God of War III - Discussion thread

Re: The God of War III thread!

Yes thats the biggest problem since the action is too fast paced usually forget about evading

500+ hit combo, I managed several times as it can be achieved at most parts of the game with a decent number of enemies, the highest I have gotten to is 700 odd, 1000 I am guessing is achievable only at some specific locations in the game.

I played it for the story and not for the combos. bleh...but what do I know, I am just a casual gamer :)

Tell me what did u prefer?

The Cestus, The Blades or the Chains of Hades.

For me the chains were the best imho. L2+Triangle was devastating.

Well the game does have trophy's which even a casual gamer would try to achieve while they are playing. :p In any case, for weapons I liked everyone of them and I leveled up all of them, but I guess I used the Chains of Hades most followed by the Cestus.

The Cestus for me hands down! I'd switch to the blades of exile only for calling the army of sparta. :p

Desecrator said:
^Bugger aren't you done with the game already! :O

Or is this the second playthrough? :mad: :p
Just 2 more chapters to go and should be done with it. Don't feel like ending it, should be done with it by tomorrow. ;)

Potentially a stupid question. Would a person who has never played hack and slash games ( I have trouble platforming in Price of Persia) and has played only Shooters and Racers like God Of War series ?

My only experience in platforming is Assassin Creed 1 and 2 and it took a month or so finish the first and till trying to cross the race level with ezio's brother in chapter 1 :rofl:

Is it worth getting a PS3 just for this game .. I was thinking of waiting till GT5 was released before jumping on PS3 bandwagon.

^In short, NO. Apart from not having played other games in the hack-n-slash genre, you have got to play the first 2 parts in this series to understand the storyline. Seems like you have a tough time with this genre - you're better off giving this a pass.

OT: Are you the same aceman from Chennai whom I'd met a couple of years back in a TE meet at Mahabs? :ashamed: :p

Desecrator said:
OT: Are you the same aceman from Chennai whom I'd met a couple of years back in a TE meet at Mahabs? :ashamed: :p

Yes. I was in in clients place/my head-office for a couple of years and thus was not active in the forum. Now I am back to India/Chennai.

Anyways it looks like I will hold my PS3 buy till GT5 is released , maybe all other old PS3 exclusives would be available in a discount or can I buy it second hand at that time.

I am pretty sure that if platforming/combos are involved then it would take me a couple of months for me to finish GOW .:eek:hyeah:

The game was good but I desired much more from it. I still feel that the previous two were better. The worst part is that the game is very small. I was hoping at least thrice the length.

Also there are too many weapons and as you move towards the end, you kind of loose the zeal to try any new weapons. I finished the game with the blades of exile and the cestus. Had like 36000 orbs but never bothered to upgrade any other weapon since these two were more than enough.

ANother observation is that the game is quite easier than the previous ones. I played on the GOD mode and its was a breeze (or I guess I am becoming a better gamer :p)

I finished the game and dont feel like playing it again, only for the trophies. At the same time do not want to sell it as well :p

The Aphrodite thing was good. could have added more to it :D

Also did you guys note that few scenes in the initially released videos were missing in the game. Like in that trailer where that crow was pulling out the eye of a dead spartan and when Kratos kill the centaur while running over the hill.

In short, the game has left me unsatisfied in number of ways. Not sure whats coming next.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Also did you guys note that few scenes in the initially released videos were missing in the game. Like in that trailer where that crow was pulling out the eye of a dead spartan and when Kratos kill the centaur while running over the hill.

Yeah those gameplay sequences were missing indeed. Maybe promotional videos released as a part of the teaser trailer.

Completed the game. I have to do this first
majesty.gif

It's a well deserved ending that this trilogy needed. I was going through the Voice acting making video after the game ended and TC Carson has done a brilliant job with Kratos's voice. I can't believe the way he looks and the way he sounds. Malcolm McDowell proved to be another asset with his voice as Daedalus. Will go through the rest of the videos as well. Santa Monica has put in a lot of effort, so it deserves to been seen from those videos.

The ending has left with a feeling of completion and longing for more. I still wanted more, but I guess it had to come to an end somewhere. They wrapped it up beautifully. Hats Off Santa Monica and thank you for this splendid journey. :)

I also absolutely loved the game,didnt have the same opinion as Vasishta.Sushant.

SSM has done a fabulous job and the bar has been raised for every game developer!!!

Solid_Snake said:
I also absolutely loved the game,didnt have the same opinion as Vasishta.Sushant.
Neither do I, but I have to agree to one point though, the game was bloody easy. God of War I was piss difficult even on the normal mode, but this didn't require much skills. Even the puzzles weren't as challenging as God of War I and II. Everything else was way more fun than before. ;)

Vasishta.Sushant said:

Actually from what I understood from the developer video, the video was made to show what they were doing with the game and the engine and most of the actual game content came after wards. That video was just a random sequence they made before most of the stuff was actually finalized.

Back