIO. My chassis can store 1x 200mm or 2x 120/140mm ( TOP) 2x 120mm (BOTTOM) 3x 120/140mm (FRONT) 1x 120/140mm (REAR)

Well technically speaking you can use it any position as long as the the top point of radiator (not the pipe inlets) is above the pump.

Pratically I have found that (For beginners) top position is easier to work with, clean up and unless you go all 'Verge Build' on it, you can't mess anything up.

As pointed out, you can save money with an AK400/AG400. The only advantage of an AIO paired with this CPU is aesthetics.

Also Deeocool pumps are as good , if not better than the competition. 5 years warranty with their Gen 4 pump that is not asetek is really commendable.

Every company has some or other anti-leak tech in marketing material. 1 know 2 people who had AIOs, one had 120mm, other had 280mm. Both had pump issues, 240mm within 3 years & was replaced in warranty. Other guy bought an air cooler as it was beyond 3 years & out of warranty. Neither had leaks but AIOs are known to fail. Air coolers are simpler.

5 year warranty seems to be the norm these days.

AIO orientation.png

Every company has some or other anti-leak tech in marketing material. 1 know 2 people who had AIOs, one had 120mm, other had 280mm. Both had pump issues, 240mm within 3 years & was replaced in warranty. Other guy bought an air cooler as it was beyond 3 years & out of warranty. Neither had leaks but AIOs are known to fail. Air coolers are simpler.

View attachment 173444

@OP this picture summarised everything you need to know about AIO position.

Just a small caution. Do not drive the big screws through the Radiator.

View attachment 173444
Thanks a lot for this detailed illustrations. Btw, what about the chasis fans? I meant, what should the RPM I should be looking for?
I am thinking since AIO will always be a risk over the air cooler, I might go with Noctua NH-D15. What do you all think?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this detailed illustrations. Btw, what about the chasis fans? I meant, what should the RPM I should be looking for?
I am thinking since AIO will always be a risk over the air cooler, I might go with Noctua NH-D15. What do you all think?
Well if you can go Noctua, nothing better than that. However, a PWM fan from a good manufacturer is more than enough (they would be around 1500-1800 RPM). Montech has a two-fan set (MONTECH Air Fan P120) of PWM fans with good static pressure for the price. Cooler Master has some fans in the same price bracket. Arctic if you can get your hands on them. Just avoid 3 pin Fans and you should be good.

Do you plan to get a 150W+ CPU? If no, Deepcool AK400 is all you need for even R7 7700.

But NH D15 is one of the best air coolers for sure. Not all cases will fit it though, will need a big ATX case, can have RAM clearance issues as well (can offset fan, I think). Your cabinet seems big enough though, so should be fine.

Well if you can go Noctua, nothing better than that. However, a PWM fan from a good manufacturer is more than enough (they would be around 1500-1800 RPM). Montech has a two-fan set (MONTECH Air Fan P120) of PWM fans with good static pressure for the price. Cooler Master has some fans in the same price bracket. Arctic if you can get your hands on them. Just avoid 3 pin Fans and you should be good.

Okay, I have received the GPU and planning to build the RIG this Friday. So, considering my Chasis, I can fit 1 fan (REAR) 2 fans or 1 fan 200m (TOP) 2 fans (FRONT) 2 fans (SIDE) apart from the Noctua DH 15.

How many fans shall I incorporate in my Chasis or required?

Okay, I have received the GPU and planning to build the RIG this Friday. So, considering my Chasis, I can fit 1 fan (REAR) 2 fans or 1 fan 200m (TOP) 2 fans (FRONT) 2 fans (SIDE) apart from the Noctua DH 15.

How many fans shall I incorporate in my Chasis or required?
At the very least, 1-Rear, 2-Front (I think there should be space for 3 fans given your chassis, but whatever it is just get all the fans in the front)

If you still have the budget you can add a top exhaust fan and/or a side intake.

At the very least, 1-Rear, 2-Front (I think there should be space for 3 fans given your chassis, but whatever it is just get all the fans in the front)

If you still have the budget you can add a top exhaust fan and/or a side intake.
I have the same TOP fan that Coolermaster provided. Because of the steel bracket, I don't think I can fit another fan in the front. Hence I believe I have to stick with 2 front fans.

Shall I keep these 200m fans on the top or fit 2 X120mm fans?

Attachments

• 03051.jpg
    03051.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Fan_0302.jpg
    Fan_0302.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 55
I have the same TOP fan that Coolermaster provided. Because of the steel bracket, I don't think I can fit another fan in the front. Hence I believe I have to stick with 2 front fans.

Shall I keep these 200m fans on the top or fit 2 X120mm fans?

Keep the 200 mm fan, not only it's aesthetically pleasing, 2x120mm wont add anything extra.

I think you are good as far as chasis fan are considered. You don't have to change anything.

Keep the 200 mm fan, not only it's aesthetically pleasing, 2x120mm wont add anything extra.

I think you are good as far as chasis fan are considered. You don't have to change anything.
+1

No need to overthink on fans. Just assemble it.

For my i5 12400 + 3070 rig, adding a top exhaust to already existing 3 front intake & 1 rear exhaust didn't help with temps noticeably. Cabinet - Lancool II Mesh.

Back