Got yourself a spanking new console and need some help? Head here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
adi_vastava said:
And it has arrived, now the news is ....

It is from Delhi, import date September 2011

Version No. xxxx

Well, ITS A BOY :p

3.55 (Ahem Ahem)
Awesome... Congrats and what are gonna name him :D , also You are lucky that you got it a day!! Mine's on transit from Delhi and expected on Monday..

Send from SGS-II using Tapatalk

Re: Bought a PS3 (some noob queries)

Quick Check, can I go online and download some Demos? I mean it will ask me for update but will not do it on its own. I can deny it; right?

adi_vastava said:
Quick Check, can I go online and download some Demos? I mean it will ask me for update but will not do it on its own. I can deny it; right?

Dude you can get all the demos you want and more, AFTER you install CFW as well. :p

Ethan_Hunt said:
Dude you can get all the demos you want and more, AFTER you install CFW as well. :p

Thanks,

Alright got the point but how does it work? it ask user for update and user can say NO? Or it just do not do that if I set it to not check auto in the system setting?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hmmm, I tried but I can not download demo unless I update it to latest version. :(

Raining PS3's here and from Letsbuy :p
Fuel game is cool...Will look to trade once i finish it, but which game can i get when i trade it :D

Connecting PS3 to VGA Monitor

So my monitor just supports VGA input (1440*900), I may buy a new TV in some time; so looking for a temporary solution.

I searched and searched for this but answers are not convincing. Based on my reading;

We can not convert HDMI to VGA,

We can try SVideo (one which works with CRT TV) to VGA, but there is no guaranty for it. I do not think though that such cable is very common. is it?

So has anyone tried it? does it work.

Or is it just me who has a PS3 with a monitor which just supports VGA, :p

Thanks in advance.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Further I found How to connect a PS3 to a computer monitor. - Beyond3D Forum which says VGA001 YPbPr to RGBHV VGA BOX (2:1 Video Switch) should be able to do it.

http://www.techenclave.com/gaming-consoles/vga-box-100167.html discuss this but nothing concrete.

Re: Connecting PS3 to VGA Monitor

I was in the exact same situation as you and I had this same doubt a year ago and I'm afraid to say that there was no way to directly connect a PS3 to a VGA monitor. As you already know... HDMI > DVI > VGA doesn't work. But, I had read about a small box that would intercept and convert the digital hdmi/dvi signals to analogue vga and that would probably be the only way it would work. But again that box wasn't common and was certainly not available in India.

Besides even if it did work for me, the image would look stretched on my monitor because my monitor (like yours) is a 16:10 and the PS3 outputs a 16:9 image. Imo, it wasn't worth the hassle so I gave up :p

Maybe the situation has changed now ... wait for more members to respond.

Re: Connecting PS3 to VGA Monitor

And this meant I gave up buying a console (As even the Xbox360 input would also be stretched (16:10 screen+ 16:9 input)).

I am looking for sol like this for last 1 month. Can we use those HDMI to VGA cables (rs350 wala)

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

I just Received mine (160GB) from Letsbuy, Haven't Turned ON the console yet, Kept DS3 controller on charging via my laptop. Packing was heavy. But the Box looks a little bit old but not opened or such. Everything is perfect inside. Will update about the FW soon. Excited :-D

7561b4b2-2ea9-7a35.jpg

7561b4b2-2ed6-c5be.jpg

to keep the ps3 vertical i need a stand right?

Any idea from where i can get it and is it sturdy?

How much will it cost?

P.S After 4 hour straight mortal kombat, it got really Hot! The wood beneath it became too hot!

^You can keep the console vertically without the stand as well. But the absence of those rubber feet may not lend it that sturdy placement unlike the phat console which had those. If your desk is sturdy enough without any jerks and sudden movements (such as the maid banging on it while mopping the floor or a toddler shaking it while playing), you can avoid the stand.

@nanrk: Congrats! Where do you stay? Towards the south? It appears orders shipped from the Delhi warehouse have the later firmwares. :p

^^^ Yea, at TamilNadu, Looks like it, Mine came from Delhi, The Package date sticker in my package is pampered for unknown reasons. I dont care ,as the Contents are perfect.

Congrats Guys!!

I did a detailed Survey asking on various forums and friends from different places etc and then only ordered that 160gb version!

Enjoy all of U!

Uve got 3.55 very cheap as in delhi these are being sold at a premium 20000 for 160 gb :X and 23000 for 320 + move!

Just a query about PS3 since i was planning to buy one , it can play blu ray and dvd discs right of any region ?? , and from hard disk drive can it play almost all possible formats i.e AVI,MP4,.mkv etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back