GPU Deals

Before you visit ask him to clean the cards with blower so you can inspect instantly rather than wasting time.
I would recommend against this(highlight and red text mine) as
1. The gpu fans are very delicate and easy to break at very high rpm
2. If the fins are not held in place the high air pressure will easly push the fans past their max ram and will ruin the fans(you will start hearing whining noise)

But if you do ask him to clean the card and if he takes out the blower then you know what to lookout for.

Regards

Then ask him to run(mine Etchash/Neoscript/etc any that you fancy) the card for 4 hours and say you will pay for the electricity(I would but its your choice here). Some might say 1 hours is enough but I prefer 4 hours of continuous runtime.
Won't one hour be more than enough to saturate the thermal mass of the heatsink and factor in the rate of heat exchange and provide us with an equilibrium/constant temperature?

As to check the state of memory in the card, yes trying to mine on it for like 30mins/1 hour should give the performance of the memory and trying to run games should give an idea of the stability of the memory right?(I've seen a lot of cards mine just fine but they just crash when running games, maybe because they have a mining BIOS but idk)

I planned to use userbenchmark and passmark to check relative performance of the card and then followed by a 30min run of furmark while monitoring the temperatures (Also unigine heaven to check stability if needed).

I am not sure about problems with Asus as long as you have proper invoice with serial number you are good to go. Even Zotak is fine unless its a case of extended warranty period (you need original email for that)
I am not sure but I have linked shallg's comment above though since he has had first hand experience. @shallg can you please share your experience and what troubles you faced while trying to RMA zotac and asus cards on a mining bill/multiple GPU bill?

You managed to negotiate the price of galax 3070 to 20k? or is it 3060Ti.
Its a really good price for 3070 so be careful, something doesn't feels right as this deal looks too good to be true
For the 3070. The 3060Ti I have stopped trying to negotiate ever since reading shallg's comment. I managed to negotiate the price of the 3070 from the initial price of 27k to 21k and now 20k.
This price doesn't seem too fishy to me since most bulk buys are happening around this price and also it's a distress/urgent sale since this is a miner trying to close up shop and recover investment before it reaches a state of having to sell it to a scrap dealer because of urgency.(Hence why I hope the price can go down even further)

Regarding the photos he shared, forget them. You are dealing face to face so inspect properly and take pics for reference so if you decide to deal later you have something to compare with.
I meant the photos for you guys to see and verify
Before you visit ask him to clean the cards with blower so you can inspect instantly rather than wasting time
As b.life stated, from the pics the cards do seem a bit dusty (not like they were left in the sahara but yeah mostly accumilation of dust on the fins of heatsink) but no dust on top of the card which makes me believe that he just used a cloth to dust off the outside without giving the insides much of a cleaning.
If tthe cards are too dusty I'll just ask him to clean it for me when I visit him since then he'd be cleaning it in front of me but I woul rather not risk the life of the card by getting him to clean the card instead of me celaning it myself/ getting an RMA myself.

I would like to inform you guys since these would be used 24X7 for mining idk how many days but try to buy a card which was a later stock a newer SKU or something much more recent. The idea behind this is that due to continuous heat the soldering gets weak since they were running continuously they will work but once you remove them to repaste ,fan clean etc chances of card going bad would increase so tread very carefully try to get in warranty cards

I would like to inform you guys since these would be used 24X7 for mining idk how many days but try to buy a card which was a later stock a newer SKU or something much more recent. The idea behind this is that due to continuous heat the soldering gets weak since they were running continuously they will work but once you remove them to repaste ,fan clean etc chances of card going bad would increase so tread very carefully try to get in warranty cards
I'm sorry no offense but if the GPU was running that hot, would the solder just not fall off/drip off the card?(Also isn't the melting point of solder like 200°?)

But I agree to your second point, get a card under warranty unless if the card dying the very next day has no effect on you(basically if you're okay with losing the money the very next day)

I would recommend against this(highlight and red text mine) as
1. The gpu fans are very delicate and easy to break at very high rpm
2. If the fins are not held in place the high air pressure will easly push the fans past their max ram and will ruin the fans(you will start hearing whining noise)

But if you do ask him to clean the card and if he takes out the blower then you know what to lookout for.

Regards
Thanks for correction though I was assuming who ever is using a blower knows how to handle it. I do use a blower quite often but I know it should be at level 1 and not on full speed.

The idea behind this is that due to continuous heat the soldering gets weak since they were running continuously they will work but once you remove them to repaste ,fan clean etc chances of card going bad would increase so tread very carefully try to get in warranty cards
Completely wrong. It's quite the opposite. Running continuously on a constant stable load and non-fluctuating temps is not at all harmful for solder joints. It's quite healthy.

In fact gaming load or any kind of load which is constantly pushing the card to it's limits and then pulling it down does hot and cool cycles on the card and that is the worst condition you can put any piece of hardware through. That is exactly what weakens the solder joints. Ironically, that is how you break and bend strong metals in forging. That is the idea (science) behind it.

Fans have DC motors. When you rotate a DC motor, it becomes a generator pushing dc voltage into the Card. That I think could be a bigger problem

is 2060 super better than rx6600 at same price?
1664995864499.png

is 2060 super better than rx6600 at same price?
It's really a brand preference at this point. In some games either of those cards perform within 10% of each other.

The upscaling technology is slightly better on the green side IMO but AMD's also doing better with FSR2 and similar in performance but with AMD you don't get DLSS while going with green team you get both DLSS and FSR2 because the red team is that good and offered it to everyone.

You can be almost sure there's nothing new coming for 2000 series cards but AMD would support 6000 series with new features for now.

Bhai will you be willing to help us out? since @Psycharge is visiting the seller today if we ask him to send the gpu's to your place can you check those for us and once approved we can pay the dealer.
Then you will ship it to us, Ofc not all these for free :)
Any update on this? I am also looking for one.

@rsaeon would you be interested to tag along ?

Thanks for the mention, I would have went — the market is rapidly shifting and prices are dropping almost weekly. Somehow It feels like that they're going to go lower.

I've heard of 3090's were being sold for 60k a couple weeks ago and now the latest I'm hearing is 40k without warranty (imports).

Even at 21k for a 3070 with warranty, I don't think it's a good time to buy a GPU for gaming (economy, inflation, new launches). The mining craze, covid fog and everything else that went wrong in the world has really messed with our way of thinking of what's a decent price for used hardware so to put this into perspective, the 3070 was released two years ago at ~51k. Back in the day, I couldn't get even half price for my 970 a year and a half after purchase.

Also, with this mass offloading of GPU's, the RMA procedure and requirements are going to change drastically, it's almost certain these manufacturers didn't increase their reserve stock for RMA as they increased manufacturing during the GPU craze because they never expected miners to claim warranty (mods, ROI).

Thanks for the mention, I would have went — the market is rapidly shifting and prices are dropping almost weekly. Somehow It feels like that they're going to go lower.
I've heard of 3090's were being sold for 60k a couple weeks ago and now the latest I'm hearing is 40k without warranty (imports).
Yeah these were the same concerns I had when I was planning to get a GPU.Though prices seem to have plateaued for a bit since there isn't much stock left for the miners to sell, would expect just a slight reduction to clear out remaining stock but since they knew people bought when the price was higher, they hope to sell it for that price itself(Prime example of how the 3060Ti was listed for 23k for a brief moment then bumped back up to 24k).

Even at 21k for a 3070 with warranty, I don't think it's a good time to buy a GPU for gaming (economy, inflation, new launches). The mining craze, covid fog and everything else that went wrong in the world has really messed with our way of thinking of what's a decent price for used hardware so to put this into perspective, the 3070 was released two years ago at ~51k. Back in the day, I couldn't get even half price for my 970 a year and a half after purchase.
That's why I contemplated their condition, if I really needed a GPU right now, will warranty be honoured, etc.(My main conclusion was that you get low prices for used stuff only when the seller has a neccesity/needs to sell it urgently and that getting this amount of rasterisation for this price won't be possible for quite some time in the future, so decided to pull the trigger and got the 3070 for wellll below 20k and with ~20 months of warranty left and with only one card per bill)
Again for the deal I got I think the only way I'll match the price to performance ratio is to get a 5060/5070 at MSRP.

Also, with this mass offloading of GPU's, the RMA procedure and requirements are going to change drastically, it's almost certain these manufacturers didn't increase their reserve stock for RMA as they increased manufacturing during the GPU craze because they never expected miners to claim warranty (mods, ROI).
This we can't really do much about. If the manufacturer decides to deny mining GPUs there's zero ways you'd know the GPU has been mined on unless the bill has multiple GPUs on it(which you could explain as prebuilt,etc but that's the only case in which the manufacturer finds out you have a mined GPU, granted you clean the card well).
But I don't think they'll go with this route(but it's possible) as it would upset the people who bought it second hand would be affected most.

What I think they'll do is focus more on refurbishing the cards they get for RMA(as long as they're not dead, overheating can be fixed, fans can be fixed, cards can be cleaned, cosmetic damage is not considered anyways) and then RMAing the cards which come later on with the refurbished ones.(Most cost effective for the manufacturer)

The best case scenario is that the still give everyone who goes for an RMA a new card until stocks run out(3070Ti Galax cards have already run out in India afaik, there will probably be many more going out of stock soon) until they run out of stock eventually and give every subsequent RMA a new 40 series card *OR* the market rate for their card(This is in the terms and conditions, I read it since I didn't want to take ANY chances) and since we have no idea about what the market rate is going to be then, can't comment much on it(Also don't know anyone who has been compensated like that, buy hey its in the T&C)

TLDR; Options for warranty are:
1)Give new but same SKU
2)Give refurbished SKU
3)Give market rate refund
4)Give RTX4000 SKU/Higher RTX3000 SKU
5)Offer to repair if possible
6)Reject RMA since it's a mining card(multiple cards on bill/improper condition)

Anyone interested in Asus Turbo 3070 @23.5k+Shipping extra?
We managed to strike a deal with a miner for 8 gpu's and 7 members have confirmed, only last piece left so if anyone want to join in this combined deal feel free to write here. The rig is in Bangalore so members from the city will get a preference (would prefer if you can help in examining the gpus).

P.S. Also if any member from Bangalore who is willing to help in examination of these gpus would be highly appreciated.

Back