GPU prices are at their lowest in 15 months, could fall to ‘attractive’ level already in May

Yes exactly. What if I gift it to someone or get gifted by someone? Why should someone suffer due to this?
The gifting party should take the pain of rma if the situation arises!
How do they enforce this? Companies can say anything but according to consumer laws, I think warranty resides with the product and not with the owner.
Cos. can do anything, its their biz and their policies. No doubt now after corsair, many brands have started to ask invoice copies for rma. Thus, its all biz!
still not clear though...

If we buy a used gpu let's say which is 6 months old and has 2.5 yrs warranty left and it needs rma/service and the bill is in original owners name, will it be honoured or does the 2nd owner essentially has no warranty coverage.. ..?
Warranty coverage will be there even to the 1000th owner however, if the service center demands on verifying any otp/codes via registered email/ph. no. then that creates an issue!

Yes exactly. What if I gift it to someone or get gifted by someone? Why should someone suffer due to this?
in case of refund, the owner that is the biller will be refunded. so in terms of second hand, this is the case and now the company try to identify the owner and if they get to know that this is not a gift and was a sale, your warranty is rejected.

So while i was cleaning my GPU with alcohol it accidentally sprayed over the sticker and now it's all messed up. Have given the card for RMA.. let's see if they accept it or not.
Company gigabyte
Bought from a miner.

So while i was cleaning my GPU with alcohol it accidentally sprayed over the sticker and now it's all messed up. Have given the card for RMA.. let's see if they accept it or not.
Company gigabyte
Bought from a miner.
If you gave in person then they wud tell u right away if they will take it or not.

If you gave in person then they wud tell u right away if they will take it or not.
They told they will take it as test. And gave me the RMA slip. What surprises me is that they told without the sticker there is no other way for the manufacturer to check the serial number. Which is very odd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-01-20-40-02-608_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-01-20-40-02-608_com.android.chrome.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 57
They told they will take it as test. And gave me the RMA slip. What surprises me is that they told without the sticker there is no other way for the manufacturer to check the serial number. Which is very odd.
That's new....I've seen in delhi center they refuse taking any hardware if it doesn't has the serial no. Sticker.

That's new....I've seen in delhi center they refuse taking any hardware if it doesn't has the serial no. Sticker.
Doesn't have is fine. Mine one ink has been pushed cos of alcohol.
But even then a company should have other ways to get the serial number.
And if they have only one way i e the sticker then make it from plastic so that it doesn't get damaged.

Doesn't have is fine. Mine one ink has been pushed cos of alcohol.
But even then a company should have other ways to get the serial number.
And if they have only one way i e the sticker then make it from plastic so that it doesn't get damaged.
Do update what happens. Does that alcohol spill caused letters and barcode to be smudged. Also box has serial number too.

How long before we see effects here...?

Wait till mid August.

Market will be soon saturated with used GPU.

Last edited:
Do update what happens. Does that alcohol spill caused letters and barcode to be smudged. Also box has serial number too.
Sure will do. Yup the alcohol spill caused the sticker smudged so that the letters are not visible. Like you can make out the last 4 numbers if you look very carefully or with magnifying glass.
They did not take my box. They took my GPU with the foam cover and gave me back my GPU box and took serial.number from that.

Sure will do. Yup the alcohol spill caused the sticker smudged so that the letters are not visible. Like you can make out the last 4 numbers if you look very carefully or with magnifying glass.
They did not take my box. They took my GPU with the foam cover and gave me back my GPU box and took serial.number from that.
Ok, there must be somewhere inside sticker also i guess to check when it's opened

hey
They do that. Brands don't take in the box but the product in talks only. You will be one lucky dude if all this goes through and you get a replacement unit.

Nice video , shows the prices and covers the latest gpu news .
One thing can some one confirm, he says "Once Ethereum moves to proof-of-stake later this year, GPU miners will no longer be able to mine Ethereum." , does that signify eth mining will stop and we can hope to see some gpu flood soon ?

Nice video , shows the prices and covers the latest gpu news .
One thing can some one confirm, he says "Once Ethereum moves to proof-of-stake later this year, GPU miners will no longer be able to mine Ethereum." , does that signify eth mining will stop and we can hope to see some gpu flood soon ?
You can already see so many GPU selling here on TE at such a low cost. 3060Ti going for 40k, remember what it was like a year ago. I have seen people selling 3080Ti for 1.4L on TE itself and now even at 80k for a 3080Ti, there is no buyer. Wait for a month and you will see retailers also dropping price.

True and miners will move to other coins making almost all of them non-profitable (ETH is a biggest coin so other coins won't have the capacity to accumulate all those miners moving from ETH, huge supply/less demand). We have been waiting for that day for a long time so lets wait and see how it goes.

You can already see so many GPU selling here on TE at such a low cost. 3060Ti going for 40k, remember what it was like a year ago. I have seen people selling 3080Ti for 1.4L on TE itself and now even at 80k for a 3080Ti, there is no buyer. Wait for a month and you will see retailers also dropping price.
True that . I hope to really see even more stability if it goes as this down trend . Especially as this is some real bad news for crypto miners.

True and miners will move to other coins making almost all of them non-profitable (ETH is a biggest coin so other coins won't have the capacity to accumulate all those miners moving from ETH, huge supply/less demand). We have been waiting for that day for a long time so lets wait and see how it goes.
Yeah very true , have heard some people say ETH was kind of backbone for other penny cryptos as it was underlying protocol or something . So it would be a big hit to the mining market . So yeah fingers crossed, hoping to see even better gpu prices.

Also there's been news that Nvidia , AMD even Apple was reportedly cutting back on new TSMC 5nm orders for latest new series as supply is high for 30series and demand is staggering with used gpu's flooding the market . It will be an interesting market situation in future!

Back